• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Chaenomeles Speciosa - a social anxiety alleviator?

chaenomeles social anxiety dopamine wit speciosa phobia depression

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 agwoodliffe

• 120 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

I originally got a sample of this herb to see if it would assist in my late night studying for Uni. Was quite amazed though to see it boosted social activity/confidence, and more interestingly, it boosted wit too. The only justifiable scientific study that might suggest this is its action as a DAT inhibitor (which is apparently overactive in social phobics).

Any thoughts people?

#2 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

Was it an extract or the whole herb and how much did you take?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Interested on this too, more information please!

#4 DbCooper

• 137 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

My only issue with CS is, after the 3 or 4th dose I started to get what I would call "receptor downgrade" then it did nothing at all.

#5 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

very interested in this, might buy some myself. have the effects been consistent agwood?

Edited by mastermind57, 11 May 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Antipsychotic and sedative effects of the leaf extract of Crassocephalum bauchiense (Hutch.) Milne-Redh (Asteraceae) in rodents.

Sotoing Taïwe G, Ngo Bum E, Talla E, Dawe A, Okomolo Moto FC, Temkou Ngoupaye G, Sidiki N, Dabole B, Djomeni Dzeufiet PD, Dimo T, De Waard M.

Source

Department of Zoology and Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Buea, P.O. Box 63 Buea, Cameroon. taiwe_sotoing@yahoo.fr

Abstract

ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE:

Crassocephalum bauchiense (Hutch.) Milne-Redh (Asteraceae) has been used as a medicine for the treatment of epilepsy, insomnia, dementia and psychotic disorders in Cameroonian traditional medicine.
AIM OF THE STUDY:

This study was designed to examine whether the aqueous extract and the alkaloid fraction prepared from the leaves of Crassocephalum bauchiense possess antipsychotic and sedative properties in rodents.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:

The rectal temperature of mice was recorded with a probe thermometer at a constant depth. Novelty-induced rearing behavior is used to evaluate a central excitatory locomotor behavior in mice. The antipsychotic effects of the extracts were assessed using the apomorphine animal model of psychosis. The catalepsy test was tested based on the ability of the leaves extracts of Crassocephalum bauchiense to alter the duration of akinesia by placing the naive mice with both forelegs over a horizontal bar. The extracts of Crassocephalum bauchiense effects were evaluated on sodium pentobarbital-induced sleeping time. In addition, gamma-aminobutyric acid concentrations in the brain treated mice were also estimated.
RESULTS:

The aqueous extract and the alkaloid fraction from Crassocephalum bauchiense caused dose-dependent inhibition of novelty-induced rearing behavior, decreased the apomorphine-induced stereotypy and fighting, and had significant fall of the body temperature. The aqueous extract prolonged the sodium pentobarbital sleeping time. This prolongation was not reversed by bicuculline, a light-sensitive competitive antagonist of GABA(A) receptors complex. However, the effect of the aqueous extract on sodium pentobarbital-induced sleeping time was blocked by N-methyl-b-carboline-3-carboxamide, a partial inverse agonist of the benzodiazepine site in the GABA(A) receptor complex and flumazenil, a specific antagonist of the benzodiazepine site in the GABAA receptor complex. In biochemical experiments, the concentration of the inhibitory amino acid, gamma-aminobutyric acid, was significantly increased in the brain of animals treated with the aqueous extract of Crassocephalum bauchiense and sodium valproate.
CONCLUSIONS:

The results show that the antipsychotic and sedative properties of Crassocephalum bauchiense are possibly mediated via the blockade of dopamine D-2 receptors and GABAergic activation, respectively. However, pharmacological and chemical studies are continuing in order to characterize the mechanism(s) responsible for these neuropharmacological actions and also to identify the active substances present in the extracts of Crassocephalum bauchiense.

There are tons herbal dari's and ap's that may be extremely effective, combined da blockade and gaba activity theoretically blows every ap away.

#7 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

I've tried CS extract from a popular online "entheogen" vendor a few times in small doses and noticed a slight effect i still have the extract and will try it in larger doses and report my results if theyre worth reporting.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#8 agwoodliffe

• Topic Starter
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

I used a herb extract from Maxnature.com (given they do pretty good shipping rates).

Can't say I've noticed any addictive potential of this herb. Also, I don't see why you should take more than one small scoop a day (a scooper is provided); I never did. But then again, I'm on an SRI too, so maybe it would be good for those with refractory social anxiety.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chaenomeles, social, anxiety, dopamine, wit, speciosa, phobia, depression

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users