- - - - -

Is this Adrafinil Real?

nootropics depot adrafinil

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TVO

• 161 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

I recently got an order from nootropics depot of adrafinil (15g). Problem is from what I read it is water soluble, mine will only partially dissolve and leaves particles at the bottom as seen in the picture. I've tried it in hot and cold water both end up like the picture. Has anyone else tried this and got a different effect than me?

Attached Files

#2 TVO

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Also here is a picture of the powder

Attached Files

Edited by TVO, 25 August 2013 - 09:47 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Does it kinda taste like acetone?

#4 TVO

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Does acetone smell like nail polish remover or something? The powder doesn't have a strong smell, but the taste is like 5x worst than piracetam. Gonna test it on a 3 hours of sleep and see how it goes.

#5 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

I don't know anything about this particular substance but many substances that are water soluable or alcohol soluble are sometimes only partially soluble. For instance some substances are only soluble to the point of xMG per ML. I know for instance Tyrosine which is water soluble almost never dissolves fully, and when I drink it out of water there is always little rock type pieces at the bottom.

#6 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hmm, its hard to say.

If it only partially dissolves, it could be mixed with a filler or a binder.

You may have Adrafinil mixed with Magnesium Sterate, Rice Powder or any other white powder.

I dont know much about adrafinil, but if its supposed to be Water soluble, it could have a binder or filler in.

#7 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Adra resolves into a sediment. The only way around this is DMSO as the solvent, which causes halitosis, so we didn't go for that. The next option was Methylene Chloride but I tend to respect that you guys don't want cancer. So with 18 grams of this stuff per bottle, we had to get something viscous like water but inbetween and safe. Contenets will settle, so shake vigorously before each use.

Acetone is in most nail polish removers and is toxic.

Adrafinil is DMSO soluble.

#8 TVO

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Alright so I'm pretty sure this is real, I got 4 hours of sleep took a gram and felt normal throughout the day.

#9 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Interesting info here. Adrafinil should react the same as amphetamine on a Marquis reagent test, that is orange->brown. Kits are available on amazon.

And FYI it does not react on a PCR assay for amphetamines, so don't worry about spending the night in jail for getting busted with adrafinil powder.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Peak Noots

• 138 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

Sorry to wake up an old thread but this pops up in google for adrafinil solubility and wanted to clarify for some customers. Adrafinil is NOT fully water soluble and fully soluble in ethanol (alcohol). I am not sure who is spreading this information that adrafinil is water soluble but one customer left a comment on our page http://peaknootropic.../shop/adrafinil stating the product is fake because it does not dissolve in water. Basically, if your adrafinil fully dissolves in water it is fake or has fillers added.

We have talked to 3-4 manufacturers about this to clarify and all say adrafinil is soluble in ethanol or only semi water soluble. Also most batches of adrafinil have a pinkish hue and some batches can be white or off-white. Some batches can have a slight sulfur smell. Not all batches may have the same physical characteristics and these may differ depending on the manufacturing process used. Purity may not be affected based on color and smell but the solubility should never change. So in short, adrafinil is semi-water soluble but only fully soluble in ethanol or a similar solution. Most batches have a pinkish hue but others can be white with similar purity (we have tested the pinkish and white batches and both had above 99%).

Also adrafinil will turn brown/orange in a marquis test and we have heard of one person going to jail for having adrafinil in their bag as the police thought it was amphetamine. Of course, after they sent to the lab they had confirmed it was indeed not a controlled substance but just a word of caution.

We just wanted to clear the solubility question up for some people and apologize to the mods if we have woken up an old thread. Please delete if necessary.

Edited by Peak Noots, 25 April 2016 - 05:18 PM.

• Informative x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics depot, adrafinil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users