• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Did Noopept improve your overall cognition?

noopept cognition

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Did Noopept improve your overall cognition? (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Did Noopept improve your overall cognition?

1. Yes (149 votes [62.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.61%

2. No (89 votes [37.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

It did or it didn't. Simple as that. Elaborate if you please.

Edited by prunk, 05 March 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#2 Verne

• 102 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

It most definitely did. I've been really pleased with the efficacy of noopept. It's really helped improve my performance at work, my mental arithmetic has improved tremendously - something I struggled with prior to starting Noopept. My focus and retention are also improved while on it. Will these effects remain when I discontinue noopept? I doubt it, and that's while I'll continue taking it. I only wish I'd purchased more, but I was skeptical at first and didn't want to fork out a lot of money on a product I wasn't even sure would work.

I've been taking noopept for exactly eight days now. Usually about 25mg a day, though on the second day I took 75mg for experimental reasons.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 SpawnMoreOverlords

• 58 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

By itself, hard to say, but it did give me pronounced anxiolytic effect with emotionless(in a good way) feeling. Combined with piracetam though(piracetam alone does nothing), there's a definite yes.
  • Good Point x 1

#4 kylehere

• 23 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

I haven't particularly noticed any direct pronounced cognitive enhancement however, the anxiolytic/spaciness does somewhat aid my learning capabilities. (Don't take too much though, I once was in the shower for at least an hour completely aloof and contemplating)

#5 Adam90

• 71 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Grasping difficult concepts/theories is definitely easier on Noopept. Its cognitive affects are mostly noticeable when you study and not so much in leisure/social activities.

Edited by Adam90, 10 March 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#6 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

I've tried both Noopept and Piracetam. They both improve my overall cognitive functions, but Piracetam seems to last longer in my opinion. Sometimes between days, I just switch it up. Going from Piracetam to Noopept. Usually when I use Noopept, I use it for the anti-anxiety effect. During one of my college classes, communication 101, we have to do a speak in front of the class and Noopept helps me stay focused, anti-anxiety effect, and I remember everything i'm supposed to say.

Overall, Piracetam and Noopept helped improve my overall cognitive function.

#7 Azzidic

• 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

I have been taking Noopept for so long, about 6 weeks, that my perceived function feels as if it is at baseline. I recently began taking Piracetam, and after a few days, I feel great! My focus and overall sense of well being feels improved as well.

Ideas have also been coming to my head easier when I am in class. My mental motivation is definitely up, but my physical motivation has stayed relatively the same.
  • Agree x 1

#8 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

When I first took Noopept it normalized my sleep pattern (I have chronic delayed sleep disorder), made me energetic, gave me awesome focus, and I had this drive to do anything - especially things I didn't want to do but could get me places. i wasn't even hypomanic, I was just frustrated at everything, its like I suddenly "woke up" after all these years and "had to" get my life together.

That lasted 3 days, and i've never been able to replicate that feeling.

Since then it has been replaced with a slightly above the line energy feeling, and a constant background of taking notice of new things at the same time, forgetting familiar things like stuff i've just done. It feels like its doing something to my brain - what I don't know, but i'm certainly not "enhanced intellectually". My learning abilities has not increased, Noopept certainly does not help with social anxiety, it makes it worst for me.

If anyone has figured out how to make it work better, i'd certainly welcome to hear their opinion.

So far combinations i've tried

With Aniracetam - Nothing, never got anything from Aniracetam
With Alpha GPC - Eliminates the irritability, but also seems to eliminate any positive effect seen from Noopept

With Cocoa - Cocoa is kind of like nice caffeine, only its a thermogenic which is really bad for my skin, there wasn't any particular synergistic effect here.
With Lions Mane - Nothing special noted, Lions Mane worked well the first few weeks on its own then like many things it pooped out.

With Alcar - Seems to work whenever you feel burnt out on Noopept, recommended Noopept or not.

