* * * * * 1 votes

C60 updates?

c60

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

It seems the discussion on C60 has died down quite a bit. I would be interested in hearing whether people on C60 still experience benefits, what are their thoughts on dosage, timing etc.

#2 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

why are u starting a New thread?
  • dislike x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I think it's valid - there seems to be a distinct slowdown in this forum.

#4 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

I think the slow down is due to the subject being thoroughly discussed with nothing new currently to add but believe most are probably still using C60 with the same results as previously posted. Simply put....nothing new to add.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I agree with Hebbeh on this. There is not a lot of new information at the moment. That doesn't mean that everyone has given up on it. On the contrary, at this point in time, c60-oo is the last thing I'd give up.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#6 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Thank you for opening this thread as the C60 threads are daunting to traverse - Is there a summary of the C60 experience anywhere?

#7 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

FWIW, I've been taking about 7 mg/day for over a year, and into my 4th liter of C60 EVOO, mixed at home. Nothing (at all, really) to report. I like the taste, though.

#8 cuprous

• 170 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

FWIW, I've been taking about 7 mg/day for over a year, and into my 4th liter of C60 EVOO, mixed at home. Nothing (at all, really) to report. I like the taste, though.

May I ask how you decided on that regimen? It seems people are all over the place in regards to dosage. 1mg every other week to fairly high dosing like yourself. I'm always on the lookout for more info as to dosing strategies. My own c60 EVOO batch has just finished mixing.

As a small tip to other mixers I've decided that the best way to determine complete mixing is to see whether the white mixing bar in the magnetic stirrer has anything accumulate on it when it has been taken off the mixer. It's too hard to see if anything has settled on the bottom of the amber glass jar.

#9 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

May I ask how you decided on that regimen? It seems people are all over the place in regards to dosage. 1mg every other week to fairly high dosing like yourself. I'm always on the lookout for more info as to dosing strategies. My own c60 EVOO batch has just finished mixing.

As a small tip to other mixers I've decided that the best way to determine complete mixing is to see whether the white mixing bar in the magnetic stirrer has anything accumulate on it when it has been taken off the mixer. It's too hard to see if anything has settled on the bottom of the amber glass jar.

No particular reasoning. It just seemed like a reasonable amount of OO/day, serving. There's so little support for any level of human dosing, I think it's all just shooting in the dark.

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

No particular reasoning. It just seemed like a reasonable amount of OO/day, serving. There's so little support for any level of human dosing, I think it's all just shooting in the dark.

Some of us have looked at dose response and at effective pharmacokinetics. The minimum dose is quite small; less than a mg/d for a typical adult. People can and do take a lot more, but I'm not convinced that they're getting much more out of it. OTOH, I don't think it hurts to take more.

#11 platypus

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I've been taking some intermittently, 1.5mg-4.5mg in a week approximately. Nothing noteworthy to report. Frankly I'd like to hear more of people's experiences, this is a bit too experimental for my taste :)

#12 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Some of us have looked at dose response and at effective pharmacokinetics. The minimum dose is quite small; less than a mg/d for a typical adult. People can and do take a lot more, but I'm not convinced that they're getting much more out of it. OTOH, I don't think it hurts to take more.

I'm not convinced there's any good data regarding effective or optimal human dosing. I'm also skeptical there's any benefit from it beyond what's inherent in the EVOO.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#13 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I'm not convinced there's any good data regarding effective or optimal human dosing. I'm also skeptical there's any benefit from it beyond what's inherent in the EVOO.

I have seen some very unusual health benefits with C60-OO that in no way could come from a very small amount of EVOO taken days earlier. Then you have all the rats studied and C60, but no EVOO. Then you have the EVOO studies, but without C60.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#14 RJ23_1989

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Same here. When training at maximum effort, it had a profound impact on performance and recovery time for me.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#15 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Are you by any chance healthy, on the young side, and not particularly athletic? If so, you would be the sort of person who isn't likely to feel much from c60. In my case, I've seen major improvements in aerobic ability, a big improvement in my symptoms of postural hypotension (which used to be kind of a problem for me), a cure of my eczema that I'd had for ten years, a spirometrically-measured improvement in my pulmonary function (fev1), and a reduction in the usual amount of upper respiratory infections. There have also been a number of extraordinary reports from members of our community. I guess if I hadn't felt anything from it and discounted what other people were reporting, and "didn't believe" a long term placebo controlled experiment from a respected toxicologist, then I'd be skeptical too.
  • like x 1

#16 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

Are you by any chance healthy, on the young side, and not particularly athletic? If so, you would be the sort of person who isn't likely to feel much from c60. In my case, I've seen major improvements in aerobic ability, a big improvement in my symptoms of postural hypotension (which used to be kind of a problem for me), a cure of my eczema that I'd had for ten years, a spirometrically-measured improvement in my pulmonary function (fev1), and a reduction in the usual amount of upper respiratory infections. There have also been a number of extraordinary reports from members of our community. I guess if I hadn't felt anything from it and discounted what other people were reporting, and "didn't believe" a long term placebo controlled experiment from a respected toxicologist, then I'd be skeptical too.

