- - - - -

Racetam shipment from China stopped by Canada Customs

customs piracetam legal legality siezed

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 thegodsmustbecrazy

• 27 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

OK, anyone here have any knowledge and/or advice? I called the shipper DHL and they gave me a number to give to Canada Customs. I called Canada Customs, and they said that they have removed it from the warehouse and a sample has been sent off to Ottawa for lab analysis. I ordered 2kg of Piracetam, 1kg of Oxiracetam, 1kg of Aniracetam, and 250g of Alpha-gpc from Shanghai Souyoung. As far as I know, it is not illegal to import any of these into Canada. I am worried, because I paid over 700USD including shipping for this order. I am somewhat NOT worried because like I said, this should be legal... At any rate, it will take up to a month for CBSA to release this shipment. Anyone know how this might turn out? Am I at risk of losing this shipment? How much was sent for sampling that I might not get back? Sucks to be me.

Cheers, gods.

#2 james1589

• 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Sorry to hear. They probably don't like seeing these large quantities of white powder... I don't really have any advice to offer. I order all mine from the U.S and have them sent to a receiving house and I go down and pick them up in person.

Best of luck.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rc897

• 57 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

Don't worry about it.

AND do not run away like a guilty guy, its your stuff you legally brought it in and they should be accountable.

On the other hand large quantities of chemicals are always flagged if you don't have a business name attached to the shipping address.

All your future packages should be addressed to: xyz research chemical inc. C/O (your name) and then address, best if you can ship it to your work (a non-residential address) or someone elses work address. NO PO boxes. executive business offices also are good.

Figure 10-100grams missing from each racetam for their lab testing.

#4 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

Really 10-100 GRAMS? That's horribly inefficient; I'm no expert, but don't they need WAY less than that for a MS/GC?

#5 rc897

• 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

uh, deal with the government much ? :) its the price of freedom.
  • like x 1

#6 thegodsmustbecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Good thing I ordered lots of each... Still, I hope it is only in the 10g each range.

#7 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

rc897: haha, I try not to whenever possible!

#8 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Good thing I ordered lots of each... Still, I hope it is only in the 10g each range.

I think you've got this ass over backwards - had you ordered smaller amounts in smaller batches it may well have flown under the radar. Anyway, too late to fret now. You may want to order your next batch in somebody else's name, and a significantly smaller one, that, if checked at all, will be deemed to be for personal use.

#9 thegodsmustbecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

I think you've got this ass over backwards - had you ordered smaller amounts in smaller batches it may well have flown under the radar. Anyway, too late to fret now. You may want to order your next batch in somebody else's name, and a significantly smaller one, that, if checked at all, will be deemed to be for personal use.

Yeah, this turns out to be the right answer. After screwing around with the gub'mint for a month, they released it to DHL, and it is on it's way back to China. Hopefully, they let it back into China. Hopefully the shipper understands enough english to know what has happened (they seem to know what is going on, but that isn't absolutely clear). Once it clears Chinese customs, and the shipper has it back, they will refund the money or ship it to me in multiple smaller packages. That is a lot of hopefully and maybees though. Sucks, but it may be a lost cause. 750.00 could be gone.

#10 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

What was their logic for not releasing it to you?

#11 Sun Nootropic

• 102 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

we(Sun Nootropic)have cancelled orders to Canada and delete the option of Canada since September. that is due to high risk of being seized by Canadian Custom.
usually, we have 1-2parcels to be shipped back to China or to seized every two month, and then we reship for cusotmers or give them refund. and we carry them all by Chinapost.
however, the rate rises, we have total 6-7parcels with problem in one month, which make us loss many.

Fedex parcel with fewer problem but it takes at one month to receive the parcel.
your pacel either takes very long or shipped back to Soyong.

it is not about if the goods to be legal or illegal, custom is always strict with white powder

#12 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

Did they test them and find out that they aren't drugs and send it back anyway? Seems like they have no legal basis.

#13 thegodsmustbecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yeah they tested them. Unfortuneately I didn't get to see the detailed assay results, which curiously, would have been a concilation prize. I DO know that they all were what they said they were. So, Shanghai Soyoung sells legit products, just not sure of the exact purity.

They were rejected as commercial importation of a "new drug". They would let a 90 day supply past customs, but not such large quantities for personal use. They seem to have done their homework and are aware of nootropics. Will probably go with the many small packages approach if it is feasable. I think their claim of calling it a drug of any type is dubious as it has never gotten to a clinical trial. That being said, customs is the one government entity that is not subject to complaint or scrutiny. Stopping the entry of drugs and weapons has that effect I guess...

Edited by thegodsmustbecrazy, 11 October 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#14 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

Will probably go with the many small packages approach if it is feasable. I think their claim of calling it a drug of any type is dubious as it has never gotten to a clinical trial.

Are you talking about Piracetam ? It has TONS of clinical trials and it has been available by prescription all over Europe for decades.