Combinations to try:

With low dose Piracetam
With CDP Choline
  • like x 4
  • Good Point x 1

#9 Azzidic

• 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

When I first took Noopept it normalized my sleep pattern (I have chronic delayed sleep disorder), made me energetic, gave me awesome focus, and I had this drive to do anything - especially things I didn't want to do but could get me places. i wasn't even hypomanic, I was just frustrated at everything, its like I suddenly "woke up" after all these years and "had to" get my life together.

That lasted 3 days, and i've never been able to replicate that feeling.

Since then it has been replaced with a slightly above the line energy feeling, and a constant background of taking notice of new things at the same time, forgetting familiar things like stuff i've just done. It feels like its doing something to my brain - what I don't know, but i'm certainly not "enhanced intellectually". My learning abilities has not increased, Noopept certainly does not help with social anxiety, it makes it worst for me.

If anyone has figured out how to make it work better, i'd certainly welcome to hear their opinion.

So far combinations i've tried

With Aniracetam - Nothing, never got anything from Aniracetam
With Alpha GPC - Eliminates the irritability, but also seems to eliminate any positive effect seen from Noopept

With Cocoa - Cocoa is kind of like nice caffeine, only its a thermogenic which is really bad for my skin, there wasn't any particular synergistic effect here.
With Lions Mane - Nothing special noted, Lions Mane worked well the first few weeks on its own then like many things it pooped out.

With Alcar - Seems to work whenever you feel burnt out on Noopept, recommended Noopept or not.

Combinations to try:

With low dose Piracetam
With CDP Choline

Took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#10 Rethar

• 33 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Noopept made my long-term memory way better, the effect took about 2 weeks for me to start noticing it after starting the noopept at ~15mg per day. When I increased the dose to 30mg twice a day I started to get the mood enhancing effects as well. Like at different times in the day I'll randomly feel "happy", it's pretty nice and I didn't get that feeling with the lower dose.

Though I also got a slight effect of forgetting things I had just done, I see that mentioned a lot, like if I put something down somewhere then like 10 seconds later I'll be like wait a second what did I just do with that thing... Though this has decreased the longer I've been using noopept and it doesn't really cause problems with me much anymore. I can notice it though.

Also I have to take it with choline bitartrate or I get bad irritability and drowsiness. I use around 300mg choline bitartrate with each 30mg of noopept, or 150mg choline bitartrate for 15mg noopept. Without the choline I feel tired maybe like a halfhour after taking the noopept, and then, especially with the 30mg twice a day, I get angry/irritated like an hour afterwards and that lasts for a few hours. I've been doing 5days on/2 days off for avoiding tolerance and it seems to be working good.
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#11 NootropicDiscovery

• 31 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Does anyone lost the "rush" people get from beginning with Noopept. What does it mean the rush goes away ?
  • Good Point x 1

#12 Vitalis

• 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Does anyone lost the "rush" people get from beginning with Noopept. What does it mean the rush goes away ?

It may have been placebo effect. I havn't felt much of any improvement from noopept, I have noticed a loss of motivation to do anything other than read throughout my time using it... which if it can be attributed to the noopept feels like more of a negative effect.
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#13 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

Most likely the placebo effect is out of play now.
  • like x 2

#14 digik

• 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

I've been using Noopept at 20-24mg 2x daily in combination with my supplements and 500-750mg Citicoline for about a month with great results-- particularly with improvements in analytical reasoning, perception, conversation fluidity, and memory.

I was was wondering if anyone could elucidate on the 'Noopept burnout' mentioned, though, as the only negative side effect I've noticed is increased feelings of annoyance with illogical behavior by others.

Edited by digik, 29 March 2013 - 06:35 AM.

• like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#15 karoshi

• 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

I don't know whether noopept improved my cognitive function. I recently started my dose from low to high.

Personally, high dose of nopept(over 100mg) causes psychedelic-like visual effects but subtle.
Is it related to serotonin?

I also feel tolerance was formed these days.
How much is the optimal dosage?

