- - - - -

Amfonelic acid

stimulant

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

In desperation over the years at times when nootropics were not quite keeping me awake during the day, I researched safe stimulants (not caffeine) and found several that fit the bill - including Amfonelic acid and Prolintane. Have not tried them yet. This post will have the data on Amfonelic acid only because from the many I have researched it's the safest and fits the bill best.

It is able to mobilize Dopamine from non-vesicular storage pools and can provide stimulant effects even after other stimulants such as amphetamines have completely depleted vesicular dopamine. It is very safe and is available to purchase online now though currently out of stock. It is also unregulated in all countries of this World:

Posted Image

Amfonelic acid - Wikipedia

CAS# 15180-02-6

Amfonelic acid (AFA; WIN 25,978; Oxaprozin) is a drug used in scientific studies. It was discovered while researchers were investigating novel antibiotics.[1] In studies it proved to be a potent and highly selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor (DRI) in rat brain preparations.[2][3] A study found a moderately long half-life of approximately 12 hours and a dopaminergic potency approximately 50 fold that of methylphenidate in rat brain preparations.[4]

See also[edit]
  • Nalidixic acid (WIN 18,320)
  • Oxolinic acid
References[edit]
  • ^ US patent 3590036, "Naphthyridine-3-carboxylic Acids, Their Derivatives and Preparation Thereof"
  • ^ Fuller, R. W.; Perry, K. W.; Bymaster, F. P.; Wong, D. T. (1978). "Comparative effects of pemoline, amfonelic acid and amphetamine on dopamine uptake and release in vitro and on brain 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid concentration in spiperone-treated rats.". Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 30 (3): 197–198. PMID 24701.
  • ^ McMillen, B. A.; Shore, P. A. (1978). "Amfonelic acid, a non-amphetamine stimulant, has marked effects on brain dopamine metabolism but not noradrenaline metabolism: Association with differences in neuronal storage systems". Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 30 (7): 464–466. PMID 27622.
  • ^ Izenwasser, S.; Werling, L. L.; Cox, B. M. (1990). "Comparison of the effects of cocaine and other inhibitors of dopamine uptake in rat striatum, nucleus accumbens, olfactory tubercle, and medial prefrontal cortex". Brain Research 520 (1–2): 303–309. doi:10.1016/0006-8993(90)91719-W. PMID 2145054.

Discussions:

Reddit: Amfonelic Acid, anyone - Nootropics

Reddit: The Holy Grail of Bizarrely Psychoactive, Accidental Psychotropics - Amfonelic Acid

Bluelight - amfonelic acid

Bluelight - Amfonelic acid (2)

Bluelight - Amfonelic acid II

Bluelight - Toxicity of Amfonelic acid

Studies:

The effects of amfonelic acid and some other central stimulants on mouse striatal tyramine, dopamine and homovanillic acid [Full PDF free]

Similarity Between (+)-Amphetamine and Amfonelic Acid [Free Full PDF]

Other workers [12,14] showed that although AFA and AMPH released dopamine, they promoted mobilization of dopamine from different pools; AFA preferentially releases the older stored catecholamine while AMPH is dependent on the newly synthesized transmitter.

Further, AFA enhances impulse-induced flow [14]. Another intriguing difference between the two stimulants has also been reported [1]. AFA does not produce aggregate group toxicity in mice, which has been shown for AMPH by many investigators [1, 5, 9].

Prices:

As the Mercedes-Benz of stimulants and due to its difficult synthesis it is very pricey: NewMind: Amfonelic Acid - 1 Gram $88.88 [Out of stock as of posting date]

This looks very interesting.....maybe we could set up a group for this? Looks very promising

#2 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Not really,
Newmind had this for sale and people were tripping ballz on this. Close to ER trippin from what I've heard. It's also hepatotoxic if I recall correctly.
  • unsure x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

I think the the difference between being high as all hell and moderately stimulated is just a matter of dosing.

I've heard newmind might be getting it back in stock in the next few weeks. I've been trying to source custom synthesis, and not gotten anything better than $182.50/g.

