regimen stack critique nootropic intelligence genius savant regime

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 William Bell

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi,

I've been lurking this forum for a very very long time and based upon many previous stacks and regimens, especially from http://www.longecity...-to-nootropics/ http://www.longecity...que-my-regimen/ I made one for myself. I've tried this for 2 weeks already; so far so good.

I want to maintain perfect cognition in tip top condition aside from the best of health.. I am going for my Master's soon so I need a boost to keep me going while maintaining my job at the firm.

I manage to develop a near eidetic memory. I can remember least three papers worth of texts to be presented word-for-word within 25min, and that impressed the heck out of my boss.

I see things brighter now and am able to hold memory on standbby while reviewing another data. This helps me when comparing statistical graphs for my financing rotation without the need to refer back to the other graphs.

For fun, I tried memorizing a Dr Barry J. Gibb's book to impress my colleagues. Finished memorizing half the book, word for word, within a week; enough to freak the hell out of them.

I wake up instantaneously without any delays and it took me only a couple of seconds before it is clear to me what I needed to do for the day.

I've gotten a promotion yesterday.

However, 2 and a half week in and now I'm beginning to feel exhausted around the eyes. Not the body or mind, but I'd need to close my eyes couple of times as I feel the strain.

Please critique my stack below! I cannot post at the same subforum at the Regimens or comment on his thread so I decided to open it here.. Mods, please move it to wherever necessary.

Morning

Whey (24g protein) before and after 2 hr morning workout;

Multijointed strength training with leg strength training and ends with 30 minutes of HIIT cardio (continuously increasing progression),

Creatine 2g,

Multivitamin,

Ginkgo Biloba tablet 40mg x2,

Fish oil (180EPA + 120DHA) x3,

Baby aspirin 81mg,

Picamilon 150mg,

Aniracetam 750mg,

Piracetam 2.4g,

Oxiracetam 400mg,

Lion's Mane 500mg,

PhosphatidylSerine 100mg,

Bacopa 20% 500mg,

CDPCholine 250mg,

Sulbutiamine 400mg,

Pyritinol 400mg,

Noopept 20mg,

Galantamine 4mg,

Phenibut 250mg,

MSM, Condroitin, Glucosamine 500mg,

during a vegetarian breakfast (majority Kale and Spinach but changes)

1 hr brain training (Tetris and N-Back)

Afternoon

Whey (24g protein),

Creatine 2g,

Picamilon 150mg,

Aniracetam 750mg,

Piracetam 2.4g,

Oxiracetam 400mg,

Lion's Mane 500mg,

Bacopa 20% 500mg,

Sulbutiamine 400mg,

Pyritinol 400mg,

Noopept 20mg,

during a vegetarian lunch (majority Kale and Spinach but changes)

45min nap.

Night

Whey (24g protein),

Creatine 2g,

Picamilon 150mg,

Lion's Mane 500mg,

Bacopa 20% 500mg,

Sulbutiamine 400mg,

Pyritinol 400mg,

Noopept 20mg,

Melatonin 0.3mg,

during a vegetarian dinner (majority Kale and Spinach but changes)

30min brain training (Tetris and N-Back)

1 hr strength training (ends with 30min cardio)

before an at least 8 hr sleep.

I don't smoke or drink, and as bugme did, I began to remove the need for breakfast and lunch, and delay dinner, on Fridays for fasting.

I am learning to use sunscreen (SPF 50+; titanium)

Since I've copied some of the stacks, the issues the original stacks faced are here as well.

1. Multivitamin - Presence of Iron, Magnesium, Zinc. Vitamins are above the RDA.

2. Fish oil - Bad reputation lately.

3. Vegetarianism - Was advised against it.

Possible additions

1. Calcium & Strontium - Bone health before aging but may interfere with absorption of some minerals (?).

2. Resveratrol - May interfere with the benefits of workouts (?).

3. Meditation - Neurogenesis.

4. High-dose Vitamin C - Linus Pauling

5. Algae-based Omega-3 / Krill Oil - Oxidation issues of Fish oil

6. CoQ10 - Heart health

7. TA-65 - Telomerase activator

8. Dihexa - Impressive heading (10 mil times as much BDNF..)

9. NSI-189 - As with the above, impressive one.

10. SR9009 - Find me this!

11. Foc.us - Might be buying this transcranial direct current stimulation device.

12. Cerebrolysin - Gonna try this once I've gotten a registered nurse to help me with the injections. (my firm is next to a medical centre).

