piracetam alcar choline

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sshazam

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hello guys

I'm looking for a stack to help with Long and short term memory , motivation and focus for university without going overboard and buying a lot of expensive things. It's my first time trying Nootropics so i'd like to keep it simple for now.

I know Piracetam and Choline are a good source but i'm not sure if adding Alcar will be beneficial as i've heard mixed reviews.

When taking Piracetam , choline and possible ALCAR how should I consume them throughout the day ?
I plan on capping my piracetam but i'm not sure on the Choline since i'll be using 00 capsules.

Thank you for any help.
  • like x 1

#2 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

What sources of choline are you taking? All are very different.

Choline Bitartrate: Cheap, Popular - personally it gives me anxiety/little cognitive enhancement
CDP Choline - One of the best along side Alpha GPC. - CDP Choline gives me a really nice focusing effect and clear headness, as well as thought organization.
Alpha GPC - Haven't tried, but is very expensive
Choline Citrate - Haven't tried.

My opinion is to add ALCAR with your Choline source as ALCAR increases the degree of Acetylcholine Production by donating the acetyl- group to choline, as well as having a lot of benefits on its own. I suggest CDP choline as a choline source because it also can lead to Uridine creation which itself is a very powerful nootropic.

You could cap them but I don't see the point. I just get a digital scale, weigh them, and take them in the morning. Taking any of those things too late in the day keeps me awake at night, but that's just me. I'm sensitive to anything stimulating.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 sshazam

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

What sources of choline are you taking? All are very different.

My opinion is to add ALCAR with your Choline source as ALCAR increases the degree of Acetylcholine Production by donating the acetyl- group to choline, as well as having a lot of benefits on its own. I suggest CDP choline as a choline source because it also can lead to Uridine creation which itself is a very powerful nootropic.

You could cap them but I don't see the point. I just get a digital scale, weigh them, and take them in the morning. Taking any of those things too late in the day keeps me awake at night, but that's just me. I'm sensitive to anything stimulating.

I was thinking of Bitartrate as its cheap.
So I can add some Choline and ALCAR into my coffee and just consume it together ?

Edited by sshazam, 28 November 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#4 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

If you want your coffee to taste like a rotten batch of lemons. ALCAR and Bitartrate taste horrible lol.

I would advise against bitartrate no matter how appealing the cost is. That stuff is just worthless in my opinion.

If you plan on taking these things for the long-term cost shouldn't be much of an issue. What I would do is order a small quantity from some vendor, and if you like it, then contain Chinese wholesalers(alibaba.com or similar sites) and get a larger quantity for literally 50x less of the cost. You'll save a LOT of money doing this in the long run especially if you plan on taking anything consistently.

#5 sshazam

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

If you want your coffee to taste like a rotten batch of lemons. ALCAR and Bitartrate taste horrible lol.

I would advise against bitartrate no matter how appealing the cost is. That stuff is just worthless in my opinion.

If you plan on taking these things for the long-term cost shouldn't be much of an issue. What I would do is order a small quantity from some vendor, and if you like it, then contain Chinese wholesalers(alibaba.com or similar sites) and get a larger quantity for literally 50x less of the cost. You'll save a LOT of money doing this in the long run especially if you plan on taking anything consistently.

I guess the only solution to avoid the taste is to cap it then? How much ALCAR should one consume in one day ? Does it vary ?

My only issue is finding a reputable Chinese wholesaler

#6 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

If capping is not too much work then by all means do it. The taste isn't THAT bad. It's just, not pleasurable. After the first few times its easy to stomach. I'm kinda light stomached but I can manage the taste.

I take 1.5-2g of Alcar, personally. I hear the max a person should go is 4-5g, though I could be wrong.

Reputable Chinese wholesalers are easy to find if you know where to look. I don't intend to advertise, but when I use Alibaba.com, I search for the CAS number and specific item I want. I have an account registered there. I contact the vendors via the site and inquire how much for a KG, with fastest UPS shipping to the USA, etc. On Alibaba I only look at the gold sellers, as they are reputable and verified. There are plenty of them. When you find a vendor you like, if you ask them there is likely many other products you might want that they also carry. Typically they only accept paypal and western union or other similar services, but it varies vendor to vendor. When I am ordering large quantities of things I typically ask for a small sample first, which, with cheap shipping can take up to a 7-30 days to get to the USA. I never have had any problems with ordering things from gold sellers. I just ask them a ton of questions about their product, and make sure I've had the product before to know what to expect.

There are plenty of reputable vendors on that site so feel free to look around.

#7 sshazam

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

I already have Choline as a friend was selling it for cheap.

I'm Stil not sure when I should consume my piracetam , choline and Alcar

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#8 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

First, try piracetam alone without any other noots. Note the effect (if any) over a few days. I'd start with an 800 mg dose in the morning together with breakfast.

Write down any positive or negative effects you experience. If mostly positive, add 800 mg at noon for a few days, and gradually increase until the effects are not positive anymore. Keep up your daily log concerning mood and cognitive effects.

If you do experience a headache, it is fairly safe to assume it is indicative of the need for supplemental choline.

However, a cardinal mistake is to start taking piracetam and choline together and then, when experiencing a headache, assuming it must be due to a lack of choline, and therefore adding more choline... Why? Because for a fair amount of people, supplemental choline is not helpful and can induce muscle stiffness, stiff neck, tension headache and bad mood. I think if you suffer from or have suffered from depression, there is a particularly high likelihood this could be true for you.

So try the piracetam on its own first and see if that works for you. If it does, you likely won't need to add any extra choline. You already get some choline from the diet, for example from meat and eggs. Chances are that if your body needs more choline, you will feel like eating these things. Be attentive of what your body is telling you it needs.

ALCAR is generally synergistic with piracetam, as is fish oil. Start with small doses to assess your response. I would start with 400 mg of ALCAR and see what that does. Then up the dose by 100 mg per time until you feel the effects are too much, then scale back to find the sweet spot.

Edited by Godof Smallthings, 07 December 2013 - 05:04 AM.

• Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users