• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Kava

kava

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

Since Kava is a restricted import in Australia, I was wondering if anyone knows any Australian source of authentic Kava (whether it comes from people brining it with them on the plane, which is allowed, or importing it with a valid permit, or any other method, as long as it's authentic from places like Fiji and Vanuatu, etc.).

#2 tolerant

• Topic Starter
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

For anyone interested, I was able to order a certain brand of kava (Kava King) with no problems from iHerb. I don't know why, but its seems to be the only brand one is allowed to order, although Australian law prohibits it. It arrived safely without being inspected by customs. (In fact, I've never had an iHerb order inspected by customs). Here's the link: http://www.iherb.com...=8&sr=null&ic=6

#3 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

I've had a few orders from iherb inspected by customs but never seized. Then again I have ordered a LOT from iherb.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:14 AM

I'm curious also! I joined a kava forum a few weeks ago to enquire with the Australian members and most there were dedicated enough to take regular trips to Vanuata and Fiji and the like, haha. Some even grew it. I think smuggling powdered extracts through is our best bet at the moment, but kava snobs say there's no comparison to brewing from the whole root. Paradisekava.com has some extracts that are apparently great, and I could see them slipping through customs. Pricey, though.

Edit: Oh, incidentally, it might be worth setting up an alert on gumtree for kava listings; crafty people who regularly travel to the Pacific Islands will periodically list reasonably affordable bags of roots or powder. There are a few on there at the moment, actually. 

Edited by Puppeteer, 02 August 2014 - 04:19 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kava

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users