motivation energy tiredness insomnia fatique

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tiredtired

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hey...

I feel tired and unmotivated all the time. I would be very thankful for some recommendations.

Basically fatigue kicks in 1 hour after breakfast.
So I am searching for something that would give me energy and motivation to work for another 5 hours.
The healthier the better. I would like to take it 5 time per week and for 1 year.
Most importantly I'm looking for something that would not make my insomnia worse.

My current regime:
Multivitamins + omega 3
~Healthy food
Meditation
30min cardio exercises
No stimulants/alcohol
Good sleep hygiene

Things I tired but wont work (All these things made my sleep quality worse):
coffee (with or without l-theanine)
piracetam (with or without choline)
Rhodiola rosea

also I got little mental health problems:
mild insomnia
mild seasonal affective disorder
mild generalized anxiety disorder
stressful job

They might be all connected but I don't know what effect what.
Maybe lack of sunshine makes me depressed and that causes poor sleep. And that makes me little anxious.
Or maybe stress gives me anxiety and because of that I cant sleep and tiredness makes me depressed.. etc.

Thanks.

#2 thomas1234

• 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

For the SAD thing I would recommend what I posted in my introduction post.
For your drop in energy in the morning:
What do you eat for breakfast? It's not good to eat simple carbohydrates: Peak in insuline. Try to eat slow carbohydrates and proteins. They balans insuline housekeeping.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 thomas1234

• 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

I would also suggest to completely stop drinking coffee (you will have maybe 1 week of withdrawal symptoms) and drinking a lot of water.

Sulbutiamine is an energy boosting kind of vit b1 (passes blood brain barrier more easily). Works well with me.

Edited by thomas1234, 23 September 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#4 tiredtired

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

I have tried different foods for breakfast - no effect.
I dont drink coffee. And im drinking plenty of water.

#5 thomas1234

• 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

If you think its a medical condition, you can also check a doctor off course...
Maybe something with thyriods...

#6 boythatssomebreath

• 88 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

If your sleep patterns are disrupted by Piracetam, coffee, L-theanine, and Rhodiola rosea, I would definitely stay away from Nootropics at this time (until you can get some resolve with your health issues). These are all very mild Nootropics that you have listed, and they typically would not affect a persons sleep (unless they were taken late in the day anyway). I do have an AMAZING stack for motivation and energy, but you wouldn't sleep for days if you are that sensitive to Nootropics. I typically don't recommend this, but in your case, you may have a possible underlying health issue, and some blood work may serve you well.

#7 osmium489

• 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I would also suggest to completely stop drinking coffee (you will have maybe 1 week of withdrawal symptoms) and drinking a lot of water.

Sulbutiamine is an energy boosting kind of vit b1 (passes blood brain barrier more easily). Works well with me.

The not drinking coffee thing seems to be pretty important, however I haven't experienced any withdrawal from it yet. Though I did substitute it right away with noopept....

#8 thomas1234

• 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Personally I'm surprised so many people are daily drinking multiple coffees. If I'm in a period of drinking coffee, I wake up very difficult and become fogged in the head, it's really just drinking to get the withdrawal symptoms away.

Edited by thomas1234, 24 September 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#9 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

I think it works well for motivation in a non speedy way.
I just need a lot less than everybody else, as always.

#10 K_Godel

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Tired and unmotivated: B12, Methylcobalamin.

Fatigue: B12, Methylcobalamin.

Energy & Motivation: B12, Methylcobalamin.

Healthy: B12, Methylcobalamin.

It sounds like you would benefit from a high quality sublingual dose of around 2500mcg of Vitamin B12 in Methylcobalamin form. I see you already take a multi, however you are not getting the benefits of B12 through it as you are digesting it, and the form is more likely than not cyanocobalamin. The added Methyl group is the key. Get all these problems sorted out of the way before diving into anything more involved.
  • like x 1

#11 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Sulbutiamine helps, and also consider some melatonin at night to help with sleep. I would recommend some -racetams, but if Piracetam disturbed your sleep, maybe that's not a good idea.

#12 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I need to get some melatonin again without it Im sitting in front of the pc till 2 at night its horrible.
Also @OP do you know this: http://justgetflux.com/
Its a program that when you enter you coordinates will dim you screen at sunset and also make it more organge.

This is a good idea because blue light stops you making melatonin, guess where we have a lot of blue light coming from? Monitors of course.

#13 tiredtired

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

yeah thats a good program.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#14 Thiago Borges Leobons

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

It sounds like you would benefit from a high quality sublingual dose of around 2500mcg of Vitamin B12 in Methylcobalamin form. I see you already take a multi, however you are not getting the benefits of B12 through it as you are digesting it, and the form is more likely than not cyanocobalamin. The added Methyl group is the key. Get all these problems sorted out of the way before diving into anything more involved.

I have a question about your prescription for Vitamin B12. I've just received Happy Calm Focused yesterday and haven't started taking it yet. The bottle says it has Bitamin B12 as methylcobalamin in quantity in excess of 2500% of prescribed daily value. Should I just open the capsule and keep the contents to absorb under my tongue?

This is a good idea because blue light stops you making melatonin, guess where we have a lot of blue light coming from? Monitors of course.

That's weird. I've heard about this before but what about Night Wave gadget that pulses blue light to make you sleep? Shouldn't the blue light interfering with you production of melatonin be bad for your sleep?

Edited by Thiago Borges Leobons, 06 October 2013 - 12:52 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: motivation, energy, tiredness, insomnia, fatique

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users