Perhaps my skepticism is misplaced, but I've witnessed the flow and ebb of several wonder supplements. I'm healthy (I think) and fairly athletic. I've gotten stronger and developed increased endurance while taking C60, but not suddenly or dramatically. And I think it's easy to underestimate the placebo effect.
  • like x 1

#17 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

Perhaps my skepticism is misplaced, but I've witnessed the flow and ebb of several wonder supplements. I'm healthy (I think) and fairly athletic. I've gotten stronger and developed increased endurance while taking C60, but not suddenly or dramatically. And I think it's easy to underestimate the placebo effect.

I have watched the ebb and flow of many supplements for the last 30+ years and some actually worked a lot better than much of the world knew, but many seem to have no effect on me that I could tell. I got some dramatic effects from C60 in the first day or hours that could not be placebo, but they left within hours. Then I saw the burn effects from the torch, which I was not expecting at all.

Lately I got the flu, which I didn't expect since I am around very few people anymore and it must have come in on, or in a package delivered here. I thought it was odd to have the flu, with such a low fever (100) then took some C60 which I had had in days to see if I could boost my energy for the day, or add some energy to get through the flu. The results was no flu and 100 temp 3 or 4 hours later. I went to 97. Not expected and a little shocked at the time it happened. Now I did also take my version of the flu medicine which I have done for years any time I got it, and that was a few thousand IUs of E and 40-50,000 IUs of A plus 2 aspirin(anacin). This routine has served me well every day I have ever had the flu for decades, but it never made it vanish in hours or even a day. It has always seem to make the course of flu milder in the past.

My low grade fever at the start and then going away so quickly, plus the research on C60 and viruses tells me the flu had trouble from the start, because of the C60 left in me, and then gave up so to speak when more was added by me.

I have been taking it for 10 months and slowly getting stronger and stronger, in my every day life, and I was neither healthy nor young to start with. As long as this seems to be going on I will continue it for that sole reason, and the other things are just nice surprises on this C60 journey.

#18 platypus

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thank you niner, impressive results. What is your dosage per week/month btw? Have people noticed a clear dose-response effect?

And I think it's easy to underestimate the placebo effect.

Absolutely! Go and read the 500mg per day resveratrol thread - which ones of the reported positive effects were actual clinical effects of resveratrol?

#19 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thank you niner, impressive results. What is your dosage per week/month btw? Have people noticed a clear dose-response effect?

And I think it's easy to underestimate the placebo effect.

Absolutely! Go and read the 500mg per day resveratrol thread - which ones of the reported positive effects were actual clinical effects of resveratrol?

I take about thirty mg, once a month.

I find the comparison between c60 and resveratrol to be fascinating. The resveratrol craze started on the basis of some yeast results and a "story" of mythological proportion. We waited years for placebo controlled studies in mammals before concluding that while it was an interesting and useful substance, it wasn't likely to significantly extend life in healthy people.

With C60, there was no "story". The first thing we saw was the placebo controlled study in mammals showing dramatic life extension. Most people with experience in the field simply chose not to believe it. If they had bothered to look into the literature on C60 before making their judgement, they might have thought better of it, since Baati was far from the first paper showing unusual biological activity from c60.

The early resveratrol experiences were not entirely placebo effects. They were dominated by the stimulant effects of the other compounds present in the 50% extracts that most people were using. Those of us who used high purity extracts noted anti-inflammatory and other effects, if anything. A careful trial in athletes found some degree of improved endurance, but ultimately none of the effects were particularly earth-shaking. Before too long, reports of tendon problems surfaced. While they were mostly handled by cessation of the drug, some people had long term problems.

In the case of c60, we had pure high quality products from the start, and there were some reports of "throw away the crutches" experiences- three in particular were notable: A case of COPD in a heavy smoker, another with a mitochodrial statin injury, and a third with severe asthma. In all three cases, these were people who couldn't walk a few hundred yards without difficulty, suddenly able to walk or even run with ease. My own case of eczema that I had battled for a decade using topical steroids and other approaches felt like a miracle to me when it lifted. My doctor said "I thought you were going to have that for the rest of your life". Careful athletic testing showed huge changes for the better in trained athletes. It was frankly obvious that this was a compound with profound effect, providing you had suitable health deficits or were athletically trained. To date, the worst negative effect of c60 has been people injuring themselves in the gym from lifting too much because they could blow past their old rep limits. A couple early reports of "kidney pain" turned out to be nothing.