But I've been trying to find other high potency DRIs that might be cheaper to synthesize and lack antibiotic properties.

Edited by 3AlarmLampscooter, 04 October 2013 - 11:07 PM.

• like x 3

#4 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

I think the the difference between being high as all hell and moderately stimulated is just a matter of dosing.

I've heard newmind might be getting it back in stock in the next few weeks. I've been trying to source custom synthesis, and not gotten anything better than $182.50/g.

But I've been trying to find other high potency DRIs that might be cheaper to synthesize and lack antibiotic properties.

There aren't many reports out there on this stuff. Aren't effective doses super low? If so, that might not be a terrible price. Good luck finding something something else, and remember to tell us about it if you do.

#5 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

Good luck finding something something else, and remember to tell us about it if you do.

Unfortunately a lot of the highly selective DRIs I've found thus far are exclusively used in humans as radiolabelled forms for brain imaging (Ioflupane, GBR-12935).

DRIs have been shown to induce LTP.

GBR-12909 (Vanoxerine) has been tested in humans to treat cocaine addiction, but was abandoned for adverse interaction with cocaine. It has the strange property of being a combined dopamine reuptake inhibitor and dopamine release inhibitor. GBR-12783 has similar properties, but to my knowledge has not been studied in humans.

Butyltolylquinuclidine is another cocaine addiction treatment candidate that has been used in animal studies.

Benocyclidine certainly looks interesting, and easy to synthesize. It is a PCP derivative that acts as a pure DRI, and has been found as an adulterant in "ecstasy" tablets. Unfortunately I can't find anything on its effects alone.

Altropane is about the only highly potent, long acting DRI that has been through more than phase I clinical trials, and probably looks the most promising out of all.

Unfortunately a lot of DRIs are cocaine analogs, and frequently cocaine-derived. WIN 35428, Cocaethylene and many drugs from the RTI series are selective DRIs, but clearly are going to fall under the federal analog act. Interestingly these DRIs fall on a fairly broad spectrum of reinforcing properties, with many being fairly low.

Most other potent DRIs have some other undesirable property, such as being an antihistamine, AMPA antagonist or significant NE/5-HT reuptake inhibitior. So I'll keep looking...

Also of interest, apparently D2 PAMs are now in development.
  • like x 3

#6 scitris

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

really interesting stuff. At the moment im looking for legal dri's. Some years ago i got methylphenidate prescribed from my doc, but it hasnt the estimated effects. It looked like im a nonrespponder to MP. Do you would think that i could have more luck with other DRIs? I dont like the idea to take a DRAs (=Dopamine releasing agents) like amphetamines besindes that they are often DRIs too. I would like to try a clean DRI, anyone have ideas?

The antibacterial properties of amfonelic acid doesnt suit me very well :/

Edited by scitris, 05 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#7 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Altropane is about the only highly potent, long acting DRI that has been through more than phase I clinical trials, and probably looks the most promising out of all.

From a quick look it seems like most(or all?) of the research on it has been as a diagnostic tool, is that correct? From the wikipedia article, the two citations from this quote: "It is also being investigated for potential use in the diagnosis and treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).[3][", however, both seem to be about diagnostic studies as well.

#8 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

if amfonelic acid has such a low DRI dose, wouldn't the antibacterial effects be minimal? or its a potent antibiotic too?

#9 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:48 AM

This is in stock at Newmind. Be warned, there is no third party CoA provided, no HPLC chromatogram provided, and lastly there is no H-NMR spectra provided; these are all ways of confirming the product is pure that most retailers like Ceretropic, NSN, Nootropics Depot provide for every product. This means there is no way to confirm the product is "≥99%" pure as there website puts it or if it actually is amfonelic acid. I'd avoid this retailer at all costs until they decide to have third party testing of the compound.

With enough pressure from the nootropics community as a whole, Newmind will be forced to use third-party testing or lose their business to retailers who do.

Edited by FW900, 16 June 2014 - 01:08 AM.

