* * * * - 11 votes

Sunifiram?

sunifiram

• Please log in to reply
1564 replies to this topic

#1 brendan1

• 65 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Got an email from New Star Nootropics that they are now carrying this so did some research:

1. From Wikipedia:

Sunifiram (DM-235) is an ampakine drug which acts as a positive allosteric modulator of AMPA receptors,[1] and has nootropic effects in animal studies with significantly higher potency than piracetam.[2][3] A number of related compounds are known, the best known being unifiram (DM-232).[4][5][6]

2. https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/23295391

Behav Brain Res. 2013 Apr 1;242:150-7. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2012.12.054. Epub 2013 Jan 4.
Novel nootropic drug sunifiram improves cognitive deficits via CaM kinase II and protein kinase C activation in olfactory bulbectomized mice.

Moriguchi S, Tanaka T, Tagashira H, Narahashi T, Fukunaga K.

Source

Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan. shigeki@m.tohoku.ac.jp

Abstract

Alzheimer's disease (AD) shows degeneration of the cholinergic system in the medial septum, thereby eliciting down-regulation of the olfactory function in patients. We have previously reported that olfactory bulbectomized (OBX) mice show hippocampus-dependent memory impairment as assessed by memory-related behavioral tasks and hippocampal long-term potentiation (LTP). In the present study, we focused whether novel pyrrolidone nootropic drug sunifiram improves both memory impairment and depression observed in OBX mice. OBX mice were administered once a day for 7-12 days with sunifiram (0.01-1.0mg/kg p.o.) from 10 days after operation with or without gavestinel (10mg/kg i.p.), which is glycine-binding site inhibitor of N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDAR). The spatial reference memory assessed by Y-maze and short-term memory assessed by novel object recognition task were significantly improved by sunifiram treatment in OBX mice. Sunifiram also restored hippocampal LTP injured in OBX mice without treatment with gavestinel. By contrast, sunifiram treatment did not ameliorate the depressive behaviors assessed by tail suspension task in OBX mice. Notably, sunifiram treatment restored CaMKIIα (Thr-286) autophosphorylation and GluR1 (Ser-831) phosphorylation in the hippocampal CA1 region from OBX mice to the levels of control mice. Likewise, sunifiram treatment improved PKCα (Ser-657) autophosphorylation and NR1 (Ser-896) phosphorylation to the control levels. Stimulation of CaMKII and PKC autophosphorylation by sunifiram was significantly inhibited by pre-treatment with gavestinel. However, sunifiram treatment did not affect the phosphorylation of CaMKIV (Thr-196) and ERK. Taken together, sunifiram ameliorates OBX-induced deficits of memory-related behaviors and impaired LTP in the hippocampal CA1 region via stimulation of glycine-binding site of NMDAR.
Copyright © 2013 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.

#2 TheApprentice

• 16 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I just now put in my order for it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Any idea what the best dosage for the stuff would be?
  • like x 2

#4 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Kudos to NWS for stocking this compound.

#5 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Liftmode is also going to be adding it, I think, alongside Unifiram and Coluracetam, so be watching for that and the prices to compare.

*not trying to promote them, just trying to inform. I don't know what the rules are about mentioning them*

#6 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Liftmode is also going to be adding it, I think, alongside Unifiram and Coluracetam, so be watching for that and the prices to compare.

*not trying to promote them, just trying to inform. I don't know what the rules are about mentioning them*

Seems a little fishy with LM. Is his Theanine any good? The price is really low.

#7 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Seems a little fishy with LM. Is his Theanine any good? The price is really low.

I don't know about how good they are.

I ordered phenibut from them. Physically, it seems good quality. Dissolves in water very easily, tastes exactly how it is supposed to. They even sent a COA that says it is 99.9988% purity, but that seems a bit high to me, almost like it could be faked, but I don't know much about that kind of stuff. Also, I can't seem to find anything on Emenon Laboratories. The phenibut at 1.5g, however, had 0 effect on me except for making me a bit tired, so I am a bit skeptical, but it is possible that I just don't respond well to it or need a higher dosage.

If I were to bet, I would say that LM and New Star, and all the others (Isochroma-reborn just was talking about one in another thread who is adding the exact same stuff as LM) who are just now adding the same nootropics are using the same supplier (Shanghai Brightol is listed on the COA as the source, but so is Shanghai Passiono which seems to be a different site, but is used synonymously with Brightol in one of Brightol's about pages) that just decided to start producing it or something like that, so it is probably all from the same source. I am just going to compare prices and buy the cheapest, witch will probably be LM since I get $20 off my next order from them from writing a positive review (which seems super-sketch, I know).

Attached Files

• Attached File  002.png   721.57KB   177 downloads

Edited by brainslug, 23 March 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#8 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

That's awesome. Too bad I didn't get on that 20 dollar deal. :D

#9 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Damn, gonna have to try Sunifiram as well. Only 495$ for 100g!!!

Edited by Megatrone, 23 March 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#10 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just placed my order. Let's see how it is.

#11 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Did you use T&W Group?

#12 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Did you use T&W Group?

I don't know what T&W group is but I ordered it from New Star Nootropics.

#13 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Did you use T&W Group?

T&W are the suppliers. He got it from here, so can you:
http://www.newstarnootropics.com/

#14 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for telling us about NST. I've actually been searching around for suppliers who provide small amounts of Noopept.
CerebralHealth only sells them at 10g, but just wanted a small amount so I can try it first before going big. But.. guess you gotta go big or go home right? Jk.

