GuestEditors

longecity editors

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Become LongeCity Guest Editor for a month in 2014?

Guest editors:

• scheme open to Members only - Registered Users may apply but must become Members before they are appointed
  • don't have to 'edit' - they can make a contribution in any form(s) they like. Usually this will be things like: managing content, sharing videos & articles, commissioning guest articles and features, conducting interviews, book & film reviews, chaperoning good forum discussions, organising events, linking people - generally, the lead for that month should leave a lasting contribution at LongeCity.
  • are asked to present a 'manifesto' when applying. This is a list of things they are aiming to do while in office.
  • become members of leadership- they must agree to the leadership pledge and disclose the real name and contact details to the board
  • are super -moderators. This is to help them in shaping forum content during their tenure. If they moderate, they have the same reporting requirements as other mods and are asked to tread lightly outside of their chosen 'project purview'
  • are given a budget of maximum $800 to spend. Expenditures must go via the Treasurer or President who should do a quick review for appropriateness. Anything that was in the agreed manifesto is normally appropriate.
  • can spend up to $300 of their budget on themselves to cover their expenses. A higher figure can be agreed if there is good reason.
  • are appointed for a month. Last 5 days of the month are spend in handover/reporting.
  • post a short report at the end of their stint in the Members section.

At this point, we are seeking expressions of interest from Members and affiliates.

Attached File  rad06.png   13.46KB   1 downloads

Please post below:

- if you are interested in taking on the role (and in which month(s))
- what you would aim to focus on during your tenure
- any questions

Edited by YOLF, 13 February 2015 - 03:59 AM.
missing letter

• like x 1

#2 YOLF

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

I'm interested. I'd focus on producing a/v media to accompany other media or adding enriched graphics.
  • like x 1

#3 hevok

• 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

I am definitely interested in taking a role. This April would fit best for me.
I like to focus on the application of advanced information technologies on research, education and advocacy in order to solve aging.
  • like x 1

#4 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

I am a huge fan of Longecity! What I really love about this community is the intelligent, helpful discussions I have consistently here.

I'd be interested in being a guest editor in the coming months Q1 or Q2 of 2014, my aim would be to monitor the community closely to see what are the popular topics of conversation and create video content synopsizing these

A few things that I think may qualify me as a guest editor:
  • like x 2

#5 to age or not to age

• 151 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

I am new to Longecity. I tried to register a couple of years ago and finally became a member several days ago.
I posted part one of my interview with Dr. David SInclair on the Sinclair strikes again thread. As I explained to
"Mind" - as a film director, I been filming many of the major researchers for over 7 years, and made "To Age or Not to Age"
which played theatrically in NYC in 2010. I have more than a hundred hrs of footage, I can easily post a number of
small bits - anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes on a number of topics. This venue might allow me to post technical
bits of interviews, not normally interesting to the general public. I am impressed with the discussions at Longecity and
the diversity of its membership. I came upon this new science by chance in 2006 - my last film was about the structure
and methodology of the news media ""Orwell Rolls In His Grave" - but I have become conversant, and
grown to know a number of the scientists personally. I continue to film cutting edge material as part of a series I am
developing. Importantly, I have come to understand that this science is "a moving target" with major questions, including
implications, barely understood. I will post a 2nd part of my SInclair interview now in that thread; maybe I can be helpful to your goals. If I post in the audio visual section, I would include a short paragraph to orient the viewer.
  • like x 2

#6 LizParrish

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

I would be interested in serving in August and would focus on longevity sciences and the SENS conference. I would like to use the budget to pay for attending the SENS conference in California and keep an ongoing update of the technology and private interview/podcasts I might be able to get while there. You can fid my podcasts in iTunes at BioTrove Podcasts.

#7 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:23 AM

Hi!  It's 2015 now but I'd be interested in this.  If you're still doing it please message me and I'll respond with a manifesto.

#8 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

I wish I could afford to become a member.

#9 YOLF

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

Membership options:

You're welcome to get the $25 membership

You can spend $300 of the guest editor grant on yourself, you could reimburse yourself or have the membership taken out of this portion.

You have 330 TY points. You can buy a free membership with 500 TY points. You get one TY point per welcome post in the introduce yourself forum, points for blog posts, file uploads, long forum posts, when people like your posts or rate your profile. You also get a fraction of a point when you rate people with the nuanced feedback. You can do that 3 times per day. If you start hosting hangouts or something like that, I'll give you the points you need as a reward.

• Informative x 1

#10 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

Thx Yolf

$300 for myself?  That doesn't seem right?  Surely that money is for personal expenses incurred doing duty as an editor?

Hangouts??

I'm certainly interested.

#11 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

The $300 is a stipend. It is kind-of like a free-lance writer position. You produce some QUALITY content for LongeCity, you get the money.

#12 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

Ok so how do we apply exactly, do we just post the manifesto here or do we message someone?

#13 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Ok so how do we apply exactly, do we just post the manifesto here or do we message someone?

Yes. Please take a look at the first post in the thread and then post how you would enhance the quality of LongeCity content.

#14 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:01 PM

OK I will put together a plan and post it soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: longecity, editors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users