Photo

Amazon removing Racetams?!

piracetam aniracetam pramiracetam oxiracetam racetams amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

So I noticed today when I jumped online to order some Neuro Wave Aniracetam off of Amazon, that all of their listings had been removed pertaining to Racetams. I bounced around a bit more and saw that all of the other capsuled Racetams had been nixed as well.

Anyone have any clue what is going on here? Something going on behind the scenes that Amazon.com has a heads up on??

Luckily who I order from is a vendor which maintains a website, which was conveniently, cheaper priced compared to their Amazon.com listings. But my question really is, just what is going on here?!

Edited by Sanguine_Rogue, 13 December 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#2 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

interesting. i still see plenty of racetams on there, but most of the noopept listings have vanished. perhaps amazon has taken issue with the sale of them. consumer safety?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 moleface

• 159 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

I noticed this today when I went to order some more noopept with an Amazon gift certificate.

Something weird has been going on at Amazon over the last month or so. First I noticed that sceletium tortuosum was removed from their site a few weeks ago - and now, EVERY single brand of piracetam has disappeared along with most listings for noopept. At first I thought maybe there was some sort of shortage, but these products aren't listed as out of stock - the vendors just outright deleted their listings.

If there's some sort of pending crackdown on nootropics, the timing couldn't be any worse for me - I start college in less than a month.

#4 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I contacted Smart Drugs for Thought today, and it seems that it has to deal with Amazon having Racetams listed as a prohibited item, and that they don't allow it to be sold. Which is odd, considering they still have bulk powders for sell on Amazon.

They said their listings were removed by Amazon, and that if they were to relist them they could end up losing their selling account.

:/ oh well, I'm getting a better price going directly through their website than I was compared to ordering through Amazon

#5 moleface

• 159 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

It must have something to do with the negative attention piracetam got from the FDA.

I think Amazon's cracking down on what they perceive to be "unsafe" supplements or legal highs lately. It sucks that the natural SSRI sceletium tortuosum got lumped in with that scene, since I haven't found it to be recreational at all.

Hopefully amazon's attitude toward these supplements isn't indicative of some kind of upcoming legislation. I've gotten used to the mental enhancement I get from piracetam - colors look more vivid, music sounds more lush, etc. I'd really miss these effects if they were gone. And I'd hate to be forced to go back on a prescription SSRI again - sceletium works just as well for me as prescription antidepressants, only without rapidly gaining 60 pounds and feeling like a zombie.

Edited by moleface, 14 December 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#6 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Really good idea

piracetam should prescript only .
  • dislike x 5

#7 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Nootropix, you are always on a downer about Piracetam. What is your problem with it?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#8 Sanguine_Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

Yea I have to agree!

Why should Piracetam be by prescription only? So that you can pay outlandish fees to doctors, and pay more for something that actually works so that big pharma can make more money?

Wasn't the negative attention that Piracetam got from the FDA years ago??? I mean honestly, I have yet to experience anything negative from Piracetam, and I went off the wall crazy and did a 18g dosage without losing my mind or having any bad effects (sure the clouds looked super cool, and I was having a fun time driving around listening to music while I picked up cable boxes but nothing bad happened...not even a headache)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, racetams, amazon.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users