• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Best Nootropic stack for a Bad memory?

nootropic memory huperzine pramiracetam piracetam aniracetam stack bad best help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Roberts

• 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

19 years old, 160lbs, 6ft, healthy (balanced diet) sporty.

Basically guys, HELP!!

To put it bluntly my memory is sh*t. As of late September I will be commencing my second yearat university (provided I pass my resit tomorrow :/ ). When it comes to revising for exams I cannot remember anything!! As hard as I try to revise a few weeks before the exam, my memory recalls very little information and I end up relying on my short-term memory; as a result I end up cramming everything in a few minutes before which is not practical. I need to improve long-term memory and recall..

So far I have experiment with pramiracetam, Huperzine, DMAE & choline Bitartrate with little effect, other than a pressure like feeling in my head.

(All with 250mg of Huperzine)
Pramiracetam 100mg/ DMAE 100mg/Fish Oil 1000mg
Pramiracetam 100mg/Choline 100mg/Fish Oil 1000mg
Pramiracetam 300mg/choline 500mg/Fish Oil 1000mg
Pramiracetam 300mg/Choline 500mg/DMAE 500mg/Fish Oil 1000mg
Pramiracetam 1.2g
Pramiracetam 1.2g/ choline 1.2g/Fish Oil 2000mg

Any recommendations of dose/ other nootropics primarily for memory?

Thanks guys

Edited by Jay Roberts, 30 August 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#2 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

I too have terrible memory. I haven't really found supplements that enhances my memory directly, but I found that if I fast and not stuff myself, keep the carbs low, then my memory and functioning is much better. There are a lot of things that could hinder memory, like mood swings, depression, anxiety, etc so make sure you got none of that first before seeking something directly for memory.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Beth

• 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Memory is difficult because its hard to measure accurately, short term memory can be improved with stimulants , caffeine, ritalin, adderall, modafinil. Then you've got long-term potentiation which is how the racetams are thought to work. Rolipram is a good PDE4 inhibitor if you have access to it.

#4 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Memory is difficult because its hard to measure accurately, short term memory can be improved with stimulants , caffeine, ritalin, adderall, modafinil. Then you've got long-term potentiation which is how the racetams are thought to work. Rolipram is a good PDE4 inhibitor if you have access to it.

The problem with those is in the long run they actually decrease short & long term memory. I have yet to find a long term supplement besides fish oil that can safely enhance short/long term memory without down regulation/ desensitization.

#5 timjeezy

• 22 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Jay, there may be a couple of problems with your current stack:

1. I assume you are consuming pramiracetam with fatty food, either that or stirring a few hundred mg in a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and then drink this with water to wash it down (not as bad as it sounds). Otherwise, you will have very little to no effect from pramiracetam, as pramiracetam is fat-soluble. I think pramiracetam is a good choice, I have had good results with it.

2. The current choline source you are using may be an issue. A lack of choline is most likely why you are getting that headache feeling. Choline bartartrate does the job, but only if you take a couple grams of it (much of it does not cross the blood-brain barrier until you take large doses). You do not seem to be taking enough choline bartartate. Also, I would never recommend taking any type of racetam without a choline source, as the resulting headache you will most likely get will be annoying and decrease the benefit of taking the racetam in the first place. I would even say that using a higher power racetam (such as pramiracetam) with bartartrate may not cut it. piracetam is fine with bartartrate in my experiences, but I usually get a headache if I use bartartrate with pramiracetam. Not all choline sources are created equal.

Personally, I would ditch the DMAE and Huperzine A, and just use 250-300 mg of either alpha GPC or CDP choline ("citicoline"). Huperzine A with either centrophenoxine or DMAE is just not as good (in my experience) as simply taking 250-300 mg of either alpha GPC or CDP choline ("citicoline") to supply the much needed choline when taking nootropics. Using a good choline source should get rid of the pressure headache feeling. Things like choline bartartrate, choline citrate, and lecithin may get the job done, but I would not recommend using either of these three exclusively with racetams. Once you taste the good stuff (alpha GPC or CDP choline, which can provide nootropic effects even when taken alone) - there is no going back.

If you are already doing these two things already, then I am not sure why you are getting headaches.

For enhancing memory, some other supplements you can investigate (although your memory will certainly be enhanced by taking a good choline source with your pramiracetam): Lion's Mane, Bacopa, and vinpocetine. I have not used either of these three myself, but all of them are frequently mentioned as "memory enhancers" and a lot of people take them along with nootropic stacks. But you will most likely have to take lion's mane and bacopa for several weeks at least to get desired results.

Good luck.

Edited by timjeezy, 02 September 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#6 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I second bacopa and lion's mane as good and non-habit-forming supplements for memory improvements. Note that effects with these tend to build gradually, and a good source is the difference between success and failure.

An aniracetam/oxiracetam stacked with choline and a high fat diet is also very viable IMO. I have crammed on that stack, with excellent results.

#7 Pirate

• 147 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

When you say crammed - do you still have access to the information learned cramming, even today?

#8 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

Check out the CILTEP Stack.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#9 kagalive1985

• 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Try Piracetam 4.8 grams for a week, if no improvement try an attack dosage of 12 grams for 3 days.

If still no improvement consider adding 1.6 grams of Aniracetam and/or 800mg of Oxiracetam to the stack.

For even more power add 3x10mg servings of Noopept per day.

For a long-term improvement also add 500mg of Lion's Mane Mushroom daily. (Takes about 6 months to take full effect).

Hope that sheds some light on the subject,
Namaste,
- Kagalive
  • like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic, memory, huperzine, pramiracetam, piracetam, aniracetam, stack, bad, best, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users