Resveratrol has horrible pharmacokinetics. It is absorbed reasonably well, but is rapidly destroyed by glucuronidation and sulfation. C60 has phenomenal PK. It is absorbed extremely well, since it starts out as a triglyceride, which to the body looks like food. After being hydrolyzed by lipases, the c60-fatty acid adduct is the right size, shape and polarity to become part of a membrane. All the data is consistent with the c60 fatty acid lingering in membranes for a long time, with a half life measured in days or weeks. While resveratrol must be dosed daily at a minimum, c60-oo can be dosed monthly. I've not plumbed the upper limits of c60oo PK, but if you took a very large dose(like Baati's rats), you could probably stretch it out to a year or more.

Finally, compare the media response to resveratrol with their treatment of c60. There were endless stories (and ads) about the "Red Wine Drug" that would miraculously extend your life. Everyone was selling it; you can buy resveratrol at Walmart. With C60, there were a small handful of articles about Baati's extraordinary results, then... Nothing. Crickets chirping. There's no hype or craze that I can detect. There are two major producers of c60-oo, and a few small ones. You can make it yourself, and many of us do. You can't get it at iherb. Certainly not Walmart. C60-oo appears to be spreading mainly by word of mouth. This forum is the only place on the web that has ever had significant or knowledgeable discussion about it.
  • like x 9

#20 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

The cost of putting c60-OO in a gel cap is prohibitive without a ready market. Probably a 100,000 capsule minimum; without a ready market, one would lose money. Anthony seemed interested in marketing the stuff, but lost interest, perhaps for this reason.

#21 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

The cost of putting c60-OO in a gel cap is prohibitive without a ready market. Probably a 100,000 capsule minimum; without a ready market, one would lose money. Anthony seemed interested in marketing the stuff, but lost interest, perhaps for this reason.

SV has posted some market level info for her company but the other major supplier has not and, being US based, probably has a significantly larger volume. I think the biggest road block for a US supplier would be fda nda approval... assuming c60/oo requires it. Having a gelcap product strictly for research purposes and not for human consumption is a little hard to claim with a straight face. But Anthony seems to have a bit of experience getting studies done and may not be as disinterested as you think. On the other hand, SV may be in a better position if her EU approval process is easier.

Another related issue is shelf life. With 100,000 capsule runs, product may sit around for a few years. Or more if the sales volume is too low.

Its not that hard to cap your own, btw. I've tried it with both gelatin and veggie caps and they both work. You can fill them one at a time by hand or 24 at a time in the capsule machine I use. Holds about 1 dropper squeeze per OO-sized cap. They don't leak after filling but you might want to roll the caps around in a paper towel if any oil got on the outside during filling.

Howard

#22 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

Finally, compare the media response to resveratrol with their treatment of c60. There were endless stories (and ads) about the "Red Wine Drug" that would miraculously extend your life. Everyone was selling it; you can buy resveratrol at Walmart. With C60, there were a small handful of articles about Baati's extraordinary results, then... Nothing. Crickets chirping. There's no hype or craze that I can detect. ...

That amazes me too. Especially considering that Wister rats almost always die of cancerous tumors and none of the c60 treated rats did. But that fact was not stated in the study. I think it was reveled by e-mail to one of our forum members. A true skeptic would question if that little detail were really true. I think if it had been revealed more officially, the media would have picked up on it for sure. The paper hinted at a followup with additional post mortem data which they really should follow through with.

Howard

#23 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

snip

Well, Niner thanks for this thoughtful "position reckoning" by comparing resveratrol with C60oo ! You hit the nail on the head.
Among the best things we can do today is, simply "taking care of each other". This means to me: to share our experiences and also to educate each other, without being bigheaded. All in all, I did not see the latter being the case in this forum.
With this in mind, I want to thank all those member who took the time to write down their excact experiences. Representative for all of them I' like to mention PatricM500's reporting.
best MM

ups I forgot to share my experiences:
positive with repect to the gym (reps and regeneration),
"positive" with respect to the danger to overdue it in thy gym and face tendon problems
currently 2 times per week 6 mg 60oo, bought at VW

Edited by markymark, 10 November 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#24 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

I forgot too...

My wife and I are still taking 36 mg in 45 ml of oil once every 2 weeks. And all is well. Our cat still takes 1/2 a teaspoon in her food once every 2 weeks and continues to purr, sleep with one eye open, but fetch and otherwise act like a dog.... just like she did before taking c60.

