• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What effects has Sulbutiamine had one you?

sulbutiamine effects

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TVO

• 161 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hi, I was looking into Sulbutiamine and was wondering what effects it had on the average user, I will probably end up writing and article on it eventually. Could anyone please report there experiences with this substance, thanks.

#2 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

The most pronounced effect for me is when I take it after a night of not enough sleep. It seems to just wipe away that "not enough sleep last night" feeling in the body.

Apart from that, it seems to help with focus and motivation to some extent. When taking it in the morning or around lunch, I sometimes crash towards the evening. That about sums it up for my experiences. I have never tried supplementing it long term.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TVO

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

What doses were you doing?

#4 Johannes

• 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Sulbutiamine gives me a really refreshed and energetic state of mind that lasts most of the day. When it wears off though I feel pretty mentally drained. I don't use sulbutiamine that much anymore but I will probably try it once again when I go for a really long bike ride; I feel like it will have some nice performance enhancing effects to it

#5 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

I think it is a good idea to experiment with dosage to see what works best for you, because individual neurochemistry as well as other supplements and diet can influence dosage effects quite a bit.

I am a 78 kg male and experience 'obvious' effects from 400 mg+. However, a mere 200 mg does improve energy levels to some degree, although it is subtle.

Have been conservative with sulbutiamine (due to the effects being felt so clearly) so I've never tried dosing more than 600 mg at one time. Once on a roadtrip I dosed 600 mg in the morning and 600 mg at lunch. Drove in fairly heavy traffic that required major attention the whole day, but still felt very much 'in the zone'.

#6 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

When I started taking it, a 200mg dose would keep me alert and energized for 12 hours, but It seems I have built a bit of a tolerance to it (even with a very sporadic use) and now I wouldn't take less than 400mg in one dose in the morning, or two 200mg doses, depending on how late I plan to stay up at night.
People tend to have very different sensitivity to nootropics (and sulbutiamine in particular), so i guess you want to try at 200mg, and work your way up if needed.
As far as the effect goes, it makes me feel more vigilant, more resilient at work, and also allows me to keep more easily within the boundaries of what is socially acceptable behavior, gives me a better hold on my emotions, especially in confrontational situations. Goes well with coffee and L-theanine in my experience.

#7 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Sulbutiamine made me anxious and didn't help concentration

#8 Johannes

• 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

I should note that the dosages I took were all right around 300mg

#9 DavidTomen

• 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

750 mg Sulbutiamine + 750 mg Aniracetam + 800 mg CDP Choline = the best antidepressant I've ever used.
  • like x 2

#10 Megamouse

• 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

I've tried Sulbutiamine 200mg several times. My response didn't make me too inclined to take it every day so I can't comment on regular dosing. Every time, I experienced irritability on the day of dosing, along with flat affect and severe fatigue the following day. The change in mood was so marked that people commented on it. Definitely not a goer for me. As always, I guess results vary according to neuro makeup.

#11 dopaminerush

• 42 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

750 mg Sulbutiamine + 750 mg Aniracetam + 800 mg CDP Choline = the best antidepressant I've ever used.

i experienced same thing once with  4.8gram piracetam  + 300mg octotiamine  2 hours of euphoria, happiness. 

i cant find any info on octotiamine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:33 AM

Another member of the B Vitamin family with Nootropic effects ranging from sharpening memory and vision to alleviating social anxiety disorder.

Sulbutiamine is another social smart drug, it has been shown to reduce psycho-behavioral inhibition, also described as...
Shyness
Timidity
Social anxiety disorder
Approach anxiety
Difficulty making friends in new environments
General antisocial behavior

1*vS9h2J_dCitO5vrQTXLA8A.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sulbutiamine, effects

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users