• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Enhancing Mental Function Through Acceleration of Neuron Firing (Post Synaptic Inhibition)

neuroscience longecity racetam nootropic brain memory brain-power enhancement supplement anti-anxiety

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kagalive1985

• 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

ENHANCEMENT OF MENTAL FUNCTION (NEURON FIRING ACCELERATION) BY POST-SYNAPTIC REUPTAKE INHIBITORS

The use of the SNRI (Selective Serotonin and Nor-epinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor) "Cymbalta" (Duloxetine) has been shown to enhance mental functioning and accelerate the growth of new brain cells.

In short, if you suffer from any form of anxiety and/or depression you should approach your Doctor regarding trialing this product.

I am on 120mg/day (2x60mg tabs) and over the last few months have found my brain-power to be increased. My IQ tests (by a Psychiatrist) results was increased from a baseline of 129 to a massive 167! (Genius Level).

My logical and spatial reasoning as well as verbal memory has been increased dramatically. My motivation is at an all time high and I feel almost compelled to learn to play a Musical Instrument and Speak a second, third and even fourth language!

It is worth noting I also take Piracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Lion's Mane Mushroom, Pramiracetam, Sulbutiamine, Pyrintiol and Phenylethylamine (PEA).

---------------------------------------------------------------

HYPOTHESIS:

The selective serotonin-norephinerine(nor-adrenaline) reuptake inhibiton exhibited by the SNRI medication Duloxtine (Cymbalta) enhances mental functioning via the increase of post-synaptic neuron activity.

The direct allosteric modulation of Neuron Functioning is dramatically enhanced through enzymatic pathways extensively metabolized by Monoamine-Oxidase.

The indirect antagonistic suppression of Hormonal release (Testosterone/Estrogen synthesis) is also enhanced via a direct metabolic pathway resulting from Enzymatic Catalystic reduction of Nitrous Groups. (-NH).

Reasoning:
  • Current Research:
  • Self-experienced anecdotal evidence of increased Intelligence Quotient (as measured by Psychometric/Psychiatrist ran tests) by over 30 points.
  • Clinical measurement of Post-Synaptic pathway transduction enhancement
  • Increase in Myelin Sheathing as observed in alzheimers-cure/prevention techniques
  • Enhanced biological neuro-peptide protein folding through the observation of an increased amount of Beta-Pleated Sheets. (Stage 2 of protein folding).
  • Further anecdotal experiences of enhanced memory and logical/spatial/verbal reasoning capabilities as further improved via the administration of Racetam derivative Nootropic supplements and the Non-racetam Noopept
  • The observed increase in Nerve Growth Factor (NFG) over a period of six (6) months from the administration of 500mg Lion's Mane Mushroom per day
  • The proposed low-toxicity of the chemically synthesized enhanced-power racetam Pramiracetam

--------------------------------------------------------------

I realize a lot of this is just conjecture and somewhat of a self-confessed diatribe.

My intended purpose in posting this material is to promote awareness as well as to chronicle my ever-improving subjective experiences as observed over time.

If you do not understand any part of this material feel free to PM me for clarification/IM chat.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to ponder this material.

Warm Wishes and Namaste,
Your Nootropic Guinea-Pig (friend in the freezer),
- Kagalive

#2 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Be very careful with Cymbalta. Thousands of people have had terrible side effects. I personally watched my mom and grandma suffer from side effects while on it, but it got much worse when they discontinued it. They went through months of suicidal thoughts, insomnia, irritability, lack of energy, and had "brain zaps" hundreds of times a day.

In short, if you suffer from any form of anxiety and/or depression you should approach your Doctor regarding trialing this product.

I very much disagree with this statement. Cymbalta causes massive changes in your brain, and it's long term implications are largely unknown.

If you think Cymbalta is right for you, put in the time and research to check it out yourself. Only after that should you approach the doctor.

Edited by zrbarnes, 01 November 2012 - 10:46 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

http://www.dailymail...genius-you.html
Probably because those brain zaps helped you to significantly enhance your cognitive abilities.
Serotonin seems to be the underlying mechanism to that cognitive enhancement besides of neuronal growth.

#4 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

http://www.dailymail...genius-you.html
Probably because those brain zaps helped you to significantly enhance your cognitive abilities.
Serotonin seems to be the underlying mechanism to that cognitive enhancement besides of neuronal growth.

I'm guessing that was a joke. The article you linked to is about externally applying electrical current to the brain, while "brain zaps" that are a part of SSRI/SNRI discontinuation syndrome are more akin to a "mini-seizure".

#5 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Brain zaps are also an increase in neuron firing and electrical current, that's what seizures are.
I don't know if this is a joke or not but it's not impossible.

#6 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:23 AM

lol this motfka said he increased his iq from 129 to 167

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 joesixpack

• 457 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:02 AM

I'm guessing that was a joke. The article you linked to is about externally applying electrical current to the brain, while "brain zaps" that are a part of SSRI/SNRI discontinuation syndrome are more akin to a "mini-seizure".

I experienced these when stopping a SSRI drug. They are more like body zaps not brain zaps. Very distracting but they go away in few days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neuroscience, longecity, racetam, nootropic, brain, memory, brain-power, enhancement, supplement, anti-anxiety

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users