Howard
  • like x 2

#25 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

I'm quite happy for all those with positive results. I hope my own will prove to be so also, but I still haven't anything dramatic to report. Over the weekend, though, I did get complimented on the quality of my hair, by a dermatologist, no less, FWIW.

#26 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

5 days ago I gave my 15 year old dog 1.5 ml of the carbon60 olive oil. I took 3 ml.

I am not seeing any results just yet, but my dog sure is!

The dog is ailing in all ways: major declines in mobility, digestion, vision, hearing, and cognition. He has hip dysplasia, is severely underweight, is very lumpy and most likely has cancer. He's been doing OK, mostly due to effective pain management, a grain-free nutrient dense diet, and large amounts of bone broth. My criteria for keeping him on board and postponing euthanasia is that he still takes pleasure in life every day and that I'm able to continue taking care of him properly. Lately that has been somewhat hard to determine a lot of the time.

Anyway, 24 hours after he got his first dose of C-6o, he started wagging his tail almost all the time when he is alert. He's walking with a lot more ease, with better balance and strength. He fell near the bottom of the stairs the other night, which normally would freak him out (and me also!) and require help getting up. Instead he righted himself, shook himself off, and marched into the kitchen, wagging his tail vigorously.

His vitality, strength, and overall well-being is markedly increased since he got the C-6o. The effect is VERY pronounced, nothing else was added or changed, and he has been on a steady decline for over a year.

I am impressed, to put it mildly. Everyone else acquainted with the dog has noticed the big improvement in mood and mobility. I have also noticed that his cognition in terms of problem-solving and memory has improved.

I did not expect to actually see improvement in him from the C-6o, certainly not so quickly. Wow!

• like x 3

#27 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Update: My dog got approximately 3 mg of carbon60 olive oil over a 10 day period. His response was remarkable, he clearly became very invigorated. He began taking a lot more risks in terms of his mobility, which didn't work out too well, as he didn't have enough muscle to support some of his activity. This lasted for about 8 days and led to a couple of non-injurious falls. He was able to breech safety barriers and successfully tackle the stairs while I was at work.

I knew that giving this to a very old animal who was enduring multiple disease processes was a long shot, but it was amazing to see the overall increase in his vitality. There were other interventions that had helped him in a similar fashion, those less quickly and strongly. Bone broth was the one that he tolerated the best and had the most consistent effects. I learned a lot through helping him and am certain that most of the things I tried extended and improved the quality of his life. Even without all the life extension tactics, his life force is truly incredible. Due to his personality and familial devotion he would probably never give up.

But his body is done. He has gone into another one of his voluntary fasting phases (maybe a natural therapeutic response to cancer?) which this time is pretty certain to cause kidney failure, as he is already very emaciated. I can't provide him enough care to keep him safe and comfortable. The vet will be coming tomorrow to euthanize him at home with his family. This is all good, though about as difficult an event as I can imagine.

The carbon60 olive oil turned out to be beneficial for me as well. I'll post later on that.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 1

#28 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Update: My dog got approximately 3 mg of carbon60 olive oil over a 10 day period. His response was remarkable, he clearly became very invigorated. He began taking a lot more risks in terms of his mobility, which didn't work out too well, as he didn't have enough muscle to support some of his activity. This lasted for about 8 days and led to a couple of non-injurious falls. He was able to breech safety barriers and successfully tackle the stairs while I was at work.

I knew that giving this to a very old animal who was enduring multiple disease processes was a long shot, but it was amazing to see the overall increase in his vitality. There were other interventions that had helped him in a similar fashion, those less quickly and strongly. Bone broth was the one that he tolerated the best and had the most consistent effects. I learned a lot through helping him and am certain that most of the things I tried extended and improved the quality of his life. Even without all the life extension tactics, his life force is truly incredible. Due to his personality and familial devotion he would probably never give up.

But his body is done. He has gone into another one of his voluntary fasting phases (maybe a natural therapeutic response to cancer?) which this time is pretty certain to cause kidney failure, as he is already very emaciated. I can't provide him enough care to keep him safe and comfortable. The vet will be coming tomorrow to euthanize him at home with his family. This is all good, though about as difficult an event as I can imagine.

The carbon60 olive oil turned out to be beneficial for me as well. I'll post later on that.

I am very sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now.

#29 somecallmetim

• 59 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

I too am sorry about your dog - my condolences to you & your family.

#30 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Myself, wife and son( 23 year old gym rat), have recently had a 3 week break from C60oo.
At the end of the time we all complained of aches, pains and feelings of being rundown.
For my son its probably too much time in the gym, but for myself and wife we just felt old.

Last Saturday we resumed our normal weekly dosing and I'm pleased to report that those complaints have largely gone.
We wont be giving up the C60oo anytime soon.

Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users