• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

My perfect stack (for long term use)

lithium orotate hemp protein vitamins gotu kola n-acetylcysteine magnesium long term

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 billmurray7

• 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

All B vitamins in their co-enzyme forms (Methylcobalamin [b12], L-methylfolate [folate], Pyridoxal 5' phosphate [b6], etc.)

Amino acids: N-Acetylcysteine, Acetyl-L-carnitine, and a full spectrum protein powder such as Hemp protein (better than whey)

Vitamin D3 5000 IU per day (or I lay out in the sun for atleast 20 minutes)

Zinc 50mg (EVERY OTHER DAY to avoid copper deficiency) best form is zinc orotate or picolinate but citrate or chelate will do

Magnesium 450 mg per day (my favorite form is mag sulfate and malate)

Fish Oil

Lithium orotate 120mg per day (5mg elemental lithium)

Decent multi-vitamin

Black coffee, Ginkgo Biloba, Rhodiola, and Gotu Kola

Is there anything I'm missing, or anything I'm doing wrong? Constructive criticism is welcome.

Edited by billmurray7, 09 September 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#2 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

That's a lot of zinc... are you taking it to avoid copper excess? Because it's antagonistic to and will cause your body to expel copper.

I would add vitamin K2. Get rid of the NAC and protein.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Looks like a sweet stack...

You don't say what kind or how much of the fish oil. A lot of the fish oil folks seem to get carried away, and I tend to think none at all would be better than too much.

Very good thinking regarding the zinc... Another supp where more is not better. The same might be true for lithium. Every other day might be better.

Perhaps some extra vitamin-E might reduce oxidation of the fish oil in your liver... Do you get lecithin (choline/phospholipids) from eggs? Quercetin from green tea? Have you looked into curcumin? The more I read about flavonoids, the more I like them.

Stay Healthy my Friends.

#4 billmurray7

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

The fish oil I take is 1400mg concentrate (from mackerel, sardine, and anchovy). It contains 900 mg Omega3's (647mg EPA and 253mg of DHA). I usually take one a day but sometimes two.

I do take vitamin E (400IU), but not on a regular basis or anything (maybe once or twice a week).

I get my choline mostly from eggs, but every now and then I'll take a lecithin supplement. (I used to have citicoline but ran out)

I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables (paleo diet) so I should have enough quercetin.

I've read about curcumin, and so far it seems legit. I'll probably buy some next time I go to the health food shop.

Thanks for the response!

#5 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

It seems like you have a lot of bases covered if you are still relatively young.
I like others have mentioned, would add a full spectrum E, and K2
I would also take a blend of polyphenols. The best researched , with the greatest benefit IMO are:
Silymarin , resveratrol , Pterostilbene , curcumin, grape seed extract, and green tea extract.
I prefer to buy standardized products, individually from well know high quality companies like Jarrow or LEF.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 RJ100

• 153 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

That's a lot of zinc... are you taking it to avoid copper excess? Because it's antagonistic to and will cause your body to expel copper.

They expel each other? Huh.

The Jarrow zinc sup I've been taking had copper in it.

http://www.jarrow.co...31/Zinc_Balance

Why would they do that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lithium orotate, hemp protein, vitamins, gotu kola, n-acetylcysteine, magnesium, long term

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users