Tell us how Sunifiram is like.. might try it if the results are good. Or maybe stick with Noopept.. not sure.

#15 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Edit: Removed

Edited by Megatrone, 24 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#16 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Just placed the order for 2g at NSN.

#17 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

I got a question. How/why are you guys ordering more than the minimal amount right now? It is a promising compound but we can't base our expectations on anything out there. It is too different.

#18 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

NSN should be out with a CoA soon I hope >.>
Once you get it, tell us how it is.

I got a question. How/why are you guys ordering more than the minimal amount right now? It is a promising compound but we can't base our expectations on anything out there. It is too different.

Some people don't use the whole thing, but instead just save the rest for later.

#19 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

I don't see the price difference between 1/2g ($17) and 2g ($38) as that big. However, if this turns out to work, my supply lasts a lot longer.

#20 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

I don't see the price difference between 1/2g ($17) and 2g ($38) as that big. However, if this turns out to work, my supply lasts a lot longer.

Damn. I just thought about that for Noopept. I should have gotten something more than 1g. Anyways, it's Spring Break for me, so it'll give me some time to play around with Noopept and if it does work, I can just order more later.

#21 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Damn. I just thought about that for Noopept. I should have gotten something more than 1g. Anyways, it's Spring Break for me, so it'll give me some time to play around with Noopept and if it does work, I can just order more later.

I don't think you'll have much luck with noopept. The racetams in general are just a waste of money, as there apparently is no LTP.
  • dislike x 3

#22 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I don't think you'll have much luck with noopept. The racetams in general are just a waste of money, as there apparently is no LTP.

What i've noticed the most from Noopept is the anti-anxiety effect and usually I feel very calm after taking some.

#23 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Racetams are quite proven to provide statistically significant improvement in memory. How that translates to actual significance is debatable. I wouldn't say they are a waste of money.

Uni and Suni are interesting and could be much better than racetams, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. We still don't fully know the magnitude of their effects.

#24 BigJohn

• 127 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

I just now put in my order for it.

Please post your experience and dosages with it that would be great!

Racetams are quite proven to provide statistically significant improvement in memory. How that translates to actual significance is debatable. I wouldn't say they are a waste of money.

Uni and Suni are interesting and could be much better than racetams, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. We still don't fully know the magnitude of their effects.

are you going to be trying sunifiram brainslug?

#25 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

are you going to be trying sunifiram brainslug?

Yes! Definitely! Right now, though, I am occupied trying several other things and trying to figure them out (phenibut and ritalin) and don't want to skew my current experiments. But I am interested in it and want to try it at least for the experience. I love some parts of aniracetam like the 'zen' focus/serenity and hate others like the emotional 'zoning out'/making me more boring. I think the ampakines could possibly have all the good without the bad and would probably be interested in using suni daily if that is even close to true, but I don't honestly expect it to provide extreme effects. But hey, even the off chance that it could be helpful is worth it to me ;) If it does, I will be pleasently surprised.

I will probably wait to buy it from liftmode since I am not in a hurry, and I can get the money off (if I ever write a fully positive review; maybe the ritalin will help with that, lol) and I think I am going to start collecting the COAs they send me, ha ha.

Looking forward to seeing people's experiences on here, I don't mean to discourage anyone from trying it, not at all. I just don't think we should super-hype it, is all.

Edited by brainslug, 25 March 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#26 Dashwolf

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I just don't think we should super-hype it, is all.

Agreed, I'm keeping my expectations way down as I wait for my order from New Star.

I want to post my experience with it, but first need to figure out the best way to experimentally trial it. So far, I'm thinking of abstaining from all racetams for at least 5 days. Then starting out with a 1mg dose in the morning. If I don't notice any effects, I'll increase the dosage by 1mg each morning, until I either feel an effect or have reached 5 or 10mg. Or should I only increase the dose after a few days? Any advice or suggestions?

#27 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

I just don't think we should super-hype it, is all.

Agreed, I'm keeping my expectations way down as I wait for my order from New Star.

I want to post my experience with it, but first need to figure out the best way to experimentally trial it. So far, I'm thinking of abstaining from all racetams for at least 5 days. Then starting out with a 1mg dose in the morning. If I don't notice any effects, I'll increase the dosage by 1mg each morning, until I either feel an effect or have reached 5 or 10mg. Or should I only increase the dose after a few days? Any advice or suggestions?

Update us on your trial with Sunifiram.
Anyways, I tried called NSN several times and sent 3 emails and so far no response. Seems like they are busy on the other side from all the orders. I don't even think some of our orders will be sent out today. Even though my order is just 1g of Noopept.

#28 TheApprentice

• 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

In my opinion, New star should have expected a increase in demand of such a new compound. Imagine When Coluracetam comes out next month.

#29 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

In my opinion, New star should have expected a increase in demand of such a new compound. Imagine When Coluracetam comes out next month.

Exactly. But, either way we can't really blame them. Maybe they were expecting an increase in demand, but maybe the demand was much bigger than they expected.
If the Noopept I get from them is good, i'll probably have to order a large amount before Coluracetam and Phenylpiracetam comes out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 emckai

• 131 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Anyone who ordered Sunifiram from NSN, did you guys get an email back from them about tracking information or anything about your item being shipped? I didn't get anything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunifiram

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users