* * * * * 1 votes

PRL-8-53 User feedback

prl-8-53 coluracetam

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 matter_of_time

• 135 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Since the other topics are dead or hijacked buy a group buy I have decide the world needs thread about the effects of PRL-8-53 alone.

I am using PRL for one week now and must see that I am very satisfied with the overall effects. Until now I don't experience any negatives.

I loved to hear some other experiences as well.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#2 SableDoveSays

• 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

I'm three days in, taking about 12 mg orally with no negative side effects. I tied it sublingual on day 2 and, as others have reported, it burned then made my mouth go numb. It was a horrible, disturbing chemical taste. I'm not sure how to get around that.

I haven't done any dual N back training or anything yet because I'm so busy with my grad school classes. We'll see how it goes with the information I'm currently trying to digest.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

I just finished my winter session of exams. Not many mathematical subjects sadly, mainly the literary based subjects this time. I have always used nootropics chronically but the effects of coluracetam and PRL-8-53 were at least one level better than I have previously managed to achieve.

Biggest positive gains were seen in following areas:
  • mental stamina
  • reading speed
  • understanding and remembering abstract concept s (ideas presented over numerous pages of lecture notes)
  • more coherent reading comprehension
  • maybe better WM (see below)
I have used PRL-8-53 (5-7mg) + coluracetam (10mg) over 2 months on 5 days on 2 off schedule for over 2 months now. At least in case of my N=1 experiment the effects haven't faded rather I might subjectively argue for cumulative pro-cognitive effects. I did some dual-n-back testing 2 weeks into coluracetam + PRL-8-53 and had some limited (15-20%) improvement over my previous long term plateau at dual-3-back. PRL-8-53 and C60 are the only substances that have resulted in improvements in my poor poor WM performance when I use improvements in dual-n-back score as criteria.

All in all I would like to thank user ScienceGuy, who managed and leaded the group buy effort that created market incentive for private nootropic vendors to offer this somewhat exotic substance.

Edited by mait, 26 January 2014 - 10:32 PM.

• Informative x 1

#4 JustAMan

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

(cut)
I have used PRL-8-53 (5-7mg) + coluracetam (10mg) over 2 months on 5 days on 2 off schedule for over 2 months now.
(cut)

Have you been taking these orally or sublingually? Also, how much do you weigh?

#5 matter_of_time

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

I think is the best nootropic for programming. It makes very complex projects much easier to handle. Especially logical thinking is improved.

I thought it has some anti-depressant properties as well, but I think it just enhance living in the moment. When you focus on this around you, it is easier to appreciate what you see around you happening.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#6 cylack

• 69 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

OK, so I ordered a small 250 mg vial from Newstar. I just got it in and I'm going to take just 5 mg a day like the participants in Hansl and Mead's trial from 1978 (Psychomacology 56, 249-253 (1978) "PRL-8-53" Enhanced Learning and Subsequent Retention in Humans as a Result of Low Oral Doses of New Psychotropic Agent." This paper, as far as I can tell, doesn't mention how long the participants took the PRL-8-53. Does anyone know?

BTW, how are people ingesting this? 5 mg is so tiny in that small blue scoop that Newstar gives. Today I just put the scoop directly into mouth and chased with water.
  • like x 1

#7 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Nobody else ? It seems so interresting!

#8 brandonbanks

• 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

What methods did you use to test cognitive abilities/memory? Interested in obtaining some and conducting some tests on myself.

#9 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

OK, so I ordered a small 250 mg vial from Newstar. I just got it in and I'm going to take just 5 mg a day like the participants in Hansl and Mead's trial from 1978 (Psychomacology 56, 249-253 (1978) "PRL-8-53" Enhanced Learning and Subsequent Retention in Humans as a Result of Low Oral Doses of New Psychotropic Agent." This paper, as far as I can tell, doesn't mention how long the participants took the PRL-8-53. Does anyone know?

BTW, how are people ingesting this? 5 mg is so tiny in that small blue scoop that Newstar gives. Today I just put the scoop directly into mouth and chased with water.

the participants in that study took it 1 time. i measure out 5-10mg on my mg scale, put it on my tongue and chase with water. you can't measure amounts this small with scoops. Those blue scoops are beyond useless. I've compared them with the scale and the amounts vary wildly

#10 cylack

• 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Do you know how long they took it (weeks, months)?

#11 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

Once.

Dr. Hansl took it for his whole life though.

#12 cylack

• 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

Wow, that's amazing they got such good results from 1 single 5 mg dose.

#13 karoshi

• 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

PRL-8-53 smells like organic solvents?

#14 Kahnetic

• 38 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

Wondering if anyone has any experience having this compound shipped to Australia? Any issues arise? I don't have any research credentials whatsoever is this likely to be a problem?

#15 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

Once.

Is this true? Did the inventor really take it throughout his entire life?? If so, that is amazing. Do you have a source for this claim?

#16 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

In my expirence 1 to 2 micro scoop is close enough. They each weight around 2 - 3mg. However, a few times I got 4mg when I pick up a small ball. So perhaps you may want to crush it to get a more constant weight.

I have drank it and use it sublingualy, and as other users I notice a much greater effects using it sublingual.

Once.

Nattzor,
how do you know he took PRL 8-53?
if the inventor of PRL 8-53 & 8-147 was taking PRL 8-53, then does it mean that 8-53 is better then 8-147?
if so then perhaps we shouldn't waste our time looking for PRL 8-147?
have you heard anything from Dr. Hansl family about getting his files?

