Piracetam + Adaptogens + few others

piracetam adaptogens gincosan

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nootsz

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

I have my usual stack that has piracetam, bacopa monnieri, cod liver oil, B-vitamin complex, and magnesium.

Recently I decided to add two new additions, so my stack as of today looks like this:

Nootropil - Piracetam - 3x400mg - 1200mg total
KeenMind - Bacopa Monnieri - 1x160mg - 160mg total
Vital B-vitamin complex - 1 tablet - contains some choline, lecithin, inisotol
SlowMag - Magnesium - 1 tablet
Scott's Emulsion Cod Liver Oil - a swig or two from the bottle

New:

Solal Energising Adaptogens - 1x700mg - a "propriety" blend consisting of:

Rhodiola rosea
Eleutheroccus senticosus
Schizandra chinensis
Reishi mushroon
Korean ginseng
Astragalus
Ashwagandha
Gotu kola
Liquorice codonopsis

And lastly Gincosan - 1 tablet:

Gingo biloba GK501
Panax ginsen G115

The idea is to take a minimum amount and see how it affects me.
The only thing I want to increase is the piracetam so that I can find an ideal amount.
Other than that, I drink a lot of coffee, about 100g a week. It's Nescafe Green, which has some green coffee beans in it.

Any thoughts, advice or experiences with Gincosan or these other adaptogens?

#2 nootsz

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Day 1 with the new additions: The adaptogens seem to make coffee more potent, or the coffee makes them more potent, not so sure. Had a ton of energy the whole day, became irritable nearing the end of the day. Not sure if they'd affect dreaming but apparently I screamed in my sleep "Shut up" very loudly, twice, according to my fiance. Trying to drink less coffee and no coffee after 5pm. Otherwise, I'm really surprised that the pills work that quickly. Will test it in a week by not taking them for the weekend and seeing how I feel then. Today was easier, more focus, less unfocused energy. I really think it was the coffee.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 AlmostEasy

• 112 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

You may be selling yourself short with the adaptogens.  Sometimes you have to find a very specific brand and test the right amount for your biochemistry to get the most out of them.  I'm sure you're aware of that but I just wanted to mention it since I found incredible results with KSM-66 Ashwagandha at a high dose and just awful results with Himalaya brand Ashwagandha.  Some say they like it, but for me it wasn't a desirable effect.  It also seems that the dose of 700mg is incredibly low and well below the threshold for therapeutic dose for any of those substances.

It just makes me slightly sad to not see people testing that one out to it's fullest potential after what it's done for me!

#4 nootsz

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

I'll see what effect a higher dosage has next week.

I think the negative side effects I've experienced is more to do with the coffee than the adaptogens, as well as little sleep due to a bad habit of not checking the time.

Do you experience that your body/brain needs time to adjust to new nootropics?

Also, which adaptogens have you had the best outcome with?

Thanks for the reply and advice, it's not always easy to find advice on these topics and some people think you're trying to drug yourself. It's nice to be able to be part of a community like this, is all I'm saying.

#5 AlmostEasy

• 112 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

Yeah I definitely experience an adaptation period.  In the beginning you can expect some euphoric effects that will wear off with time, and also some tolerance as well.  So you may need to adjust dosage and also realize that we're not striving for the euphoria (well you can if you desire to but it's fleeting and not really what noots are about) but we're really striving for an increase in baseline.

Personally Ashwagandha has been the strongest adaptogen I've used.  I've only used rhodiola and bacopa aside from ash.  Rhodiola was very blah for me and bacopa I honestly haven't even noticed an affect from, even with it being supposedly very effective.  I'm coming to find that it's a very unique experience for everyone when trying nootropics.  People react in a wide variety of ways to the exact same substances.  Some may have a generally similar affect on everyone and some have a wide variety of things that they can offer.

It's a journey for sure.  Good luck :)

#6 nootsz

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'm so glad you replied, I almost considered to stop taking the adaptogens. I've been experiencing some euphoria, feels similar to MDMA or hypomania but to a lesser extent. Luckily, it's only until my system adjusts, I'll report back next week if I still feel some euphoria.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#7 Learner056

• 96 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 09:41 PM

I do wonder why Ginsenosides are not mentioned in any recent nor amongst the old anti-aging molecule list? (that had various experimental polyphenol molecules at the time, like resveratrol, quercetin, many more).  We know that Ginseng constituents ... various ginsenoside types, they potently raise IGF-1 levels.  

a) Gnseng may make you feel good in short-term, it may not help you long-term i.e. theoratically atleast will decrease lifespan, is it?   

b) While from a hematopoietic/stem cell perspective, this may indeed be beneficial?

Any thoughts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, adaptogens, gincosan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users