• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Taking ideas for LongeCity Videos in these areas and Call for volunteer voice talent

art team media team commercials podcasts volunteers webcasts promo videos advertising nootropic reviews

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

Example (Pretty much done, just need to figure out where to get the official font):

So here's what I want to create:

For the LC youtube Channel:
- An openner and closer for interviews and other LC news
- A segment opener for each LC Team (Folding@Home, Art/Media Team, C60@Home, Engineering Team, are there any others?)
- Openners and closers (video headers and subheaders) on Subjects to match various topics including
Community:
Action!:
BioScience Health & Nutrition (this forum is looking a little cobbled, I'm wondering if BioScience and Health & Nutrition shoudn't be separate forums)
Science & Technology
Round Table

A commercial that spreads word of LongeCity's existence as a place to learn about indefenite lifespans and cognitive enhancement.
I'd also like to make sure that these categories are as relevant as possible and don't need to be changed.

These videos would be made available to volunteer reporters and/or podcasters in a convenient for them format TBD

I may also contact LC advertisers and ask them how our self promotion might doubly improve their advertising. So I'd definitely like to hear from our sponsors and advertisers if they are paying attention.

What I need from the community - if you can volunteer, please send me a personal message or post in this thread asking me to message you.
Volunteer voice talent
Brainstorming for the various pieces, what are they going to say?
A volunteer second unit would be great, someone with a camera and access to volunteers to help shoot content for commercials
Volunteer reporters to report on longecity events or interview people locally for us

Example:
For instance, one thing I'm going to make is a video where the word LongeCity.org comes together with some cool techno effects with a voice over saying in a deep voice doing the following variants:
"Longecity (lŏn-jĕs′ĭ-tē), the acceleration of longevity"
"Longecity (lŏn-jĕs′ĭ-tē), accelerating progress in longevity"
"Longecity (lŏn-jĕs′ĭ-tē), a city of activists for healthy longevity"
"Longecity (lŏn-jĕs′ĭ-tē), the city of indefinite youthful health"

I will also place it on screen to appear as:

Longecity (lŏn-jĕs′ĭ-tē), n,
  • the acceleration of longevity science: "he studied with longecity"
  • accelerating progress in longevity: "her research in mice lead to longecity"
  • the community of activists for healthy longevity: "We're members/citizens of LongeCity"
  • the city of indefinite youthful health: "Are you going to longecity today?"
  • the lifestyle of living an indefinite continuance of life: "Hers/His is an existence of longecity"
Please feel free to make suggestions or volunteer your talents.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 14 March 2014 - 02:37 AM.

• like x 1

#2 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Here's a WIP. If anyone knows what the official LC font is, let me know. I don't seem to have it on my machine.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 09 March 2014 - 01:04 AM.

• like x 2

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

I could probably help out with some of the explanatory videos.
  • like x 1

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Synergies with this opportunity: http://www.longecity...ng-opportunity/
  • like x 1

#5 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

Nootropic reviews would be cool.

#6 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Synergies with this opportunity: http://www.longecity...ng-opportunity/

I can definitely make that happen. We just need to get a TV and a device to play the video. If we go Blu ray, I don't have a burner, so we'll either need to get one or find someone with one. We might also consider playing the documentary film or segments from it.

#7 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

Nootropic reviews would be cool.

This is another thing I'd definitely like to do. We could also see if someone wants to sponsor the videos. We'd of course brand each video with LongeCity's logo and give the sponsor a 15 second ad at the beginning and end. These are something the sponsor would be able to put on their website and promote off site. I'm thinking they could be worth a TBD four digit figure for a single sponsorship for all videos and we could let vendors bid for it on our ebay store or offer it to cooperative of noot sellers in return for a perpetual banner on their sites. Though I think the best idea might be to give the noot seller a chance to be the guy on the video talking about the noots. If they needed a commercial produced, my regular production rates would apply and a HD version of it rendered for TV distribution with a short bit on finding out more about nootropics and LE at LongeCity.org/tv would be included and delivered to Comcast Spotlight on their behalf so they can use it in other mediums. We'd give them an ad on the /tv page so it wouldn't cause them a loss of business and use a QR code in the video to increase the number of people going to the /tv page where their ad was. We'd also give them a front page ad for any month they could show they purchased TV time (as it benefits us too) This is shaping up to be a great fundraising opportunity.

We could use the same model for supplements aimed at life extension and cover those bases also.

Added a video to the first post.

#8 littlebird

• 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

I have a fantastic radio voice and have done commentary on NPR and other radio networks. Would love to assist!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art team, media team, commercials, podcasts, volunteers, webcasts, promo videos, advertising, nootropic reviews

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users