Mine did smell like a solvent. I got it from Newstar Nootropics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My expirence so far:

Positive:
Alert
some motivation
increase in energy
memory seems ok not much for short term, I just begin my test on long term memory.

Negative:
Tiredness when you take to much or you made choose a bad combo.
Headaches for the same reasons as above.
tricky to measure
numb mouth after taking it sublingualy.

Combos:
Sunifiram + PRL :=
Was a good expirence, it made everything sunnier and I felt more awake. Seems that I need I more choline then before, but I'm not sure I have recently change my diet.

Coluracetam + PRL :=
It was Okay, but I pefer PRL with sunifiram. I most note that I prefer sunifiram overall, so there may be a bias there.

Sunifiram + PRL + Coluracetam :=
Not much change from Sunifiram + PRL.

PRL + Selegiline :=
Didn't notice much, perhaps some extra boost in energy.

Pramiracetam + PRL :=
Worst idea ever. Was ok at the begining, but then I just crash. It felt as if I had taken a larger does of prami even do I only took around 50mg. It also gave me a headached and I became very tierd.

PRL(morning) + PRL(mid-day) :=
An other baaaddd idea. 2 dose of PRL in one day. Similar to pramiracetam, well may be a little worst, it gave me trouble headaches and I became very tired. So yes just stick with one dose of this thing.

Edited by noot_in_the_sky, 04 February 2014 - 05:31 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 1

#17 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Is this true? Did the inventor really take it throughout his entire life?? If so, that is amazing. Do you have a source for this claim?

Yupp, I'm talking to a relative of his, so that's my source.

Nattzor,
how do you know he took PRL 8-53?
if the inventor of PRL 8-53 & 8-147 was taking PRL 8-53, then does it mean that 8-53 is better then 8-147?
if so then perhaps we shouldn't waste our time looking for PRL 8-147?
have you heard anything from Dr. Hansl family about getting his files?

First of all, please stop messing the text up with colours, italic, bold, etc, it's really annoying and feels like everyone assumes that everyone else is retarded.

I am not sure why he took 8-53 over 8-147, I will ask. But I'm guessing the answer will be something like "idk" or "Easier to synthesise". 8-147 did better in the studies/tests according to my source.
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#18 karoshi

• 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

Mine did smell like a solvent. I got it from Newstar Nootropics.

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit relieved to hear that.

-------------------------
About Newstar's tiny blue scoop.
I measure a level scoopful of PRL-8-53 everytime. It shows from 2.8mg to 3.3mg. It never gets over 4mg.

Does everyone measure it in one scoop of heaping?

#19 Beynini-Zikiyim

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

i fucked up all my exams since im interested and take those shit..i became a nootropic freak..no fucking improvements in any shit..this is all bullshit..i will at least try c-16 pkr inhibitor before i fucking end this torture to myself...i tried prl off and on with ciltep,colu,noopept,phenylpiracetam,sunifiram,uridinemonophosphat etc. pipapo..no fucking way its an improve in any shit..i was much more successful in all things i do before i started taking those crappy substances..this is a shitty illusion which doesnt work people!!!..im sorry to tell you this..but it is the ultimate truth about such drugs..they are not inducing the genius out of you,but if u have some issues with your brain they may just a tiny bit help you..but then you are still not healed or "intelligent" or whatever..you will be disappointed in any way and be more and more skeptical over time, while you are still increasing dosages and all,until you decide to not deceive yourself anymore and stop taking them.you will sooner or later admit it and clearly see it...all what now say is just a crappy story for you i can sense it...your fuckin brains are the most complex organs u have and there are and will be no substances that could improve allover brainhealth before fucking up something else in it..think about a whore that fucks with 100man a day for money and her pussy is already like the boots you wear your foot in;could this whore be ever virgin and enjoy sex again?

Edited by Beynini-Zikiyim, 06 February 2014 - 12:31 AM.

• dislike x 20
  • like x 4
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Agree x 1

#20 allstargajo

• 50 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image
  • like x 13
  • Enjoying the show x 4
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#21 deadkenny64

• 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Something about putting your foot in a whore's pussy?
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Informative x 1

#22 nells

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

LOL weirdest post on this forum

#23 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

not sure that analogy is particularly apt
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#24 Chris Malone

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

Wondering if anyone has any experience having this compound shipped to Australia? Any issues arise? I don't have any research credentials whatsoever is this likely to be a problem?

Got a 500MG vial from NSN just fine.
There was a note from customs saying they had inspected it and found it to be ok. I had a bunch of other things in the order though (including Idra-21).

#25 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

Don't know which is funnier: Beynini's hysterics, or SocialPirahna's follow up commentary! Too rich.

#26 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

I think his foot actually went in his mouth.

#27 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

he's got 2 posts, i can just imagine how that played out, "ok i've been slurkin around on this forum for a couple years without joining but this analogy is just too good to keep to myself" .......baaaarp game over
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#28 tobicles

• 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Does anyone know the solubility of PRL-8-53 in water, alcohol or proplyene glycol?

#29 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

vapage?!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 tobicles

• 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

God no, I just wantvto know what to dissolve in for accurate and easy oral / sublingual dosing. Don't really want to waste it testing of someone already knows

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prl-8-53, coluracetam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users