- - - - -

Oxiracetam experiences/advice

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:57 AM

Hello everyone, I haven't been around here in awhile. I've been checking around and it seems that the price on Oxiracetam capsules have dropped, so I'm considering giving it a trial. I have plenty of experience with Aniracetam and Piracetam, but have yet to try out Oxiracetam. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect from it? Is it similar to a higher dose of Piracetam? How is Oxiracetam in the areas of verbal fluency and memory, working memory, and concentration? Do you find it slightly stimulating, calming, or neutral? Your comments are much appreciated,

Josh

#2 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:52 PM

i am also considering giving it a trial

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 asia

• 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:34 PM

I am just now taking Piracetum. What else would you recommend to waken the brain, retain info, and help combat depression. Could Oxiracetam work with Piracetum? How much doses do you take of nootropics a day? I am new.
Thanks(=

#4 jpars82

• Topic Starter
  • 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

LifeMirage, could you comment on Oxiracetam please? I've read all the information and studies on Pubmed for Oxiracetam. Could you give me some insight on how it differs from the other racetams in regards to it's effects? Do you find it good for reading/writing? Thank you,

Josh

#5 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:24 AM

Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect from it? Is it similar to a higher dose of Piracetam? How is Oxiracetam in the areas of verbal fluency and memory, working memory, and concentration? Do you find it slightly stimulating, calming, or neutral? Your comments are much appreciated,

Oxiracetam is one of the most potent nootropics I've taken, its effects are similar to Piracetam but at a far lower dose (Piracetam is taken from 800-9,600 mg, Oxiracetam 800-2,400 mg), more clarifying and yet still energetic to the mind. Articulation and concentration are noted improvement, but only helpful for memory enhancement.

LifeMirage, could you comment on Oxiracetam please? I've read all the information and studies on Pubmed for Oxiracetam. Could you give me some insight on how it differs from the other racetams in regards to it's effects? Do you find it good for reading/writing? Thank you,

Josh

Like Piracetam it is water soluble thus quicker acting than the fat soluble race tams (aniracetam, Pramiracetam), yet not as longer lasting. Defiantly one of the best compounds you can take for writing, as far as reading I find Pyritinol more effective, but Oxiracetam does have a positive impact.

#6 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

Today I took my first doses of Oxiracetam, along with my usual regimen of Piracetam.

It was love at first taste. Sweet delicious powder, which made me think about using it for a sweetener in my oatmeal.

Better than the sweetness was the nice onset, perhaps a bit quicker than its lowlier cousin, or just seemingly so due to its stronger effects. Its effects improved upon the second and third doses (spaced four and three hours apart respectively).

As it was taken with saturation doses of piracetam - which I've been taking for 13 months now - I noted that the effects were above what any Piracetam dose could accomplish.

The effect was almost identical to piracetam except stronger: but colour saturation was not further enhanced. Sound was amazingly enhanced, to the point that it invaded my mind and became large inside my mindspace, so large and saturated and vibrant that it was just too much. Too much but yet not disturbing. The piece itself was an instrumental, yet very emotional work.

In the spirit of Albert Hofman, who synthesized LSD and rode his bicycle home on the world's first LSD trip, I make a point of riding my 10speed thru rushour traffic while megadosed with this new experimental drug. Megadoses means full teaspoon for the oxi.

So just as its really taking hold I'm at this super-busy intersection full of lanes full of cars in the late heat of afternoon with sun crashing down upon the ground like a yellow clown. Waiting on a red, I'm looking around at all these cars - cars whizzing by on the green lane in front, and the hordes of idlers on my own side and the other side of the intersection.

Being aware of both the dosing and how to be on the lookout for the effects of psycho-effecting drugs, I took a momentary pause as of necessity due to the red light and proceeded to watch the scene - and was promptly almost yanked into it. Now, a crowded intersection full of rush-hour traffic in the heat and the light of a summer's day can become intense by itself, but this was something else altogether.

Watching this scene, I realized post-fact that my mind was tracking and watching every single car, person, bicycle and everything else as an enormous number of discrete objects. All of me was watching all of them. Like having a compound eye (fly's eye) but not a visual compound eye so much as an interpretive, aware compound eye. That is the most perfect way to describe it. Parallel to parallel. I have never experienced this in my life.

Each part of the scene in space and the sounds and movements through time, all the tiniest objects and small details were each connected and observed by however many threads of awareness that I could manage, which was finite but a hell of a lot more than my usual. Think of it as a 'widening of the visual field', except it is actually a 'widening of the mindfield'. A real minefield for sure - at least initially.

This immense perception wasn't frightening or even disorienting. Just its enormity and the vast amount of processing were a bit intense. That it would, like some divine yet alien clockwork, hook my mind in an instant and fill it like a million unauthorized blossoms, so many guests, and so many strands of attention to be both cut and connected to the items, and yet paradoxically held together to maintain the singular unity of conventional awareness. That is the tension that caused the agitation. Being pulled between the two with their differing requirements, and the massive demands of that state were momentarily overwhelming.

It was too much, it was just way too much, but yet it was not too much to bear, so I bore it and waited that small yet seemingly infinite time, until the light changed.

