- - - - -

Centrophenoxine CHEMICAL taste??

centrophenoxine nootropics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

About a month or so ago I purchased 50g of centrophenoxine from New Star Nootropics. I've ordered from them on several occasions and have never had an issue with their products. This centro, however, stood out to me because it has an overpowering chemical taste. I have done both a forum search and a google search, and I cannot pin down a single other discussion that describes the taste as chemical so I am now very afraid to continue its use.

I have come across people describing the taste as "vile" (this is somewhat nebulous), "bitter", "tart", and even like aspartame. But not chemically or chemical-like. I am concerned that the substance(s) used to produce this particular batch is toxic, and that continued use could be detrimental.

I've not experienced any gastrointestinal distress and there is no apparent mental fallout, but that does not mean that sustained use won't harm me (assuming it contains a harmful adulterant).

Those of you familiar with centro's taste, would you describe it as CHEMICAL?

Yes, it does taste "bad" and "vile" and any other term captured under this umbrella. But unlike pramiracetam, which is also quite putrid, this centro has a distinct CHEMICAL taste separate and apart from its pungent awfulness. It's like taking a bad-tasting thing...and then pouring bleach over it.

Has anyone else experienced this chemical taste?

Edited by blueenigma, 29 March 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#2 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Vile is exactly how I would discribe the taste of Centrophenoxine. I doubt you received a bad product.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

you getting any benefit from the centro? never tried that one

#4 blueenigma

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Vile is exactly how I would discribe the taste of Centrophenoxine. I doubt you received a bad product.

Have you also experienced a mild burning of the mouth? Not terrible, but very much there. Also, I very much like New Star and everything I've purchased from them has been satisfactory. What I plan to do is buy another jar from a different supplier and compare.

#5 blueenigma

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

you getting any benefit from the centro? never tried that one

So far, I've not had any standout benefits, but I plan to take centro to the exclusion of all others for four days to see if I can pick up on anything. So far, I've always taken centro with Piracetam or stacked with other compounds, so its individual effects are difficult, if not impossible, to tease out. I bought the centro to promote better memory retention and recall but the improvements I do see could be soley the result of other nootropics, or a synergy effect with centro. I'll start my isolated trial of centro next week, although I imagine even after stopping all other supplements, there still might be residual. I dislike the idea of quitting all nootropics for an extended period before starting centro.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#6 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

Yeah I was dumb enough to take it sublingually a couple of times. YOW! I ordered my Centrophenoxine from Cerebral Health btw.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: centrophenoxine, nootropics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users