* * * * * 3 votes

Ladasten/Bromantan

bromantane

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

.....I see it is available, but looks like a stimulant mostly. Anybody ever tried it? If so, what are the nootropic qualities?

#2 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

@now, our aniracetam-noopept usage must have us thinking along the same lines (jk). I was also about to post a thread on this topic.

Let's hope we get some answers, I do believe that a few people on this forum have taken it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Not much to find when searching. Other than that it seems both an anxyolitic and a stimulant. I might bite the bullet abd try sone (and log it).

#4 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Sounds like a good idea. What are you looking to gain from it?

#5 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Mostly curious.

#6 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Let me be more specific: I'd like to see if the stimulant and anxiolitic properties hold, both incidentally and after say, 2 weeks.

And of course: are there side effects, what are they, ... And is there desensitization.

Phenylpiracetam works fine for me, but if I read the logs that can change easily (that's why I never take it more than 1 time/week. Ever).

But if others tried Ladasten/Bromantan, I hope they share their experience.

#7 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

.... immune system strengthening. But is that even possible? And how to measure?

Otoh it is an amantadine derivative..

Edited by @now, 15 September 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#8 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Where can this be ordered?

#9 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

I was wondering the same, a simple google listed one site that looked kind of eh

#10 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

I saw that awakebrain is selling the Russian brand. Expensive though.

#11 S3B

• 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hey everyone. This will be my first post on Longecity.

I have some friends from Russia who have managed to get me Noopept, Fenotropil (phenylpiracetam) and Ladasten too. Should take about a month to reach me as they have to send it via a friend travelling to London. Once I get Ladasten I'd be happy to post my experience with it. I am a noot-noob and I will start my Geratam (piracetam) + choline regime this coming week, and then stack the Noopept and Fenotropil when it arrives. This will also give me a good opportunity to log the differences in potency.

What interests me most is if Ladasten would be synergistic with the racetams. How should I stack it with my racetam regime. Any ideas? Let me know your thoughts, and I'll report back with my experience with Ladasten when I get it.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#12 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

I would try to test fenotropil and ladasten "stand-alone". That way you'll know better what the benefits are. More importantly, you'll notice any side-effects much better.

#13 S3B

• 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Agreed. How long do you think is a sufficient time to do each one standalone before trying to stack them?

I would try to test fenotropil and ladasten "stand-alone". That way you'll know better what the benefits are. More importantly, you'll notice any side-effects much better.

#14 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have no idea - it looks like there is not much information out there.

#15 S3B

• 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'll probably do a week trial of each before attempting to stack them.
  • like x 1

#16 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Got some. Tried it. Basically a "boring" log: works as "advertised". Either there is a serious side effect - or it is very strange something like this isn't available in the west.

Details:
- took 50mg in the morning
- kicked in after 2h
- notably stimulating and anxiolitic
- better mood
- No noticable side effects

I think of it as anti-lethargy++ : you do all the little things without getting tired. No brain fog either. The difference compared to noopept is that you won't think "better" (but "more" - just better perserverance).

So if you're smart enough you'll get focus+++. I can also see how this will lift people out of a foggy/lethargic period: the stuff kicks in in 2h and lasts all day. Use that energy to change your habits and focus, keep at it some time, continue living without ladasten (my theory being that after a few weeks you get used to a different rythm)

I do think the dose of 50mg in the AM is enough given the half life of 11h AND you need to good care of yourself given that you'll burn more energy. Anyway, it definitely battles something that lot of people "fight".
  • like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#17 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Got some. Tried it. Basically a "boring" log: works as "advertised". Either there is a serious side effect - or it is very strange something like this isn't available in the west.

Details:
- kicked in after 2h
- better mood

I think of it as anti-lethargy++ : you do all the little things without getting tired. No brain fog either. The difference compared to noopept is that you won't think "better" (but "more" - just better perserverance).

So if you're smart enough you'll get focus+++. I can also see how this will lift people out of a foggy/lethargic period: the stuff kicks in in 2h and lasts all day. Use that energy to change your habits and focus, keep at it some time, continue living without ladasten (my theory being that after a few weeks you get used to a different rythm)

I do think the dose of 50mg in the AM is enough given the half life of 11h AND you need to good care of yourself given that you'll burn more energy. Anyway, it definitely battles something that lot of people "fight".

Good log, but I think much more experience is warranted. I had the same effect, although the stimulation was admittedly mild. The next day I couldn't get the same effect even out of 100mg, and had to fallback to other stimulants. It stabilized my mood, but didn't make me feel any better than just fine. Rat studies have used much higher doses. For me, it remains to be seen whether it has an effect on physical endurance during a workout. In any event, it is too expensive at awakebrain.com, and much more so when trying higher doses..

Edited by Climactic, 22 September 2012 - 04:20 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#18 jerichodotm

• 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

Details:
- kicked in after 2h
- better mood

Thank you. I recently ordered some and am excited to give it a go.

#19 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Day 2: I had some stomache ache and heart burn. Same as Day 1, but it may be due to a cold I have as well. In general I felt pretty good, but the stomach troubles (though passing) are bothersome. Think NSAID side effects (which I'm sensitive to).

I'll wait 2 days to wash out and get the cold out of my system and repeat to see if still gives these side effects. The positive effects were still there: enhanced focus and stamina, mood lifting.

