- - - - -

When to take Adrafinil

adrafinil

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ineeddrugs

• 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

hey guys, I have been lurking on these forums the past few weeks. Researching nootropics and their affects has been a bit of an addiction for me lol. Anyways, I got finals coming up and I did not have the money to get my ideal regimen, but right now Im taking pram, fish oil, choline, Theanine and Vinpocentine im saving for my study days. I also have adrafini. My question is should i take adrafinil during the day to study? Would that improve the quality of my study time along with the above regimen? Or should I take it at night to pull an all righter to improve the quantity of my study time? Thanks

#2 ineeddrugs

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

ok well since no one helped me out lol... i decided to take it at night to imrpove quanitity of my study. my stack was theanine, pram, fish oil, choline, and vinpocentine. During the day i didnt get much studying. Struggled over definitons and was overhwelmed at the amount of information my brain needed to encapsulate. Then took a nap around 11, woke up at 12, popped an andrafinil along with my stack, and boom!, got more studying done in 4 hours than i did 10 hours during the day. I will take this supplement during the day as it siginifcantly increase the qaulity of my studying.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 logos_ascending

• 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

I am currently on my 3rd day of adrafinil, stacked with choline bitartrate, DMAE, and reservatrol. I work a pretty stressful job (as a chef) and am exposed daily to high intensity situations. Adrafinil has helped tremendously with this. For the first day I didn't feel much of anything, but I think it was because I didn't know what to expect and I had combined it with a red line energy drink (I dont recommend this). The effects are subtle at first, but after a few days it starts to become very obvious how powerful this stuff is (Its now almost 8am and I had my last dose at 9pm last night; needless to say I wont repeat that mistake :P).
If only it were a little less expensive. I think next time i'll go with bulk powder and capsule it up myself.

#4 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I say try 600 mg first thing in the morning. For a while I was doing 600 mg on wake up and another 600 mg 3 - 4 hours later or so and it all worked fine.. However tolerance is an issue with modafinil, as is its negative effects on mood (aggressiveness, anxiety etc), which in my case only got worse with time. Keeping dosage at a minimum should help with this, atm I'm sticking to 600 mg once a day and trying to skip taking it one or two times a week.

Why are you taking DMAE? I don't think you'll benefit much from that substance.

#5 logos_ascending

• 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

I say try 600 mg first thing in the morning. For a while I was doing 600 mg on wake up and another 600 mg 3 - 4 hours later or so and it all worked fine.. However tolerance is an issue with modafinil, as is its negative effects on mood (aggressiveness, anxiety etc), which in my case only got worse with time. Keeping dosage at a minimum should help with this, atm I'm sticking to 600 mg once a day and trying to skip taking it one or two times a week.

Why are you taking DMAE? I don't think you'll benefit much from that substance.

I had previously been taking aniracetam and was using choline bitartrate and dmae to augment it. I do find that dmae has some effect on memory when taken over a long period of time. I may stop taking it as for some reason choline has a tendency to make me a bit sleepy.

#6 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Take it in the morning... not at night...

You are studying which means you need REM sleep to dump your memories to long term. Staying awake all day and then all night would be horrible for that.

You are better off waking up, taking it, studying all day, getting a proper rest at night.

Then took a nap around 11, woke up at 12, popped an andrafinil along with my stack, and boom!

If you go to sleep at about 2 am, wakeup at 8 am, do whatever until 12 noon, have a nap, and at 12:30 take adrafanili, then study until 2 am... I think that would work for you.
  • like x 1

#7 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Take it in the morning... not at night...

You are studying which means you need REM sleep to dump your memories to long term. Staying awake all day and then all night would be horrible for that.

You are better off waking up, taking it, studying all day, getting a proper rest at night.

Yep; seconded.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 06 August 2014 - 05:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#8 Ginkgoblowme

• 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Yes, take it in the morning. As a first time user, I took 2 x 600mg, 8 hrs apart and stayed awake for 30+ hrs. It was very stupid since I took it the day before my exam.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adrafinil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users