split

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Where is the formula?
I work with the premium anti-aging supplement company in the world. Perhaps they would consider making the formula.
A 6-a day formula can easily contain the RDA of nutrients if it's designed correctly.
That's easy as pie.

Edited by mikey, 20 December 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the offer Mikey. We are currently looking for a way to get Vimmortal 2.0 to market. Here is the thread where everyone voted and discussed the rationale for the supplement (and here is the past voting/discussion of Vimmortal 1.0). What the community here would like, generally speaking, is a low dose multi (essential vitamins and minerals) along with therapeutic doses of D3 and Lithium. So far it is only a niche product with low volumes. If it is something you would want to pursue, please let us know and we can start talking numbers with the Board.

#3 mikey

• Topic Starter
  • 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for the offer Mikey. We are currently looking for a way to get Vimmortal 2.0 to market. Here is the thread where everyone voted and discussed the rationale for the supplement (and here is the past voting/discussion of Vimmortal 1.0). What the community here would like, generally speaking, is a low dose multi (essential vitamins and minerals) along with therapeutic doses of D3 and Lithium. So far it is only a niche product with low volumes. If it is something you would want to pursue, please let us know and we can start talking numbers with the Board.

Hello Mind,

Looking at nutrients for anti-aging purposes is something I do professionally and have for many years.

Looking at the doses in the formula, in general - they are highly inadequate for optimum anti-aging effects.

I couldn't support - or take - the formula, at the doses chosen and I'm sure I couldn't sell the idea to the vitamin company I work with, as they focus on higher potencies that have proven anti-aging effects, based on medical journal studies.

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

The formulation was done with the Hippocratic principle in mine, "first, do no harm." Our resident gurus have made the point repeatedly, that unless one's diet is grossly inadequate, one does not need even the RDA for most vitamins in a supplement; rather we are assuming a fairly decent diet and most things in the supplement are to "top off your tank", and bring an average healthy-but-not-quite-adequate diet up to known healthy levels.

Part of the problem with such a formula, arrived at by group consensus, is that one size does not fit all. For instance the original Vimmortal formula contained choline, but some of our members have a sensitivity to choline (too stimulating) and it was removed. I would want to keep choline,I used the Cron-o-meter program and determined I need to supplement choline at about 200 mg most days if I don't eat eggs, for instance.. But it is easily added. Other examples: we include folate in the form of 5-MTHFR rather than folic acid; half the population cannot utilize folic acid and need the active form of the vitamin (increases cost) but around 10% of people require a higher dose of even 5-mthfr than is present in the formula. The amount and type of K-2 is another questionable item, as I do not think we really know at this point what is an optimum dose. Then too, supplementing with one substance might increase or decrease the need for another. They are often interlinked.

Perhaps the only way to do this right is a sort of Chinese menue approach, so much from column A, so much from column B....

I have a vision of selling a reduced price 23andme (or other genetic test) with membership, and combined with a Promethease program to analyze relevant SNPs for vitamin requirements, then an option to subscribe for monthly shipments of the appropriate combo pack of supplements. But we aren't there yet, if ever.

In the meantime, you might want to go over the threads Mind linked to above, and even comment (in a new topic, I think best) on some of the reasoning. Or you coulld post your idea of an ideal life-extension formula, and we can comment on it. We all might learn from this, and skip ahead to Vimmortal 3.

#5 kakker

• 38 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I don't have any suggestions, but I hope that something can still be worked out with another manufacturer. That would be great, especially given all of the hard work that some people here put into the project.

#6 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

I miss the lithium (in Vimmortal) :sad: and I don't want order it separately.

#7 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Unfortunately I joined longecity after Vimmortal was no longer available, but I would very much like access to such a well balanced, carefully formulated vitamin and hope that a manufacturer takes up the cause.

I am curious, at what price was Vimmortal sold to members?

#8 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

It was about $25 per bottle.

#9 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

thanks, that is great. how many servings? :happy:

#10 Mind

• 18,997 posts