Photo
- - - - -

Amazon is taking nootropics off its site and I have a question

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 nootropics_newb23

• 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I can't find anymore piracetam. Is FDA cracking down on it or could it be something else? I just started piracetam and I love it.

#2 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hmm...it would certainly seem that way. Almost every page I search for containing any of the racetams now returns an Amazon 404, except for those that state "Product Unavailable" or "Out of stock".

Still, there are plenty of sources aside from Amazon.com.

I would recommend Cognitive Nutrition or Relentless Improvement.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 nootropics_newb23

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about the racetam family being taken off the market.

#4 RoyEMunson

• 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Wow, I JUST ordered my first racetams including Piracetam and Aniracetam last week... just got them. Bummer because Im a bit addicted to Amazon, but whatevs... If this stuff works I dont have a problem ordering from another trusted site.

Edited by RoyEMunson, 14 December 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#5 nootropics_newb23

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

I ordered my pircatam from them 2 weeks back and I am loving it so far. I have looked too but they charge a lot of money for shipping and handling.

#6 Sun Nootropic

• 102 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

i know that Paypal doesn`t like modafinil at all but one can still get it from other excellent resoures

it`s OK that Amazon shut it down or something, you have other better choices ,maybe.
people in longecity help, such as LBGSHI,and i will do a favor if you like.

http://www.sunnootro...-7491-74-9.html

:-D

#7 Phrack

• 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

That's where I got piracetam too. Any more cheap sources?

#8 NZT48_User

• 71 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

I got my Pramiracetam from:
http://healthsupplem...holesalers.com/

I'm happy with my pram.
And their website looks pretty legit. lol

#9 NZT48_User

• 71 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Piracetam isn't being taken off of amazon. The companies that sell through amazon are out of stock and whatnot. Piracetam is lame anyway.
  • dislike x 2

#10 Sun Nootropic

• 102 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Sun nootropic or Amazon? a little confused

#11 lincolnlourens

• 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I use newstarnootrpics.com. Found 'em on reddit, ordered one of their combo packs, good results.

#12 Phrack

• 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Sun nootropic or Amazon? a little confused

Amazon... I haven't checked out Sun nootropic yet...

#13 samiamm

• 71 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

cerebral health and their sister site bioscienceneutracueticals are legit

#14 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Wrong mate NZT, they are removing Piracetam. I contacted Amazon today about this to see if it had anything to do with a legality issue, it has to deal with Amazon restricting Piracetam. I am guessing, that the rest of the Racetams that disappeared have to due with this as well, seems like Amazon doesn't want anything that isn't found in local vitamin shops to be dispersed through them.

I got a message a few minutes ago from the vendor whom I had been ordering from through Amazon about this whole ordeal, and they said that it isn't anything to do with some sort of new legal crack down and they still had their products available on their website and eBay as well.

A lot of people vanished off of Amazon; Cerebral Health, JL, Smart Drugs for Thought, and a bunch of other capsuled varieties that I can't remember. Seems like all that is left up is stuff that is either being fulfilled by Amazon or products given gimmicky names (Nooracetam was on Amazon for a bit after a bunch disappeared, but they seem to have been axed too).

:( looks like it's on to the vendors direct site or eBay. Which....honestly I'm looking forward to now, whom I order from has cheaper prices on their direct/eBay store versus their Amazon. Not sure why though :/

#15 NZT48_User

• 71 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Well, if they were to remove piracetam, it would be logical to remove all the other racetams too.

#16 WhatIsYourReality

• 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

What happened to the Neuro Wave Aniracetam listing on Amazon??? I just ordered some 3 weeks ago and was looking for more last night, but now it is no where to be found. This Aniracetam is high quality and low priced...is there any other capsuled aniracetam similar to this one?

#17 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

I believe their products are still available on their webpage, however they are just one of the many vendors that Amazon PK'ed this week. You might need to just google Capsuled aniracetam to find out any other viable source. :/

#18 WhatIsYourReality

• 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

What do you mean by "PK'ed"?
Oh thanks, I found the website where neuro wave aniracetam is listed and sold. I also found them on ebay as well. It's a shame Amazon is going down this route.
Also, noopept is not anywhere to be found on amazon. Most listings of noots seem to have been removed. I know racetams are not prohibited supplements or illegal.
CDP choline and sulbutiamine are still available on amazon by the way.

Sanguine, do you use noopept?

#19 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I've tried Noopept in the past, but I'm under the impression that it was a bit too strong for me as it only made me drowsy.

"PK'ed" product killed

Ya it seems like they pretty much targeted Racetams, and a few other Nootropics :/

#20 Justin Garrett Hill

• 16 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

As far as I know the FDA is cracking down just on Piracetam to make room for a pharmaceutical company to monopolize on it as a "drug". The rest of the noots are still available from what I see.
  • dislike x 1

#21 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

I can't seem to find any of the Racetams listed anymore on Amazon.

FDA is cracking down on Piracetam, again, can I have some cites or references plox?

#22 Nickthedevil

• 56 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

amazon like many other companies is effected by various market influences, without pretending I know why they took 'racems out of their market place, let me offer the following, the truth may not be attractive to them, or they may not really know.

what I mean by this is that some managing director somewhere may have decided to cull anything that wasn't attracting a certain rate of sale in order to free up some servcer capacity and increase revenue elsewhere.

Or they may have killed it because a company (some other company) offered them money to limit the availabilitty of a thing in order to drive up the price.

Representatives of Amazon.com are about as likely to genuinely represent the motivations of the company as they are to be properly informed.

#23 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Ach, it's a mixed bag. Bad for the vendors that sold on amazon, and a blow for convenience. It was a terribly awful move to just cut them off -- that is extremely unprofessional of them, and an insult to vendors that were providing good service to their customers AND bringing in good commissions for Amazon. But at the same time, I often feel guilty about ordering everything under the sun on amazon. Kind of like always shopping at walmart for everything. Probably bad for the economy.

Is there a chance that they want to start selling racetams themselves, so decided to cut the existing vendors off?

#24 Nickthedevil

• 56 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

They may well be branching out into the pharms market, after all it's one of the biggest, if I had a responsibility to share holders; thats where I'd be aiming my companies in any market. It is a terrible shame that they are doing it, but alternatives are all over the place there are entire threads dedicated to vendors. Go trawling in the forum you'll find more than a few sources.

#25 kilgoretrout

• 245 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:22 AM

I just went to make my regular monthly purchase of Sulbutiamine and was shocked to find NO forms or vendors of it.  Chat help told me "They were removed because some were defective and some were recalled."  Now I see here that they removed ALL Nootropics, apparently, so I believe that explanation was a LIE.  I asked of they had a list of the brands they knew were defective and recalled and they refused and could not provide a contact for that department.  So I smell fishiness.

What sucks is that I was counting on getting it there for next day free shipping with my Prime membership, but now I'll have to wait several days.

ANYONE HAVE INFO ON SUBLUTIAMINE THAT HAS BEEN RECALLED OR FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE?

Thanks.

Edited by kilgoretrout, 28 February 2020 - 03:23 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#26 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:09 PM

They were buying bunk products from dozens of vendors, but afaik they are still stocking those products.  Shame.

as for the sulbutiamine, seems to be a one-off war.  I'm guessing someone in power drew similarities between it and phenibut, and decided to give it the cane.

Who knows what goes on, i didn't find anything in the news or reddit.  Reminds me of this incident years ago,

https://nootriment.c...racetam-amazon/

I bet if we reach out to NootropicsDepot they could offer us some closure, they must have been asked to de-list it from Amazone recently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users