Photo
- - - - -

How best to take noopept?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jpfritz

• 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

So I believe I have read that swallowing Noopept is better then the sublingual to avoid some side effects, but do oyu needs to take it with whole milk, ie fat like the other racetams?

If yes or no, what is the best way to take it if you are swalloiwing it with a drink? I have ordered a 001g scale since I forgot that when I ordred the noopept first. So I am obviously waiting till it arrives before taking it.

any advice on taking it/measiring it woudl be appreciated since it is so small doseage.

thanks,
JP

#2 alexburke

• 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I put it in a capsole and swallow it with an omega 3-6-9 supplement.

I have tried insufflation a fair amount of times because I believe it gets absorbed better and longer just like sublingual.
Workes faster aswell. I don't really reccommend it because it took a few times to get used to it(taste) and you need a smaller amount then usual.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 EverMath

• 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

So I believe I have read that swallowing Noopept is better then the sublingual to avoid some side effects, but do oyu needs to take it with whole milk, ie fat like the other racetams?

If yes or no, what is the best way to take it if you are swalloiwing it with a drink? I have ordered a 001g scale since I forgot that when I ordred the noopept first. So I am obviously waiting till it arrives before taking it.

any advice on taking it/measiring it woudl be appreciated since it is so small doseage.

thanks,
JP

I just received my first shipment of noopept today myself and i'm ALSO waiting for my scale (forgot to buy till after). I am interested in the answers to these questions myself.

#4 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

I previously used it sublingually, and at ~15 mg the acute effects were pretty obvious and would come within a few minutes as a wave - a mildly euphoric, anxiolytic, spaced-out, non-manic rush. That would subside within a few hours. I didn't find the acute effects to be beneficial, at least for rote work, just pleasant (much like aniracetam). The nootropic effects came gradually, over a week or two, but I had a hard time describing them since they were so gradual, and I can't be sure the effects weren't placebo. There was also some mild anxiogenesis, which was not ideal, but I am not terribly anxious, so that didn't bother me. I did find myself looking forward to the dose for the mildly euphoric effects.

I started another cycle of noopept a few days ago and have been taking 20 mg orally. The effects take longer to take hold (around 15-20 minutes), but they last longer and actually seem to be acutely nootropic. I imagine the long-term nootropic effects will still be present. I will definitely continue to use oral administration, and I think the bioavailability data suggest no superiority of the sublingual route.

Edited by Dissolvedissolve, 19 October 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#5 jpfritz

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

I previously used it sublingually, and at ~15 mg the acute effects were pretty obvious and would come within a few minutes as a wave - a mildly euphoric, anxiolytic, spaced-out, non-manic rush. That would subside within a few hours. I didn't find the acute effects to be beneficial, at least for rote work, just pleasant (much like aniracetam). The nootropic effects came gradually, over a week or two, but I had a hard time describing them since they were so gradual, and I can't be sure the effects weren't placebo. There was also some mild anxiogenesis, which was not ideal, but I am not terribly anxious, so that didn't bother me. I did find myself looking forward to the dose for the mildly euphoric effects.

I started another cycle of noopept a few days ago and have been taking 20 mg orally. The effects take longer to take hold (around 15-20 minutes), but they last longer and actually seem to be acutely nootropic. I imagine the long-term nootropic effects will still be present. I will definitely continue to use oral administration, and I think the bioavailability data suggest no superiority of the sublingual route.

Ok, so when you say you take it orally, how are you taking it? With what liquid? Is fat, whole milk, necessary? Are you putting it in a capsule and swallowing or are you just puting the powder in your mouth on your tongue and drinking something to swallow it?

thanks,
jp

Edited by jpfritz, 19 October 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#6 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

[snip]

Ok, so when you say you take it orally, how are you taking it? With what liquid? Is fat, whole milk, necessary? Are you putting it in a capsule and swallowing or are you just puting the powder in your mouth on your tongue and drinking something to swallow it?

thanks,
jp

I just take it with my other fat soluble vitamins (fish oil, CoQ10, and D) so that the fats should be able to increase bioavailability. I do eat it with a meal with some fat, since that might also help. And in terms of method, I just drink some water but do not swallow, throw the powder in, and then I swallow. It leaves a slightly bitter taste, but it's not too bad.

#7 dimensio

• 15 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

The biggest thing you need to worry about is the enzymes in your stomach destroying the noopept before your body can absorb it. Taking it with anything fatty will help, but its actually better to take after a meal, as the food will "keep the enzymes busy" so more of it will enter your system. This will make it take a little longer to take full effect(~25-30 mins) but you get more out of the dose. Here is a link to the discussion about this: http://www.longecity...post__p__479013

#8 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

The biggest thing you need to worry about is the enzymes in your stomach destroying the noopept before your body can absorb it. Taking it with anything fatty will help, but its actually better to take after a meal, as the food will "keep the enzymes busy" so more of it will enter your system. This will make it take a little longer to take full effect(~25-30 mins) but you get more out of the dose. Here is a link to the discussion about this: http://www.longecity...post__p__479013

if you're worried about digestive enzymes, you should probably take it on an empty stomach. the presence of any food causes the digestive enzymes to be secreted. but with noopept, enzymes are not really a worry. that's one of the unique properties of this peptide.