• like x 2

#10 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

Im currently on amfonelic acid, it feels suprisingly clean still i find the ne effects lacking and crave another stimulant on top of this, combines nicely with cafeine.

At first i didnt recognise the effects and used alot at once now i know what it feels like and definatly apreciate it, still wont be one of my favorites.

• Needs references x 1

#11 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

hey medievil glad your back, have not seen any posts in a bit.. where do you get the amfonelic from?

#12 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

I was banned for a month as i made a new account, but before that i disappeared of the forum as shizophrenia gave me forum anxiety or something, going to the fora i used to post got unpleasant but i managed to reverse that so hopefully im back for good.

I got it from newmind, i highly recommened it its effects are pretty unique compared to other stims, id like to try it in combo with reboxetine and ephedrine.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1

#13 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

anyone else here still alive from taking amfonelic acid? LOL. I'd like to hear from you all... :-D

• Ill informed x 1

#14 SuperSkinMan

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Im currently on amfonelic acid, it feels suprisingly clean still i find the ne effects lacking and crave another stimulant on top of this, combines nicely with cafeine.

At first i didnt recognise the effects and used alot at once now i know what it feels like and definatly apreciate it, still wont be one of my favorites.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Medievil!  What was the effective dose and method of administration?

#15 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

FYI medevil has been mia for a couple months.. he disappears at times..hopefully he is ok

#16 AOLministrator

• 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:40 AM

Is this shit actually usable for something other than rave parties and nerding about what receptors it messes with? Or is this just yet another not-yet-illegal all-the-wrong-isomers ethylphenidate slash bath salt garbage?

#17 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:05 AM

Try it and report back to me.

#18 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:14 AM

any updates on this. like more people have tried it and reliable places to buy it from? i might test it if you give me good source.

#19 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:15 AM

where are you? newmind nootropics has it for about $168 per gram. If you were to try it, start low. If it was me I'd start at 1mg just to "test" it. If that works for you then 1 gram could last you 1000 days. If there are microgram measuring scales I'd start at microgram dosage. LOL

#20 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

uh thats quite expensive. seriously, it should have been sold in various mg doses to try it out first if i like it and then buy more. why forced to pay so much for a gram with a substance i have absolutely no idea of effect.

#21 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

I was surprised to find it in stock of various RC vendors.

How much of a problem can this antibiotic resistance thing really be?

So its extremely effective by dose and how high do you dose antibiotics in comparison?

#22 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

I think it has antibiotic properties, not "resistance". But I wouldn't use amfonelic acid as an antibiotic. There are better options for antibiotics. I would stick with what amfonelic acid is all about being more potent and safer and legal than meth. LOL.

#23 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

well has anyone here tried amfonelic acid? there doesn't seem to be any feedback, i hope everyone who's tried it is OK.  :-D

#24 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

actually, all who tried it, died

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#25 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

I hope you're not serious. If anyone else here can confirm what's going on with the people who "tried" amfonelic acid if they are OK or what. 

• unsure x 1

#26 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

I hope you're not serious. If anyone else here can confirm what's going on with the people who "tried" amfonelic acid if they are OK or what.

Of course he's not serious. I think only a few members here have tried
Amfonelic acid.
  • Needs references x 1

#27 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

but those who tried it need to report if they are ok, all I know is on reddit, some people aren't into it but no reports have been mentioned of "deaths", even a mouse didn't die from the studies, etc.

Edited by eon, 22 April 2015 - 05:24 AM.

#28 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

why do you care about that one anyway, its really expensive. not worth it.

#29 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

What's with the attitude normalizing? Eon could ask you the same question.

any updates on this. like more people have tried it and reliable places to buy it from? i might test it if you give me good source.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:44 AM

What's with the attitude normalizing? Eon could ask you the same question.

yeh you could have specified the date on that quote. i asked long time ago because i found such expensive sources, and i was like "guys, anything RELIABLE?" then i learned there was none! thats why im curious to ask eon why he cares about this now. its useless!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stimulant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users