Photo
- - - - -

sleepy on piracetam

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mikael

• 66 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Just got piracetam today. I only took 400mg, but I felt very sleepy after an hour or so. It lasted for about 3-5 hours.

I havent gotten my centro yet so no choline (will have it in a few days). Is it common to feel sleepy on piracetam in the beginning, or is it perhaps due to low acetylcholine levels (since no centro)? I went working out and felt sleeeeepy :P

#2 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

I seen something like this experience many a lot of times.

Piracetam react people in bad way more than 60% ,good res-ponder now silence and enjoying Piracetam effect ,probably .

I think more than choline problem involve in Piracetam bad effect ,it your overall health need to optimal level before Piracetam can work in good way .

Simply some mineral and vitamin deficiency can get bad side of Piracetam effect .

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 banderlog

• 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I have experienced this aswell, not always exactly sleepy but often a bit tranquil and a sensation familiar to when you recently recieve a lot of new impressions. A kind of fatigue. For me personally it helps immensely to take piracetam with coffee since it seems to activate it and reduces the fatigue.

#4 fl00d22

• 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

I've noticed this as well. Today I switched my dose from 2.4g twice a day to 4.8g twice a day, and I've noticed less brain fog and a lot more energy. If it is early in your cycle (the first week or two) you might want to let it build up a bit. Or do what I did and play with the dosages.

#5 Mikael

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

hmm yeah Ill definately experiment with dosages. This was my very first day. Ill wait for centro till I up the dose over 800mg though. Will go as high as needed, not over 10gram though.

#6 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

I was tired the first week, maybe the first two. After that I didn't get tired anymore taking piracetam.

#7 Mikael

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

ok so I was tired when I took it, then after a few hours I felt alert. Then I couldnt sleep very well tonight... Slept 4 hours then kept tossing and turning. I am fairly confident it was the piracetam but not 100% I seem to be very sensitive to drugs that change one neurotransmittor, cant remember if its norephinephrine or what the name of it is. Does piracetam affect this?

I can usually combat this effect with a low dosage of a sedative antihistamine so I guess I could do that, but I rather not. We shall see.

At any rate im also getting bacopa in a few days so hopefully the combo of this works out as Ive heard bacopa is good for sleep. Otherwise I guess aniracetam would also be ok as it has such a short half-life.

#8 banderlog

• 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

In the beginning when I took piracetam, especially at evening or in close proximity to bedtime, it seemed to give me really vivid dreams. This has subsided for some reason with increased dosage (and maybe tolerance?). But it didn't make it harder to fall asleep for me.

#9 Mikael

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

yeah ill try taking a highrr dosage. From what ive read piracetam really affects you differently depending on dosage.

#10 fl00d22

• 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Yeah do try different dosages. Personally I barely notice a nootropic effect at 9.6g/day, but this is only my 2nd day on the new dosage. I don't get anxiolytic effects compared to the lower dosage though. I think I'm gonna give it another week, then try noopept or pram which supposedly give you a more stimulant effect. But yeah make sure you allow enough time for it to cumulate, try different dosages, and then if its necessary (in my case it might be)switch to more potent racetams.

#11 Mikael

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

took 800mg today after a somewhat poor nights sleep. No sleepiness at all from the piracetam. First I got a slight headachy feeling which gave way to a fairly nice state of mind (same as with 400mg). I took 100mg caffeine and went running on a threadmill at my gym. The caffeine was too much. I feel sorta manic, and not in a very good way. James joycean wordstreams come in and out of my mind, words are not primarily meaningful but creates a rythm that my head aches to. I look down at my hands and see the holes in the air that my fingers create between them, and think that we are not so much beings in the world as we are these holes. Both on top and beneath the world at the same time, but rarely in it, often playing out of tune and out of sync. An earworm keeps singing dam dam dam and man I feel shit.

:D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 banderlog

• 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

^ Haha, maybe try to lower the coffeine dosage a bit or just drink plain old coffee. A "modest" coffee cup seems to do extremely well with piracetam (for me atleast). But for some reason I don't experience same synergy with energy drinks. Too much coffeine seems to contribute to the irritation and jitterness, so I guess you need to find a sweetspot and hold the tolerance down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users