#9 dimensio

• 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

Can you show me a link to this information(noopept's unique ability to not be broken down)? as far as I know, enzymes are released in your stomach anytime you think about, smell, see or taste food as well. Taking noopept on an empty stomach will basically destroy most of it because the gastric juices are already there.

Edit: Really want to know because every article I read about noopept(science, not forums) says that its a dipeptide.

Edited by dimensio, 26 October 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#10 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

That's how I take it- with food. It seems to give me the most benefit and least side effects this way.

#11 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Can you show me a link to this information(noopept's unique ability to not be broken down)? as far as I know, enzymes are released in your stomach anytime you think about, smell, see or taste food as well. Taking noopept on an empty stomach will basically destroy most of it because the gastric juices are already there.

Edit: Really want to know because every article I read about noopept(science, not forums) says that its a dipeptide.

google: "noopept oral absorption"

1st hit is wikipedia

footnotes 12 and 13

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11782792

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/10977920

#12 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

i found no difference in methods of administration. sublingual just seems silly to me, just swallow your danged noopept, it does the same thing. I wouldn't worry about taking it with fats, I've taken it numerous times from a bottle of water i dissolved it in and had a strong effect every time even at 5mg, without food. It is also very convenient to dose from a water bottle, for example dissolve 1mg per every ml, therefore if you have a 500mL water bottle you can easily weigh out 500 mg, just once, dissolve it into the water, and then continue to take the noopept day to day by simply pouring the water into a measuring spoon with the amount of your choice.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#13 kagalive1985

• 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

3x10mg dissolved in water daily.

Good luck!

#14 inw

• 45 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

What do you guys feel about taking Nooept during Benzo Withdrawal? Basically as a 'mood elevator' for the times where the artificial depression and anger sets in.

#15 dimensio

• 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

ha, yea I guess that would have been a good search to put in. Thanks for the info.

#16 kagalive1985

• 104 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

3x10mg dissolved in water daily.

Good luck!

I would try this suggestion along side Piracetam/Aniracetam and/or Pramiracetam.

Best of luck!

#17 noopept-user-123

• 25 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

i found no difference in methods of administration. sublingual just seems silly to me, just swallow your danged noopept, it does the same thing. I wouldn't worry about taking it with fats, I've taken it numerous times from a bottle of water i dissolved it in and had a strong effect every time even at 5mg, without food. It is also very convenient to dose from a water bottle, for example dissolve 1mg per every ml, therefore if you have a 500mL water bottle you can easily weigh out 500 mg, just once, dissolve it into the water, and then continue to take the noopept day to day by simply pouring the water into a measuring spoon with the amount of your choice.

That sounds terribly nasty. Noopept water is gross.

#18 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Noopept is fat soluble. The end. People taking it sublingually and raving about fast effects are experiencing 1) partial placebo 2) partial effects . Take it with your omega 3 source at the very least, but it's best to take it after a small meal in order to enable noopept's full potential.

Noopept is supposed to last longer, and it is kind of unique among the noots in that it gives both immediate effects, and then a little later, other effects. People reporting 'crashes' with noopept are usually taking it on an empty stomach and only noticing initial effects.

Edited by Duchykins, 14 February 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#19 nootMaster

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

I have read a lot of posts regarding negative effects of noopept on short term memory when taken in doses > 10 mg daily. According to other posts noopept should also be cycled.

I would have one question regarding long-term effects of noopept:
Do you think that noopept could be taken only two times weekly (10 mg dosage) and still experience positive long-term effects (BDNF and NGF related) or should it be cycled at least 5 days on/2 days off? Has anyone tried such regime and what was the outcome?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

I have read a lot of posts regarding negative effects of noopept on short term memory when taken in doses > 10 mg daily. According to other posts noopept should also be cycled.

I would have one question regarding long-term effects of noopept:
Do you think that noopept could be taken only two times weekly (10 mg dosage) and still experience positive long-term effects (BDNF and NGF related) or should it be cycled at least 5 days on/2 days off? Has anyone tried such regime and what was the outcome?

I'm doubtful that taking it 2 times a week would encourage things like that dopamine receptor density increase, but I'm basing that from my knowledge that phenibut should not be taken more than 2 times a week in order to avoid getting withdrawals, so I could be very wrong there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users