- - - - -

Copper Peptides vs. Other Peptides: Skin Damage

peptides copper damage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

I keep hearing that copper peptides can cause more damage than good if over-used or used for too long of a time. Does this go the same for other types of peptides, such as Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, or Palmitoyl oligopeptide? How often should one use peptides to prevent one from "over-doing" it?

#2 catrinac

• 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have copper peptide damage from chronic overuse. I've used CP Serum for 2 1/2 years and Super CP for about a year, and have tended to use too much of both products and without the necessary breaks. As a result, I have enlarged pores and some scars that have surfaced. Also, possibly pigmentation changes.
Unlike many who say CPs wrecked their eyes, that is the one area that improved.

I personally woudln't use a lot of other peptides except copper and matrixyl; I agree with Dr. Pickart that other peptides possibly damage skin.

Definitely don't use CPs unless you have a lot of patience, and probably don't use the 2nd generation products since they have never been studied. Try the 1st generation ghk-cu and take at least one day (or more) a week off.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 JBForrester

• Topic Starter
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I have copper peptide damage from chronic overuse. I've used CP Serum for 2 1/2 years and Super CP for about a year, and have tended to use too much of both products and without the necessary breaks. As a result, I have enlarged pores and some scars that have surfaced. Also, possibly pigmentation changes.

I personally woudln't use a lot of other peptides except copper and matrixyl; I agree with Dr. Pickart that other peptides possibly damage skin.

Definitely don't use CPs unless you have a lot of patience, and probably don't use the 2nd generation products since they have never been studied. Try the 1st generation ghk-cu and take at least one day (or more) a week off.

Wow, really interesting. Thank you for your input. I've heard a lot of iffy things about Dr. PIckart however, and his site seems a bit dodgy. But I will take his advice of not using other peptides anyway. I had been using a serum with Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 and Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, which worked wonders the first 2 days, but after a week of use, my skin seemed to be riddled with fine lines... So I stopped, and it's been getting better, though the fine lines are still there.

What necessary breaks are you referring to? What is the typical regimen of peptides? I know with Retin-A that beginners should only use it about once per week and slowly build up to 3 x per week to every other day. Same with peptides?

#4 catrinac

• 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Wow, really interesting. Thank you for your input. I've heard a lot of iffy things about Dr. PIckart however, and his site seems a bit dodgy. But I will take his advice of not using other peptides anyway. I had been using a serum with Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 and Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, which worked wonders the first 2 days, but after a week of use, my skin seemed to be riddled with fine lines... So I stopped, and it's been getting better, though the fine lines are still there.

What necessary breaks are you referring to? What is the typical regimen of peptides? I know with Retin-A that beginners should only use it about once per week and slowly build up to 3 x per week to every other day. Same with peptides?

I started with the 2nd generation CP Serum, but would not recommend that you do that. The 1st generation products are generally safer and less irritating. With either product, you should take one day off a week or at least one day per month, otherwise you set yourself up for "uglies", eg, too much removal of damaged skin without giving the skin a chance to rebuild. This is what I have, and it really sucks.
  • like x 1

#5 JBForrester

• Topic Starter
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:01 AM

I started with the 2nd generation CP Serum, but would not recommend that you do that. The 1st generation products are generally safer and less irritating. With either product, you should take one day off a week or at least one day per month, otherwise you set yourself up for "uglies", eg, too much removal of damaged skin without giving the skin a chance to rebuild. This is what I have, and it really sucks.

I just found my old post again - and glad I did! I seemed to forget your advice, catrinac, on not using other peptides and ended up using some that caused a bit of damage again. Thus, I googled the ingredients on this site and this post came up. Hah!

I'm considering using the copper peptides - 1st generation. I have a question though - if I stop using it because I decide it's just not for me, or I don't see any results, will my skin go back to normal or get worse? Or wil the results stay? I'm thinking of using it short-term, just so I don't enter any danger zone that I can never reverse.

Also, catrinac - you mentioned that you have copper peptide damage from over-use - what happened to your skin in this case and has it ever gone back to normal or have you found a way of reversing the damage? And lastly, Dr. Pickart says that hyaluronic acid actually damages the skin over time because it continually "swells" the skin, causing what it sounds like as the same damage that a yo-yo diet does to the skin. Any thoughts on this?

Edited by JBForrester, 20 May 2015 - 03:04 AM.

#6 MikeGreo

• 33 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:00 PM

This was a really good thread and the last question, seems like it never got attention, which I would love to know.

What can we do to ensure we don't cause ourselves any harm when using GHK-Cu? Also would be good to know if the person mentioned ever did reverse the damage? Or to generally know does GHK-Cu cause skin damage and if so is it reversible?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: peptides, copper, damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users