• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Noopept and short term memory loss, Nootropics and Exmas

nootropics noopept exams memory short term short term memory modafinil help noopept dose

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 saltyjohn1

• 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

I have taken Noopept for a period of about ten days, high doses ranging from 200mg on Day1 to about 100 Mg on D3, doing about 60Mg from about D9.

I have experienced increased forgetfulness and more silly mistakes in my academic work; and am wondering if memory loss is proportional to the dosage, and if a reduced dosage will give similar effects without having a detrimental effect.

I am a Biology, Chemistry, Maths, and Physics A Level student and I have all my exams in the space of the next month, the first in 9 days. I regularly take modafinil; but as the result as a technical error on the part of mod.ph, I am yet to receive my latest shipment (although I am assured it is on it's way) and have been completely without for 3 weeks .

In your experience,

is it wise to take modafinil when doing timed exams/assessed work?

Is Noopept a bad idea for the lead up to exams, the day of exams (due to increased memory loss after dosing) or fine to take during both?

Is it wise to risk modafinil insomnia at a time where I need to be on top of my game for a sustained (6 week) period

Thank you

#2 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Noopept is so individual in it's effects, sideeffects and dosage that its not easy to give you definitive answers. FYI short term memory impairment from noopept seems to be common, tiredness and brain fog too. Basically reducing dosage and adding a choline source both seems to be essential.

My advice: Don't use noopept at important times such as preparation for an exam until you are sure for how long you can take it at what dosage without experiencing side effects. So this would rule out using it for your upcoming exam.
Use uridine and ciltep stacks instead. ciltep can also lead to short term memory problems (seems like there is a tradeoff between long term memory and short term memory / processing efficiency / working memory). I am thinking about doing learning days where I basically optimize everything for storing new information, and executive days where I optimize for working memory / short term memory.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Patrick Sylvester

• 67 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

the first time i've taken noopept i tried around 100 mg range and got the brain-fog. the next day lower dose and still brain-fog, i was taking it with GCP Choline as well. after a week or so i settled on the recommended dose of ~20mg which i only take once or twice a day and don't get the fog however in my experience noopept doesn't really help me retain information rather it helps me recall very old memories. this led me to conclude that for me, noopept is more of a long-term memory support/protectant than a short-term study/testing aid, i believe this is consistent with published data as well. i would take noopept on days when no new deluges of information is expected, i.e. leading up to exams but definitely not during intensive studying for exams.

with the modafinil, i'm sure you have experienced it as well but there is a nasty-fast tolerance issue with it (especially the lucidity and working memory aspects) and combined with the cognitive decline of insomnia no matter how alleviated is inferior to a well-disciplined sleep schedule. i have just wached someone abuse modafinil during finals and when it was all over and done; a solid schedule of sleep, quick exercise and discipline would have resulted in better grades, i suspect an entire letter-grades worth.
imo the modafinil should be used sparingly and cycled with another stimulant in concert with a study-aid cognition-enhancer and prolonged use only for the time when you have slipped and slept too long causing you to make up the time or if there is simply too much new material to cover. otherwise let your well rested memory do the heavy work, you did attend all the classes anyways. i think relieving anxiety is tantamount to cramming rehashed material during exams.
  • like x 1

#4 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

I have found, with extensive observation, that the so called short term memory issues are actually ' trances', we get so fixated on internal content that we forget what er were doing.

#5 geostriata

• 42 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

It was the strangest thing. Not more than a few weeks ago, I started taking Noopept at 10mg BID in preparation for an exam. For the first day, it was phenomenal and I studied brilliantly. On the second day, I started to have rather severe short term memory issues, like feeling that the whole weekend went by in an instant. I was studying the whole time and felt like I didn't have much to show for it. That is, I felt like I didn't remember too much.

On the third day, I took it again in the hopes that the second day was a fluke. Nope. The Noopept short-term memory issues presented themselves again, and I felt like I had little working memory yet again. The exam went by in a flash, and I was positively mortified after the test. I hardly remembered the test at all! Against all common wisdom, I had taken new nootropics before an exam and I felt like I totally blew it.

