Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam Changes in eye color? Black to Brown

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 SyntheticPerfection

• 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Not sure if this thread is even in the right location but please feel free to move it. On to the question.

I have been taking Piracetam, CDP-Choline and Lion's mane for the last 2 weeks or so. With piracetam I have been experimenting and yesterday when I looked in the mirror I'm thinking my eyes look a lot different than I thought, I was born with and have had black eyes for the last 19 years. Today I had my suspicions confirmed. My eyes are brown now, is it possible for piracetam to have this effect or do you think this is natural and would have happened anyway. Thanks for your input.

#2 Brandon Morreale

• 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

I'm going to be starting that stack next week (first timer) so I'll let you know if I report eye color changes

What doses do you take? Has it helped at all?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Did you find any confirmation from others? Because the change in color perception (higher saturation) is a well-known piracetam effect, from what i've read here...

Edited by Sun, 05 October 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#4 SyntheticPerfection

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm going to be starting that stack next week (first timer) so I'll let you know if I report eye color changes

What doses do you take? Has it helped at all?

It hasn't really helped me except for the one day of god(like)mode. Every color was shining, I felt like a higher form of life walking around lesser beings and as someone who's name i'm not sure of said on this forum I felt like my body was just a vessel to carry my brain.

and

Other people are the one's that confirmed by suspicions, the change isn't huge but enough to notice for me and for others.

#5 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

I've never heard of black eyes that weren't actually just very dark brown.

Perhaps you're experiencing the color saturation effect, and just seeing your eyes differently?

But you say that others have confirmed it. What did they say, exactly?

Edited by Raza, 05 October 2012 - 06:04 PM.

• Agree x 1

#6 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

some points to consider:
1) Is this the same mirror you use daily?
different lighting and mirror quality could produce slight visual variations!

2) Was it a particularly sunny day?
I have personally noticed in sunny situations my own eyes appear to be a much lighter brown and also confirmed by others talking to me!

3) Do you have pictures you can compare it with?
I know personally one of the first things i did upon getting a digital camera was take a close photo of my eye just out of interest (im a bit strange like that)

4) Have you checked the colours in a controlled situation while on piracetam and off of it?
my thinking for this would be to set a chair in front of a mirror in an electrically lit room and look at your eye color (preferably morning giving you sleep time to clear your system) then repeat an hour after piracetam (photograph both) this would determine if it was the visual effects some receive from piracetam and/or if the piracetam actively causes the change

5) another interesting point is its been theorised that the eyes can be used for diagnosis of deficiencies and illnesses...(i have not fully read up on the details)
now im not in any way suggesting your ill however id be interested in your diet before you started supplementing with CDP-Choline.. did you eat alot of eggs and choline high foods? or could a deficiency in choline have lead to a darkening of your eyes

6) have you been having improved sleep the dark bags around eyes from lack of sleep can make people look older and more worn out a subtle change in the frame of your eyes could change the perception of there colour not to mention all the other benefits of improved sleep!

hope ive given you some ideas to look into :)

#7 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I know that one of the supplements or more made my normally light-green-grey eyes turn much much more saturated and a brighter shade of green. It could be CDP-choline, since you mention that, because I take that the most. However I was thinking it was either from supplementing vitamin A and/or Lutein and Zeaxanthin. Of course that doesn't solve the piracetam question, but I feel like piracetam could just be changing your perception of yourself. As odd as that sounds, when I take piracetam and look in the mirror I find myself to look much better which is obviously an effect of perception.. not the piracetam temporarily making me look better... hahah. I always found that an odd effect, but it is certainly cool.

#8 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Lutein! would be your answer golden1
wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutein

Lutein was found to be concentrated in the macula, a small area of the retina responsible for central vision. The hypothesis for the natural concentration is that lutein helps keep the eyes safe from oxidative stress and the high-energy photons of blue light. Various research studies have shown that a direct relationship exists between lutein intake and pigmentation in the eye.

#9 Tubemode

• 73 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Posted Image

Finally, my dreams of ocular aesthetics will finally come true.