By now that familiar grin - the grin of a druggie who has found his match in the perfect batch - had plastered itself upon my face. Just before the intersection the easy precision of riding and been overtaken by a new joy of perception. Something about the neatness and ease of thinking and acting inspired a transient euphoria. That wonderful feeling of being on top of the world, in top shape, being Master of the Universe, the Yes Moment. It was subtle but so nice, so egotistically spiritual, so perfectly fucking clean. Clean, like oxi-clean. Zero sides. Bleach for the brain to make it all new again.

Perhaps the only troubling thought in my head from then until now was the exorbitant cost of this miracle molecule. For the silly excuse of adding an oxygen, they charge 22 times more? Humanity needs this material... it is now time to volumize and mass-produce it to enlighten the masses. Decrease the markup and move way more volume. This molecule's time has come, it is a total miracle.

It's going to be time for me to get a custom big-batch synth done. This material should be added to the water supply, should be used to sweeten kid's drinks! Yes, calorie-free (no metabolism, remember?), super-brain-enhancing, totally safe, doesn't feed tooth-decay! No blood-sugar or prodiabetic activity! Not carcinogenic like other synthetic sweeteners!

Someone, please suggest a reason why this cannot be totally substituted for sweetener in beverages? It is a great compliment to both the taste-bud and the dendrite-bud {or should I say postsynaptic cleft?}.

Something I've never felt before, but which is just barely noticeable with this racetam: my BMR (body temperature) rises as it takes on effect, and physical activity is easier. When lifting heavy objects, opening doors, etc. they seem lighter. Traces of the effect which is expressed so much more strongly in Phenylpiracetam. And of course accompanying this a great sense of motivation.

I just wish I could eat 50g per day of this nice powder. It would make a great sugar substitute in morning oats, coffee, tea, etc. In fact for sweetening... oops! Business oppportunity!

Yes, unlike piracetam not only does it taste sweet, but could be added to a juice and sold by the bottle. One teaspoon per soda-can or juice-bottle size.

Oh and I did some more research and found that like Piracetam, Oxiracetam is excreted entirely unmetabolized.

Back to the experience. It is so amazing, even late at night I am just totally wide awake. Now remember I take no stimulants (no caffeine or chemical stimulants). Typing is super-easy and quick.

The power of this material is significantly greater than piracetam. Oxiracetam is also more potent. When I say its power is greater, I mean that it produces stronger effects at saturation level than piracetam could ever hope for alone.

My idea is to take them both together, in the most affordable ratio. Probably one 500g Piracetam / 150g Oxiracetam mixed together per month.

Edited by Isochroma, 22 August 2009 - 09:21 AM.

#7 Boswell

• 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

An old thread, but thought I would add my experience for those considering giving this substance a go.

I am a sufferer of an undiagnosed, neurocognative problem that I believe was induced by the combination of various incombatible psychiatirc drugs over the period of a couple of months as well as a mild hypoxic episode.

I also have a history of depression, ahedonia and anxiety.

I had been fairy cynical about the application of racetams to improve my cognition. Limited evidence of efficacy for relatively healthy humans and those advocating their use taking several substances at once in stacks, muddying the waters.

In spite of my reservations, the safety profile of Oxi seemed pretty clear at least at periodic intervals, so I made an order.

My mood had been buoyed by a longmack I had drunk forty minutes ago, so I thought what the hell, lets see whether the enigmatic oxi would have any effect besides a mild placebo induced buzz?
Downed a cap of 800mg on a empty stomach, caused no upset, and i waited....

A mate called wanting to grab some dinner at a large Shopping Center (Mall), so I leapt in the car and drove.

I quickly noticed that everything seemed a bit sharper, which didn't make a lot of sense to me given that the objects in space had not altered what so ever.
I flipped the radio on and found myself enamored by music I would never consider, and nearly got into an accident as I found myself almost unable to prevent myself moving rhythmically to the beat, which can be something of a hazard while maneuvering on a busy road.

Reached my destination, and found that my innate anxiety in social situations had dissolved. I was not sedate (as most anxiolytic meds would have me), but stimulated, able to take in information from my surroundings quickly and efficiently, and thus not second guessing my safety or the motivations of others.
This is what I meant by everything seeming sharper or in High Fidelity, I was more aware of multiple objects or colors, my mind was hastily shifting raw visual information into thought-forms and able to hold the though-forms simultaneously.

The previous poster has explained this sensation in a more eloquent light but I'm sure you get my meaning.

I also had a new found assertiveness which made me feel a whole foot taller.

The dinner was cordial, and given that I hadn't seen the fellow for a long while I expected to find the experience somewhat awkward. This fortunately was not the case as conversation flowed pretty easily, and I had an amped up interest in the intricacies of our pretty inane lives.

He departed, I wished him well and I went to peruse the various shops.

Maintaining eye contact with the shop assistants was easy, and I felt no trepidation nor awkwardness in pauses. My emotional responses seemed blunted, and yet I maintained a constant machine like positivity.