Edited by BlueCloud, 11 October 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#15 jarad12

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Having ordered a ton of substances ranging from borderline legal to totally obscure herbs, i learnt that shipping via couriers such as DHL, Fedex etc is always a bad idea.

These are seen as high risk by customs, authorities etc and go through a stricter monitoring process, there are always issues with this type of shipment method when there is even the slightest possible reason for suspicion about the shipment contents.

I have found the best way to ship products like nootropics, herbs, legal RC's and other similar items is via your slower postal services such as USPS EMS etc, basically anything that takes about 4-8 days to be delivered (internationally). Anything faster then that increases the risk of delays and custom issues dramatically.
  • like x 2

#16 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

is this concern only with canadian customs? has anyone had problems with soyoung's shipping to the US?

#17 AwesomeName

• 47 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Canadian customs are full of sociopaths.

If you want to ship anything important you need to ship maximum 2-3 bottles or a max 3 month supply. Also 2 kg of a supplement at a time is bound to raise some red flags.

You could send all of the packages to a forwarding company in the usa and get them to send your supplements to you 2 bottles at a time or whatever using different names. They check packages from USA far less often.

It's unfortunate we're ruled by statist nutjobs but this is the reality we face.

Edited by AwesomeName, 12 October 2013 - 11:44 PM.

#18 thegodsmustbecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Well, just to say that this has been a total wash for me. The package was sent back to the supplier, and they have not yet given me a refund. I have moved to the next step of filing a complaint with Alibaba, and hope that Shanghai Soyoung will cooperate and give me a refund. They seemed cooperative, but not sure if that is a front to keep my money or what. I sent Isochroma Reborn the link to this thread, I hope he chimes in here. SNAFU...

Cheers, gods.

#19 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Multiple mistakes.

1. Never buy a mixed order in the same shipment.
2. Couriers are always audited by CBSA. Use normal mail or EMS. Mail is not taxed either but couriers are.

I don't buy from China anymore due to misdeclarations. I buy from USA sellers whose shipments are virtually never inspected.

Here is CBSA's priority list for parcel inspection (frequency of interception):

1. EMS from Asian countries
2. Ground Mail from Asian countries
3. EMS from USA/GB
4. Ground Mail from USA/GB

Now I buy from USA sellers who use tracked USPS ground mail shipment. 100% success rate.

I use Focuspowders.
  • like x 1

#20 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Multiple mistakes.

1. Never buy a mixed order in the same shipment.
2. Couriers are always audited by CBSA. Use normal mail or EMS. Mail is not taxed either but couriers are.

I don't buy from China anymore due to misdeclarations. I buy from USA sellers whose shipments are virtually never inspected.

Here is CBSA's priority list for parcel inspection (frequency of interception):

1. EMS from Asian countries
2. Ground Mail from Asian countries
3. EMS from USA/GB
4. Ground Mail from USA/GB

Now I buy from USA sellers who use tracked USPS ground mail shipment. 100% success rate.

I use Focuspowders.

Good tips. And yes - limit your orders to "90 days worth of 'whatever'". And also try and use the USPS (if getting stuff from the US). I've only ever had one thing stopped (and returned) - and that was a DHEA type substance.

Canada is actually pretty good if you are ordering RC's. A lot is still "legal" in Canada, but has been banned elsewhere. A bit strange that they allow substances that can literally blow your mind, but it's a "no no" to 91 days of piracetam lol.

Edited by leftside, 10 December 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#21 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

2kg PIR max. I always buy that amount since less is too costly.

#22 Sun Nootropic

• 102 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

hi Isochroma-Reborn, we have reopened the entry to Canada, Fedex via another Forwarding company works well ;). you are very right about the point that EMS from Asia countries is very likely to be inspected.
shipping from UK to Canada is good way, we had done this way in 2011, but a little costly for us due to double shipping fee, from China to UK and from UK to Canada.

#23 thegodsmustbecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

All this is good information, and I will definitely do it different in the future. I actually deal with a freight forwarding and consolidation company in the US. www.shipito.com but didn't consider using them as a conduit to import racetams. OK, say I were to ship to my suite (they actually give you a suite #, not a box) with shipito, is there anything I should know about sending racetams to the US? Once they are there, how would I get them into Canada? It seems a bit risky considering that it would be crossing 3 borders. Comments, thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#24 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

Having ordered a ton of substances ranging from borderline legal to totally obscure herbs, i learnt that shipping via couriers such as DHL, Fedex etc is always a bad idea.

These are seen as high risk by customs, authorities etc and go through a stricter monitoring process, there are always issues with this type of shipment method when there is even the slightest possible reason for suspicion about the shipment contents.

I have found the best way to ship products like nootropics, herbs, legal RC's and other similar items is via your slower postal services such as USPS EMS etc, basically anything that takes about 4-8 days to be delivered (internationally). Anything faster then that increases the risk of delays and custom issues dramatically.

I concur about using EMS, much easier, but I am not so sure about the "longer option" being the better one, I think I've had just as good luck with EMS express post which can take 2-3 days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customs, piracetam, legal, legality, siezed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users