Edited by Tubemode, 05 October 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#10 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Wow awesome crispy cat, thanks for the info. It was a pretty sweet change in color too, btw.

#11 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Wow awesome crispy cat, thanks for the info. It was a pretty sweet change in color too, btw.

:-D glad to help!
You actually have me considering picking some of this up tomorrow!
I have good eyesight which is what lutine is generally marketed for, however a "pretty sweet colour change" sounds too good not to experiment with! ;)

#12 Templanoid

• 88 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

There is no such thing as "Black eyes". Your iris is only brown.. it could be light brown or dark brown.. but if you ask anyone, and if they see your iris' colour as being dark, they're going to say you have brown eyes.
  • Agree x 1

#13 SyntheticPerfection

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

I've never heard of black eyes that weren't actually just very dark brown.

Perhaps you're experiencing the color saturation effect, and just seeing your eyes differently?

But you say that others have confirmed it. What did they say, exactly?

Yes very dark brown is technically considered black, they don't put very dark brown on your driver's license, its black and black enough that you can barely see the pupil

they asked me if I wore contacts and if I changed the color of them

some points to consider:
1) Is this the same mirror you use daily?
different lighting and mirror quality could produce slight visual variations!

2) Was it a particularly sunny day?
I have personally noticed in sunny situations my own eyes appear to be a much lighter brown and also confirmed by others talking to me!

3) Do you have pictures you can compare it with?
I know personally one of the first things i did upon getting a digital camera was take a close photo of my eye just out of interest (im a bit strange like that)

4) Have you checked the colours in a controlled situation while on piracetam and off of it?
my thinking for this would be to set a chair in front of a mirror in an electrically lit room and look at your eye color (preferably morning giving you sleep time to clear your system) then repeat an hour after piracetam (photograph both) this would determine if it was the visual effects some receive from piracetam and/or if the piracetam actively causes the change

5) another interesting point is its been theorised that the eyes can be used for diagnosis of deficiencies and illnesses...(i have not fully read up on the details)
now im not in any way suggesting your ill however id be interested in your diet before you started supplementing with CDP-Choline.. did you eat alot of eggs and choline high foods? or could a deficiency in choline have lead to a darkening of your eyes

6) have you been having improved sleep the dark bags around eyes from lack of sleep can make people look older and more worn out a subtle change in the frame of your eyes could change the perception of there colour not to mention all the other benefits of improved sleep!

hope ive given you some ideas to look into :)

Same mirror as usual

It was a sunny day but I checked with a whole bunch of mirrors, both ones that have natural light shining through the rooms and ones without windows but you may still be right

I don't have any pictures that you can clearly see my eyes, I'm not photogenic haha and ill try #4 when I have the chance

#5 is a possibility, Don't eat as much eggs as I used to

Sleep is the same

There is no such thing as "Black eyes". Your iris is only brown.. it could be light brown or dark brown.. but if you ask anyone, and if they see your iris' colour as being dark, they're going to say you have brown eyes.

People always say my eyes are black because the brown is hardly noticeable, but all in all it didn't change the way I see myself if its even the piracetam, but other people noticed the change as well so its not just me

edit: I should also note that my eyes are back to regular and...yea DEFINITELY something going on with me eyes, the color change before was crazy now that I'm seeing the dark brown again haha...I want it back

Edited by SyntheticPerfection, 06 October 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#14 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

edit: I should also note that my eyes are back to regular and...yea DEFINITELY something going on with me eyes, the color change before was crazy now that I'm seeing the dark brown again haha...I want it back

are you still using the same supplement stack?
as your eyes have returned to their normal colour it would be interesting to know what (if any) supplements you have stopped using since you noticed the original change?

I don't have any pictures that you can clearly see my eyes, I'm not photogenic haha

haha I often feel the same! but as you can see with my profile picture sometimes you simply have to pull a goofy face and put it on the internet!

