• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The Church of Perpetual Life, a church whose goal is to hasten the defeat of aging!

church religion the creator god church of perpetual life church of immortalism church of immortality indefinite lifespans bill faloon ben best

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'm hooked, what do you guys think? Here's the first mass:

Christmas Eve Mass Pt. 1:

It's pretty cool to have a church like this IMO. They say it's not a replacement for your regular church, but I find it alot more interesting.

#2 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

Some are interested in supplements and related health issues because they want to be healthy and live a long and good life. For others, supplements are their only hope to escape the worm and decay as long as possible. Still others take their supplements “religiously,” thinking it will bring them eternal life. It is a church for them and they play church. Simple isn’t it?

I like Faloon and Life Extension which I have been a member of for quite sometime. However, I am in the first group. I fear 100 years from now, Mr. Faloon like the rest of us will be dead. Is this all there is?

#3 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

It's a church with a distinct mode of outreach. They're benefit to society is helping people live longer and in better health. People might otherwise die.

100 years from now, Mr. Faloon won't be dead. I imagine he has signed up for cryonics and fully paid being that he puts his money where his mouth is and his partner was a co-founder of Alcor. So not dead, just vitrified (sorta like being frozen) and awaiting restoration. I've never seen a church concentrate on health in this way except maybe Scientology. But IIRC some of their treatments can hurt people. He also isn't trying to replace anyone's religion, so you can go to his church and still be a member of your church. You don't have to isolate yourself and you'll be enabled to spread the good news that saves lives medically. Given the aging population, we need more of this kind of thing. How many people die unnecessarily?

I haven't seen anything I don't like, and lots of people here like the kind of information that he propagates and spend their time discussing similar. If you wanted your kids or family to share those life extending hobbies, it would be a good place to take them.

#4 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

It's a church with a distinct mode of outreach. They're benefit to society is helping people live longer and in better health. People might otherwise die.

100 years from now, Mr. Faloon won't be dead. I imagine he has signed up for cryonics and fully paid being that he puts his money where his mouth is and his partner was a co-founder of Alcor. So not dead, just vitrified (sorta like being frozen) and awaiting restoration. I've never seen a church concentrate on health in this way except maybe Scientology. But IIRC some of their treatments can hurt people. He also isn't trying to replace anyone's religion, so you can go to his church and still be a member of your church. You don't have to isolate yourself and you'll be enabled to spread the good news that saves lives medically. Given the aging population, we need more of this kind of thing. How many people die unnecessarily?

I haven't seen anything I don't like, and lots of people here like the kind of information that he propagates and spend their time discussing similar. If you wanted your kids or family to share those life extending hobbies, it would be a good place to take them.

Show me someone who hasn’t died? When you do I will be interested.

Being a paid up cryonics member does not mean you won’t die, you are just as good as dead and your hope is that someone or something does not pull the plug or that you didn’t pay your good money to a scam artist or a later scam artist does not run off with all the money. A natural disaster perhaps or political instability could intervene. Being frozen is life?

Dainties Inferno says that in the very pits of Hell, everyone is frozen. However it is simple. The iceman, extreme isolation. That's hell. Most Churches I know, take care of the living.

To each his own.

#5 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

Being frozen means to a cryonicist that we're in an ametabolic coma. We're alive and waiting for reanimation and repair. Though I haven't read Dante's Inferno, I think I understand what you're saying. Anyways, I imagine a church in the indefinite lifespans would respect the ametabolic coma patients as living people who are metabolicly challenged. I think I read something like that of another non-church cryonics organization.

#6 Deep Thought

• 224 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Isn't Florida located in the bible belt?

#7 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Not sure, but it looks like it is. the lower tip of FL is apparently out of the bible belt from a quick look at some unofficial maps.

#8 Deep Thought

• 224 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

Thanks, could've looked it up myself. I must stop being lazy.

I'll make a new thread about it, instead of derailing yours.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: church, religion, the creator, god, church of perpetual life, church of immortalism, church of immortality, indefinite lifespans, bill faloon, ben best

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users