#16 andrea23

• 82 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

yes but only the first 10 days... then i had only side effects like irritability and a sort of rage
  • like x 1

#17 dogshitwebsite

• 57 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Great cognitive effects, too bad my current(sky high) bloodpressure won't allow me to continue using it at the moment.. :(

#18 DorianGray

• 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Noopept, at different dosages never improved my cognition. The only improvement I could feel was the effect on the verbal fluency and talking speed. The words simply left my mouth without having to think too much about it. Reading texts and trying to understand them was more difficult on Noopept, I had to read it again and again in order to grasp the meanining and the information. I simply could not focus my mind on the information, although I was reading it, it was not comprehensible to me. Further it was more difficult recalling the stuff I read seconds or minutes ago and combine this knowledge with the current informations which I got by reading a text. So for me noopept is definitely worthless.

#19 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

For me it really helps with any sort of benzodiazepine withdrawal/tapering sideeffects or if I take my benzo dose late by accident. I'm not sure if it really improves my cognition when not in those 2 situations.
It does seem to have very decent tension relieving properties and I am much more talkative on it(possibly too much, but nothing I can't control lol). It also makes my mind literally feel upbeat and happy which in turn increases my motivation and persistence, it is a bit obvious like amphetamine... It also enhances vision and hearing, somewhat like aniracetam, but different and a bit less obvious.

Only negatives would be(at the high doses I'm used to taking it at for protecting against the benzo sideeffects/excitotoxicity(50-100mg 3-6times/day)):
slightly spaced out feeling
little issues with other people's behavior become magnified(not a problem once you realize it is from the noopept)

When I first tried it out years ago, multiple times, I ruled it out consistently as not doing much and just giving me this "weird feeling." I think it is much more useful in cases where you are under a lot of stress, from life or from something like alcohol/benzo withdrawal. All in all it is very good at what it does, which for me isn't so much enhancement of cognition, but protection against deteriorated cognition+well being due to stress.

#20 KoolK3n

• 253 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Judging by the poll, Noopept has a success rate of around 60%. That's not horrible but not great. Seriously though, after reading the posts on this thread, someone needs to find out why racetams are correlated with increased irritability. This distinct adverse effect has been the most consistent across the web for negative responders.
  • Good Point x 1

#21 prunk

• Topic Starter
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

1st day 4mg - a bit weird feeling, mild anxiety and a strange headache. 2nd day 7mg - very uneasy and uncomfortable feeling and a nasty headache. Don't like this stuff at all. Compare to all the other noots and meds I've tried before, Noopept is by far the crappiest one of them all. Very disappointed.

I'm a bit wondering about the purity though. Bought mine from SP.

Edited by prunk, 01 July 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#22 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I just tried 30mg as my first dose today, and I can say it definitely seemed to. Reminded me a bit of Oxiracetam, but much less speedy.

Edit: I didn't notice any change in BP, but I also took an extended release propranolol today because I did 800mg of caffeine in the morning and got a bit too jittery/hypertensive.

Edited by 3AlarmLampscooter, 01 July 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#23 silverbear

• 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I did get some cognotive improvement, but the negative effects on short term memory / tasking that I encountered are no good as a sales professional. I also found it inconsistent in effects but that might have been me or the supplier as I bot in capsule form. Also no mood lift or motivation, in fact a bit demotivational for me, again not good for my profession. Will be trying the racetams next, that may be more of what I'm looking for.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#24 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

I have been taking it for 2 weeks now, but after reading so many people's experiences with it, I am going to continue patiently observing its effects before sharing my own so that I may give a more comprehensive opinion. I will say that the effects have changed over time for me.

I am also glad I listened to the advice of other poster's who recommended taking it slow. I have been taking 20 mg per day although I did experiment with 30 mg a couple of times by taking one 10mg tablet before bedtime. For the most part I've stayed on the lower end of the dosing spectrum and don't have to worry about errors in measuring out powder potentially causing me to dose higher than I intend to. That is the benefit of procuring it in tablet form. Although I do have the powder, I didn't like the prospect of believing I was taking 20 mg per day when actually my measurements were off and I was taking 37 mg. Having this precision comes at a premium, however. It means paying higher prices for the tablets (substantially lower value) and waiting for them to ship from Russia.