Edited by Crispy Cat, 06 October 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#15 SyntheticPerfection

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

I think while some amount of choline or piracetam is in my system my eye color lightens up? After that post last night my eye color lightened again, its not the lighting because it was in the same place and my eyes were noticeably different again. Its also possible that I'm just crazy though

#16 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Lutein! would be your answer golden1
wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutein

Lutein was found to be concentrated in the macula, a small area of the retina responsible for central vision. The hypothesis for the natural concentration is that lutein helps keep the eyes safe from oxidative stress and the high-energy photons of blue light. Various research studies have shown that a direct relationship exists between lutein intake and pigmentation in the eye.

You're joking, right? Macular pigmentation has nothing to do with the iris.

#17 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Correct.. that's simply its protective action however I think you missed the full stop that seperated that action from the following highlighted scentence that stated various studies had also shown it to effect eyecolour ..to which no specific method of action was actually assigned ..
Still it is just a wiki quote.. but there are a fair number of linked referances in the article that may lead you to its direct method of action upon pigmentation

#18 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

I think while some amount of choline or piracetam is in my system my eye color lightens up? After that post last night my eye color lightened again, its not the lighting because it was in the same place and my eyes were noticeably different again. Its also possible that I'm just crazy though

:laugh: i think for your own sanity you need to make a photo journal!
log what substances you have taken at what times and take photos of your eyes in a controlled environment at the same times daily!
you dont have to publish the photos.. just use it for your self to work out what causes the change ... or if you are indeed crazy :-D
and dont forget to let us know which it is !!

Edited by Crispy Cat, 06 October 2012 - 02:16 PM.

• like x 1

#19 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Correct.. that's simply its protective action however I think you missed the full stop that seperated that action from the following highlighted scentence that stated various studies had also shown it to effect eyecolour ..to which no specific method of action was actually assigned ..
Still it is just a wiki quote.. but there are a fair number of linked referances in the article that may lead you to its direct method of action upon pigmentation

No, I didn't miss it, and the pigmentation is in the retina. It's not going to change what people see when they look at you.

#20 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

actually, not even going there.

Edited by golden1, 06 October 2012 - 03:23 PM.

• like x 1

#21 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

actually, not even going there.

:-D agreed!
im not an eye expert so cant really argue this point and have probably used the wrong words but the data suggesting it causes slight changes in eye colour is online for anyone that cares to research it!
I think ill pick some up and see if i can perform a semi accurate experiment on it .. I encourage anyone with a camera and some spare change to try it too ;)

#22 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

About 14 years ago a friend of mine and I took tramadol recreationally on a pretty regular basis. We both noticed changes in the appearance of our iris while under the influence of the synthetic opioid.

Scoured PubMed for a bit but couldn't find anything directly related to ocular blood flow or eye-muscle tone effects that tramadol might have that could have caused this. But a possible side effect of tramadol is increased blood flow?

Was trying to find a possible connection between the effects of piracetam on the eye that you may be experiencing and some other drug having a similar effect but have had no luck so far. I assume that a change in muscle tone of the iris could cause a perceived change in color of the eye just through distributing the melanin in different "concentrations" than usual. Don't have a good enough working knowledge of the muscular structure of the iris to do much besides speculate so I'll stop.

#23 InfaredLighter

• 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

manic_racetam are you sure it wasn't just the contraction of your pupil (it is an opioid)? If it reveals more of your iris it could seem like your eye changed color.

#24 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

manic_racetam are you sure it wasn't just the contraction of your pupil (it is an opioid)? If it reveals more of your iris it could seem like your eye changed color.

Definite possibility that it was a simple change in dilation causing a different distribution of muscle fibers which appeared as if it were a color change. Not about to take any opiates to verify the results ;)

#25 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

CDP Choline actually has some legit research behind it's effect on eyes and retina. Imho it could be CDP Choline.

When I'm taking CDP Choline my eyes seem to "glow" or "shine". Could be some other supplement though

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#26 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

are you asian or black? I think dark brown/black is common among them. For me piracatem/any drug did nothing for my eyes. perhaps there were some changes when I took vitamins, look healthier. But probably just placebo since i half expected some sort of improvement.
Another interesting thing with eyes are, even if you cant personally see something say pixel on the computer screen your brain can still register it and so when it comes to graphichs in games good graphics can feel bad even though you see no pixels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users