• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Nefiracetam abolishes positive symptoms of schizofrenia(?)

alpha-7-nicotinic pam

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

I have a close friend who was diagnosed with schizophrenia. She told me about her positive symptoms. I felt sorry for her and suggested trying nefiracetam. I ordered some from NSN. Once it arrived I told her to measure out 250mg on my  scale and try it out. Within 10-15 min she told me her positive symptoms went away. I was wondering if anyone else has had success with nefiracetam for schizophrenia? 

#2 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

I have a thread about this, trial didn't went so well. After Nefi gets out of the system, positive symptoms return.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

I don't suffer from schizophrenia but I have some negative schizophrenia symptoms and nefiracetam gave me huge relief every time I tried it. The risk for testicular cancer put me off though and I suspect tolerance would develop pretty quickly. 

Galantamine is an alpha-7-nicotinic agonist as well and IME extremely good for cognition.
I wonder if tolerance might be a lesser issue with galantine, as it's supposed to be a positive allosteric modulator..

Btw, you're really talking about a friend or are you only saying that so as to not soil your professional reputation, now that you're dealing in nootropics? :-D

Edited by lourdaud, 04 June 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#4 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

I have a thread about this, trial didn't went so well. After Nefi gets out of the system, positive symptoms return.

So, it did work? 

I'm looking at noopept and think it may have therapeutic effects due to having a glycine structure and this affecting hypoactive NMDA receptors. Just a though. It's pretty much the cheapest racetam also. Personally I'd combine Piracetam and Noopept to have more active NMDA receptors. 

I don't suffer from schizophrenia but I have some negative schizophrenia symptoms and nefiracetam gave me huge relief every time I tried it. The risk for testicular cancer put me off though and I suspect tolerance would develop pretty quickly. 

Galantamine is an alpha-7-nicotinic agonist as well and IME extremely good for cognition.
I wonder if tolerance might be a lesser issue with galantine, as it's supposed to be a positive allosteric modulator..

Btw, you're really talking about a friend or are you only saying that so as to not soil your professional reputation, now that you're dealing in nootropics? :-D

Well, I already have a bad rep as it is lol. And no, it's for a friend. 

#5 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

There have been some reports about it indeed. Maybe get your friend some Sarcosine or Glycine, see how that fairs?

#6 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

So, it did work? 

No, it masked the positive symptoms while it was still in my system. That's a better way to put it, as Nefi has a short half-life and tolerance occurs quite fast.

#7 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Nefiracetam also in my case abolished positive symtions induced by amphetamine, i never had positives without i posted about this in the past.

Its a extremely strong substance for those suffering from shizophrenia.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

I'd also check out Noopept given its glycine structure attached to it. I believe it modulates NMDA channels in a positive manner. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alpha-7-nicotinic, pam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users