I returned home after an hour of browsing, the effects were notably waning, mood was dropping yet still contented and the visual effects remained. Noticed a high pitch ringing in my left ear. I have a history of sensitivity to tinnitus, and the Oxi did seem to exacerbate it on the come down.

About 3-4 hours after ingestion the effects had pretty well entirely dissipated, and I felt mildly depleted, though this could be attributed to the coffee I had had earlier in the evening. The ringing persisted and led to trouble sleeping and has stayed with me through to the following day as well as associated hypersensitivity to noise, I hope it doesn't maintain at this level as the fear of it persisting is the only thing holding me back from taking this chemical on a regular basis.

I've had mixed results in regard to vasodilators (which i believe is one of the effects of the racetam family) in the past regarding my hearing. Asprin makes the ringing worse, Gingko turns it down a notch. Whether its a vasodilator effect, or a heightened nervous system response due to the brain charging effects of the drug is a mystery, but I'm leaning towards the former.

In conclusion ( aka TL;DR):

All in all, a fairly useful compound for anxiety, mild depression and attention issues, whether there are long lasting potentiation effects I am yet to know. Synergises fantastically with coffee. Allows the subject to experience the sensuous world with greater wholeness. Has mood effects similar to an MAOi during the honeymoon period, yet feels a lot cleaner and has no notable body load. Fast acting with a duration of about 3-4.5 hours.

Those who are sensitive to tinnitus should take caution before taking this drug even at the lower end of the recommended dose as it may exacerbate the symptoms even after the drug has worn off.

Edited by Boswell, 17 August 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#8 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

A note: IsoChroma (two posts above this one) is pretty well-known around these forums for mega-dosing piracetam and reporting manic episodes (which eventually became a bit ridiculous) for some time. While his general description of oxiracetam is fairly accurate, his post above is the only one which I've seen that seems to imply a pseudo-psychodelic or 'spiritual' effect.

That being said, I will agree with his general sentiment, and that of the subsequent poster - oxiracetam is the most impressive nootropic, and certainly the most impressive 'racetam, I've tried. Notably, I have not tried pramiracetam, which some have claimed is more powerful (and some have claimed is less powerful) than oxiracetam. After taking oxiracetam, my focus, creativity, motivation, and ambition are significantly enhanced, and I'm in a generally good mood. The effect is not subtle like that of piracetam, and it is not a case of single-minded focus on one thing at a time like that of aniracetam. Nor am I jittery or anxious, as one might be after taking a stimulant. It simply makes me highly aware, clear-headed, confident, and interested in everything. It's quite impressive.

#9 avelez

• 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I've been taking Oxiracetam for the past couple of months now. I use it mainly for the gym - I've noticed it pumps me with a lot of energy and focus. I pair it with Aniracetam when I really want to get into it.

In all honestly I only skimmed a few of the responses, but one person said it was sweet... That doesn't sound like the real stuff. It's definitely not sweet - and no where near like "sweetener". I suggest anyone who gets a "sweet" Oxiracetam to go back and see if they're not just getting some sugar mixed in with their supps....

#10 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

I've been taking Oxiracetam for the past couple of months now. I use it mainly for the gym - I've noticed it pumps me with a lot of energy and focus. I pair it with Aniracetam when I really want to get into it.

In all honestly I only skimmed a few of the responses, but one person said it was sweet... That doesn't sound like the real stuff. It's definitely not sweet - and no where near like "sweetener". I suggest anyone who gets a "sweet" Oxiracetam to go back and see if they're not just getting some sugar mixed in with their supps....

Are you sure?

I had Oxi from three different sources and it was always sweet.
Not as strong as sugar but definatly sweet.

#11 avelez

• 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Are you sure?

I had Oxi from three different sources and it was always sweet.
Not as strong as sugar but definatly sweet.

I stand corrected! I only take them in capsule form and definitely didn't taste any sweetness before. Plus, in my previous experience the other nootropics I've had plain were anything but sweet. Today, I opened one of my capsules and tried some of the pure powder and it does have a little sweetness to it.. still definitely not like sweetener, but slightly sweet in its own way. Thanks for the heads up!
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Mine is definitely sweet -- like slightly "off" sugar. Sugar with a "chemical" taste, or something like that.

I had all the effects mentioned above at first. Sharper vision, enhanced music, great mood lift, tinnitus (a kind of high-pitched hissing, which may just be increased blood-flow in the auditory area). The “honeymoon” lasted about 7 days, then I got this strange inflammatory reaction in my ears, like when you have an ear infection. Bass sounds started “booming”, and it became difficult to distinguish people talking in a loud room. After I stopped oxi, this went away in a couple of days. I’ve since tried oxi on several occasions, and while I unfortunately don’t get the “amazing” honeymoon effects any more (pleasant, but not “wow”), I do get the ear problem on administration of oxi for more than three days in a row. Perfectly reproducible every time. The only way to avoid it is to take miniscule doses of oxi, but even then, it easily builds up over time.

All very weird. I’ve seen some reports on this board of sinus-type problems with the –racetams, and I wonder if this is related. FWIW, aniracetam doesn’t have this specific effect on me, but it easily leaves me drained after continued administration for more than a few days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users