#25 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

Any update semi?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

#26 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

Hey health_nutty -

Sure, I feel I can give an update at this point. I have been taking Noopept in the Russian tablet form (which I have been ordering off of ebay) for 5 weeks today. I have tended to stay around 20-30mg OD with a dosing schedule of 10mg upon waking, 10mg after lunch and 10mg before bed. Sometimes, I would modify that a bit by taking 10mg upon waking and 20mg after lunch and skip the evening dose or occasionally I would just take 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the afternoon.

In the first couple of weeks, I noticed the short-term memory hit everybody talks about. This has become less obvious over time but still has not completely abated (yet). I have observed a slight and gradual increase in focus but no marked change in short, working, or long-term memory. For me, Noopept does not seem to be highly activating but it will cut through my early morning daze quite effectively. I come from a history of Vyvanse and Adderall use so my tolerance for stimulating substances is pretty high, but that's ok, because I didn't want a Vyvanse-like effect from Noopept. It's effect on motivation is negligible in me but I do think it helps a bit with energy throughout the day.

Noopept produces a slight anxiolytic response in me. I have noticed that it puts me on a more even keel and allows me to be more circumspect in my behavior and discourse. I was not impulsive, anxious, or unpredictable to begin with but I have noticed Noopept will give me a sense of calm and restraint, especially in situations that require it, which is even more pronounced than I felt before.

I can tell my cognitive processes are being affected but it is challenging to articulate exactly how. Some days I feel sharper as a result of my Noopept use and other days I feel like I'm hovering around baseline. I am not convinced that taking higher doses is more efficacious than a maintenance dose of 20-30mg spread out over a day. I could even see myself dropping down to 10-20mg per day in the near future.

Overall I would classify my experience with Noopept so far as guardedly positive and think it will only continue to improve over time. Also, there aren't really any confounding factors in my regimen. For the first 4 weeks I only took Noopept and a teaspoon of fish oil, and just last week I added LEF's Super-Bio Curcumin so fortunately I don't have to decipher the effects of an entire stack of substances to identify the effects Noopept produces. As I begin nearing the end of my supply I will definitely order more with the intent of taking a 2-3 week break from it and then resuming.

I have tried a lot of nootropics and prescriptions in the last 5 years and although Noopept isn't a silver bullet, I think it is a worthy cornerstone in my small and simple lineup.

-SRI

Edited by semi-retarded-individual, 10 August 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#27 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

I had to answer "NO" to the poll, simply because it didnt work overall on my cognition it had a few pros and a few cons.

My problem was that its neither a stimulant nor a nootropic for me.
It feels sort of dopaminergic giving me more confidence and maybe a little more anxiety and as a nootrpic it works very visually improving my detail vision.

Sounds really great so far but my short term memory became worse like in I forgot what I did 5 min ago, its kind of scary when you start noticing that and its doing the opposite of what its supposed to do.
I dont agree with people saying that it makes your memory worse and then better over time, that sounds nonsensical to me.

I also learned a little spanish with duolingo at the time I took noopept and that is mostly still there, its really peculiar how these types of memory work.

I rather take the "older versions" of the racetams which seem to work more on my brain overall than on specific parts because they seem to have less effects on my psyche.
They feel more like "lets pump a little more blood in your brain"

I think noopept is not just a version of piracetam that works 1000x stronger but it also does very different things.
It would be cool if that was the case...

Edited by machete234, 16 August 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#28 NZT-49

• 28 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yes, but the improvement is milder than I'd like. But no short term memory improvement for me per Cambridge tests, just more attentiveness and energy to try and remember things.

#29 merritt

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yes it did, i tested it here http://nextgen-human...oopept-test/135 .

Edited by merritt, 07 November 2013 - 09:02 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

Merritt: Nice to see somebody who actually took the time to do testing; it beats all the subjective reports of 'I feel smarter' and 'the colors are so vivid'.

Still, we can not be entirely sure that your progress is thanks to the noopept - even though you did not actively practice the tests, taking them several times over the course of 30 days would in itself produce some improvement. It is of course possible that this improvement would be less without the noopept, but we can not know that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, cognition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users