A few days later, I found out that I got one of the highest in the class.

From this experience, I've somewhat come to Robosapien's conclusion on this. I may have felt like I was unable to recall the details of the exam as much, but it's evident that I was able to recall what I had learned quite well. It's as if I was in a "recall trance," where I could tap into old memories better at the expense of forming new memories. I know that's probably totally off from a neurological standpoint, but that's just subjectively how it felt.

In the end, I'm left with the feeling that Noopept is a double-edged sword, at least in the short term. If after prolonged use, the short term memory formation issues go away (which is what people tend to report), then I think it has real potential. Maybe the initial impairment is something that just needs to be worked through to reap the long term benefits. Just my two cents.
  • like x 1

#6 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Why are people starting with such whopping doses? I've found that with Nootropics, less is more in most cases. Recently there have been posts of people trying Noopept mega-doses, and pretty much damn near every one of them has hit that wall. People new to nootropics come on this site and see these posts and (sadly) without doing much research at all, they emulate this behavior with their first nootropic ever, which is IMHO, really stupid. Not to mention irresponsible. If you decide to take these doses for yourself, more power to you, but PLEASE include in your post a disclaimer and do NOT suggest that other people blindly follow your dosing schedule (I know you didn't here, but I have seen this a lot here lately, even from MODS).

Edited by Synaesthesiac, 17 August 2013 - 06:46 PM.

• like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#7 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Just as an aside - I am a hypnotherapist by profession, I know what a trance like state is :)

Edited by robosapiens, 23 August 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#8 adamswer

• 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

I agree with synthaeses sometimes less is really more

#9 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

That's really interesting about the "trance" state, and appears sound to me, at least in terms of my own experience.

#10 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

Noopept is subtile. In my personal experience, you can't take more to make it louder, it just gets wierder.

It stacks with fishoil and Hydergene well, I'm not sure yet about with Sunifram
And the effects seem to evolve over several weeks, it expands.

And I've learned to not drop into Noopept trance black holes as much, although it's kinda fun ...

My best example of this trance is when I was waiting for a bus at a bus stop, I watched my bus pull up, and I know its my bus that pull up, then I noticed an attractive gal... and I just watched the bus leave without getting on it.
then I had the wait.. what? moment :)

#11 saltyjohn1

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

has anyone noticed a biodegrading of noopept if left outside a sealed container?

My seal has been broken for a while and I'm wondering if it is still usable, I figure because it's a peptide it should be quite stable, but perhaps it is venuerable to bacteria etc. Any biochemists have any ideas?

#12 Fabiomassimo

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

has anyone noticed a biodegrading of noopept if left outside a sealed container?

My seal has been broken for a while and I'm wondering if it is still usable, I figure because it's a peptide it should be quite stable, but perhaps it is venuerable to bacteria etc. Any biochemists have any ideas?

Well I'm certainly no biochemist or expert but if you know the seal is broken I would find another suitable container to put the noopept into. It may be perfectly fine in an unsealed container but why take the chance if you don't have to?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#13 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:04 AM

Noopept is not supposed to be a blast-your-face-off effect, I haven't noticed much honestly. I think that Noopept is more a tool for Biohacking and than lifehacking, let me explain what I mean by that...
Noopept is suggested by some human studies to improve memory and cognition, I think it probably has a long-term positive effect on memory, so it's a Biohack in that respect. However, "lifehacking" means tools and strategies to improve productivity right now. In that regard, Noopept was of dubious value to me.
Update: I've used Noopept a number of other times and came to the conclusion that it's not useless, but for me and many others it requires longer-term usage to see much cognitive uptick.

1*Io9RYzNf_C5H_klZTQ8DlQ.jpeg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, noopept, exams, memory, short, term, short term memory, modafinil, help, noopept dose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users