China arrests 1,300 over fake drugs

group buys powder lab test

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 12 String

• 58 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

China's police on Saturday announced that over 1,300 people have been arrested as suspects involved in illegal drug sales online amid a special crackdown.

Chinese police launched a special combat, including three intensive raids, against illegal online drug sales and sales of fake drugs since June this year and to date police forces in 29 provincial-level regions have closed 140 unlicensed websites and online drug stores, according to a statement by the Ministry of Public Security.

Moreover, police has seized more than nine tonnes of raw materials for fake drug manufacture, the statement said.

The statement said illegal online sellers often use deceptive advertisements to lure buyers and most of the drugs were found to be made of starch or spoiled materials.

Some drugs contained illegal, psychedelic or poisonous ingredients that may harm user's health, it said.

http://www.china.org...nt_30899169.htm

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

A lot of people around here buy a lot of "smart" starch drugs from China. Anyone notice any familiar websites going offline recently?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

I've noticed that the btxa-hafiller "Beauty & Cosmetic" site now has some fda-style language on it that wasn't there before...

CAUTION:
This product is NOT intended to prevent, treat, or cure disease conditions or to affect the structure or function of the body. The sale of this product is restricted to research applications ONLY. This product is NOT for human consumption. This product can be harmful if ingested. Picture may differ from actual product.

Howard

#4 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Makes me wonder how many nootropic / supplement shops that buy their stuff in china actually test it by an independent lab...

#5 Sun Nootropic

• 102 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

serach the key word trench oil in China or Chinese trench oil, you all will be astonished

#6 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

Oh wow, does the article list the chinese suppliers? I know a lot of people order bulk powder from china instead of going through a vendor.

#7 Colour

• 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

I couldn't find trench oil information, much less do I know what it is ha. Direct me pl0x.

#8 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

I couldn't find trench oil information, much less do I know what it is ha. Direct me pl0x.

Trench oil is used and discarded oil. Could be used and discarded cooking oil or could be used motor oil. They collect used oils of any kind found in the trash and even strain used oils out of the sewer system then sell them for cooking oil to be used in the cheap sidewalk food shops. Probably works good for frying sewer rats that seem to be so common there. Probably would go well with road kill also.

#9 Sun Nootropic

• 102 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

Hebbth is all right about trench oil, it comes from many forms, it is very dirty and worse, but people use it to cook or to fry food

#10 Colour

• 86 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Are there any dangers of this oil? We should do this in the US :)

Edited by Colour, 30 December 2013 - 03:43 PM.

• dislike x 1

#11 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Here's what looks like an auto-translated article about it... its a little rough reading:

http://www.64tianwan...7970-page-1.htm

I get the idea that the scandal involves mostly restaurants in China giving their used cooking oil to unlicensed recyclers who filter it minimally and then resell it as fresh cooking oil. I think fried chicken chains in the US typically re-filter their oil a fixed number of times in-house before also disposing of it with recyclers. At least that was the practice when I worked in one in my youth. I think in the US it mostly gets recycled into industrial usages like motor oil and lubricants. But I don't know that for a fact. I would hope that if used cooking oil were recycled back into anything edible, or even into a fuel, that carcinogenic combustion products were removed first.

Howard

Edited by hav, 30 December 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#12 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Changsha, capital of Hunan province, like almost all cities in China, does not supply potable water in the municipal water system. Safe for bathing, maybe. Everyone boils water for cooking or drinking, or buys bottled. Two years ago, there were arrests of people for filtering the city water, removing the oil in it, and selling it for cooking oil. That their facility used so much water seems to be what lead to the investigation.

Anyone who buys bulk from an unknown Chinese supplier, must test it, crazy not to. But consider that 90% of supplements are ultimately made in China. They have some very fine facilities as well as cheats. The FDA requires once-a-year testing of any single item a company purchases, even if 10 or 100 separate lots are shipped. It's called skip-lot testing. If you sell to the public and you are not FDA registered and occasionally inspected, you get shut down. It's not a perfect system, but it stops a log of bad stuff.

Used cooking oil in the US is sold profitably to recyclers for bio-diesel. That's why trucks sometimes smell like french fries.

#13 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

Here's the first 2 articles that popped up when googling "china trench oil sewer". There's dozens more like them. I just did a quick scan but the second link mentions...

Organic food sales have taken off in China after a series of safety scares, including the disclosure that one in 10 meals is cooked using oil dredged from the sewer.

In April, a man was caught in broad daylight collecting oil at a sewer in Zhengzhou, Henan province, which he admitted intending to sell to street food vendors for 300 yuan a barrel.

The first link mentions...

In a video posted on AlterNet, produced by Radio Free Asia, a woman is shown pulling slop out of the sewer, scooping up globs of crud into a bucket. “Her slop eventually winds up in a processing plant like this one,” says the narrator, the screen showing a bubbling vat, “where its combined with other animal fat refuse to create recycled cooking oil.”

http://www.fromthetr...oking-oil/63712

http://www.telegraph...rom-sewers.html

Edited by Hebbeh, 31 December 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#14 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

90% of everything you buy is made in china, from products made by companies like Lenovo / IBM to Microsoft.
Do not be put off from buying anything from china. China gets a bad name, but they have just as good if not better quality products than the UK or USA.

however i would not buy from Alibaba, globalsources or any other Chinese online B2B / Business 2 Business. One massive Rule when buying from china, is to inspect the complany in person or to have inspectors to inspect the company for you.

When buying from china you need to meet them face to face, how can you conduct business and buy chemicals from some Unknown person Online from China ? lol. Stay away from all Chinese companies, unless you have a person in china conducting business for you.

China gets a bad name, but its not all of china.. ITS ONLINE people, in china.
Did you notice how the article only said '' Online Sales'.
Which means alibaba and every other website that sells chemicals at 90% less price than it should be.

I also think the website selling Modafinil for like £5 a pack should get shut down soon.
Modafinil costs £1 per pill, even prescribed, so how can a company sell it for £5 a pack ? lol.
I personally think the article meant fake businesses who run websites like United Pharmacies who are selling Prescribed drugs which are obviously fake.

Edited by CommonSense, 05 February 2014 - 12:02 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#15 PuertoO

• 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

I think you need to be careful when you buy.

Often times, if the price is too good to be true its fake.

Edited by PuertoO, 05 February 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: group buys, powder, lab test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users