Edited by @now, 23 September 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#20 TiredAt45

• 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

I've recently received some of this from awakebrain.com. I have yet to try it, since I'm waiting for an opportunity to be off other meds. for at least a few days before trying it as well as Phenylpiracetam.

I'm glad Ladasten/Bromantan is finally getting some reviews. I hope it turns out to be beneficial.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#21 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

Imo they are for incidental use, with Ladasten working a bit longer and mildly anxiolitic. The jury is still out there though, phenylpiracetam seems to have less side effects so far- bur again: it's still early.

I hope others start posting....
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#22 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

phenylpiracetam seems to have less side effects so far

Sorry, but it is not at all appropriate for you to scream "side effects" from an isolated experience, considering everything else going on in your life. This thread is starting to become post-heavy and content-free. How about we take it for a week or two, or over a period of time, and then post our experience? This isn't a chatroom.

Edited by Climactic, 23 September 2012 - 08:54 PM.

• dislike x 4
  • Good Point x 3
  • like x 2

#23 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

^

Just to let you know: downvoted you and upvoted him.

You guys don't understand that people will be reading these threads years from now, and they'll have to parse through all this junk. Do you see the user chrono post like this? Or do you see research papers come out in ten parts? No. All I am suggesting is - use your words and your posts carefully. Write as if you're writing a Study of One.

Edited by Climactic, 23 September 2012 - 09:27 PM.

• like x 7
  • dislike x 3
  • Good Point x 2

#24 Healthy Tony

• 112 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

Hey guys, I'm not a mod or anything, but seriously could you try and behave? I think Ladasten might have some potential, so I was hoping to find something more useful in this thread than you two bickering.
That being said, I was wondering if anyone could comment on long term tolerance buildup? Has anyone taken it for a few weeks or more?

#25 Bigbrains

• 25 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

Very Interested to see more user experience of this drug. I bought Noopept a little over a month ago from Awakebrain and was toying with the idea of making a thread here to see if anyone had experiences with Bromantan. My experience with the Noopept I bought from them was so bad I started to mistrust the site and thought that they might be selling a product with questionable substances in it.You never know what those enterprising Russians might be up to-lol

All I could realy find on the net about this substance though is that it was used for some time by Russian Olympic Athletes with good results until Olympic Commitee made a special test to detect the drug and ban it. Seems like it does a pretty good job at what its supposed to do,but I'm surprised from looking at google that this drug never had much use out of Russia.

#26 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

I am mostly interested in a decent source for this that ships to the US. AwakeBrain is pricey.

(also looking for a source of amisulpride, agomelatine, and phenylpiracetam)

#27 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

(also looking for a source of amisulpride, agomelatine, and phenylpiracetam)

Nootrabiolabs has lately been selling bulk phenylpiracetam on ebay. CoA here. It is cheaper than Phenotropil and Demiurge. I have yet to try it in 100-300 mg doses. I also have to subjectively compare its taste and potency with the other two.
  • like x 1

#28 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

Nootrabiolabs has lately been selling bulk phenylpiracetam on ebay. CoA here. It is cheaper than Phenotropil and Demiurge. I have yet to try it in 100-300 mg doses. I also have to subjectively compare its taste and potency with the other two.

Hadn't seen this yet, thanks. These are the guys I got noopept from. The packaging didn't do much to inspire product confidence, but it seemed to be genuine.

#29 @now

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

I think Climactic has a point, I simply posted daily as a log so people could follow progress and reactions day by day. But waiting a bit and collecting them is a good idea. Thanks.

I do think reactions should be "emotion free". "...with al the things going on in your life...." ? a) you don't know me and b) actually, nothing is going on, except for having a cold and being a bit lethargic because of that.

Anyway, let's make this topic worthwhile for future readers again. I do hope others will ( be able to ) post their experiences in due time.

Edited by @now, 24 September 2012 - 08:05 AM.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Tubemode

• 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Now that this is settled, perhaps - studies anyone?

Derivatives of adamantane, like memantine, are potentially neuroprotective drugs for the favourable care of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. A further adamantane derivate is N-(2-adamantyl)-N-(para-bromophenyl)-amine (ladasten) which is capable to modulate animal performance in different learning paradigms. To clarify if some of those behavioural alterations are mediated by modulation of catecholamine syntheses we studied the effects of single administration of ladasten (50 mg/kg, per os) on catecholamines' biosynthesis in the ventral tegmental area, nucleus accumbens, hypothalamus, striatum and hippocampus. We found that ladasten differentially regulates tyrosine hydroxylase mRNA and protein as well as dopamine and L-DOPA content. We then investigated the effects of ladasten on activity-dependent hippocampal synaptic plasticity in vitro and found that application of 10 microM ladasten transforms short-term potentiation of synaptic transmission to a long-lasting form. A transformation of short-term into long-term potentiation was also observed, when ladasten was applied 40 min after a single 100 Hz 200 ms tetanization. This reinforcement was blocked by the protein synthesis inhibitor anisomycin and could be attenuated by the D1/D5 receptor antagonist SCH23390. These results suggest that ladasten induces reinforcement of short-term potentiation via protein synthesis and dopamine dependent mechanisms.

If the two of you prefer, perhaps it is best if someone make a separate thread regarding the substance from a theoretical perspective.

Edited by Tubemode, 24 September 2012 - 10:13 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bromantane

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users