Please do make me a guinea pig. I have the money and resources. My job isn't taxing, except my personal life which involves a dad with severe AD. I am going to join world memory competitions and planning to enter some high-IQ societies next month to see what can I gain from those memberships.

Edited by William Bell, 26 July 2014 - 06:48 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2 YOLF

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

AD is Alzheimer's Disease?

You should look into giving him Methylene Blue. It's the most effective substance for this kind of thing. I've got some ideas for cancelling out the side effects if you want to discuss it.

You have alot of stuff I'm not entirely familiar with, but here's what I can offer:

Watch out how much synthetic folate (folic acid) you get from your supplements. 800-1000mcgs has been shown to cause brain lesions and many daily vitamins have 800mcg or 400mcg and then you're taking a B complex that also has 400mcg of folic acid in it.

You might need additional B complex vitamins to go with the sulbutiamine, but I've never tried it. IIRC, you will build a tolerance to it in around 6 months and it won't work for you anymore.

What does everyone think about noopept? IIRC it has mixed effects in some people is that right?

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

AD is Alzheimer's Disease?

You should look into giving him Methylene Blue. It's the most effective substance for this kind of thing. I've got some ideas for cancelling out the side effects if you want to discuss it.

You have alot of stuff I'm not entirely familiar with, but here's what I can offer:

Watch out how much synthetic folate (folic acid) you get from your supplements. 800-1000mcgs has been shown to cause brain lesions and many daily vitamins have 800mcg or 400mcg and then you're taking a B complex that also has 400mcg of folic acid in it.

You might need additional B complex vitamins to go with the sulbutiamine, but I've never tried it. IIRC, you will build a tolerance to it in around 6 months and it won't work for you anymore.

What does everyone think about noopept? IIRC it has mixed effects in some people is that right?

Yea, Alzheimer's.

I'll look into Methylene Blue.. I've seen it all over but never really check it out.

I've started all of them in one go (I know, this is irresponsible), so I have no idea what is causing what. This way, I have no way of isolating any effect and attributing it solely to noopept.

Hopefully there won't be a tolerance. I've just entered my current firm last two months, and gotten a promotion yesterday. I cannot lose all these edges.

I've been taking up French and Spanish, and hopefully I'll master them before any tolerance builds up to maximize these current effects.

#4 YOLF

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

It sounds like you've had some great experiences from what you've got so far. I wouldn't worry too much about losing just a few benefits, you'll still have all the others. I'm very keen on seeing what your testimonial might look like.

Also, you're taking some Glucosamine which is very likely to keep your blood sugar in check in the long run and may help to extend your life. If you'd like to add some things for additional improvement in this area, I suggest adding some cinnamon and some antiglycation supplements like P5P, Benfotiamine, maybe a small dose of ALCAR after work outs.

Oh and melatonin isn't something you want to use long term either. You can develop a dependency on it. I've done it. Periodically is good, but it gets recycled and I think even small doses might accumulate from my experience. I had to go cold turkey to get back to normal and now just use it for the occasional sleep cycle correction. This might have been due to having to switch to higher dosages due to the availability of the small doses though. Be careful.

• like x 1

#5 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

It sounds like you've had some great experiences from what you've got so far. I wouldn't worry too much about losing just a few benefits, you'll still have all the others. I'm very keen on seeing what your testimonial might look like.

Also, you're taking some Glucosamine which is very likely to keep your blood sugar in check in the long run and may help to extend your life. If you'd like to add some things for additional improvement in this area, I suggest adding some cinnamon and some antiglycation supplements like P5P, Benfotiamine, maybe a small dose of ALCAR after work outs.

Oh and melatonin isn't something you want to use long term either. You can develop a dependency on it. I've done it. Periodically is good, but it gets recycled and I think even small doses might accumulate from my experience. I had to go cold turkey to get back to normal and now just use it for the occasional sleep cycle correction. This might have been due to having to switch to higher dosages due to the availability of the small doses though. Be careful.

Alright. I'll take a look at them.

I'll remove melatonin then. But will 0.3mg actually cause dependency? That's an extremely low amount..

#6 YOLF

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

It is an extremely low amount, but we're talking about a hormone, and small amounts make all the difference. Some antioxidants can help to recycle it too. The problem is that you might stop making it.

• like x 1

#7 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

I am not familiar with many of your supplements but you look know a lot. Only wish, next to the high folic acid cryonicsculture is mentioning, you to watch chondroitin sulfate for higher prostate cancer risk (are you a male?). Actually, in my case, the caution on high folic for long time is for the same reason. I am also mixed on the TA-65. I would measure telomere length first and then see. I know you are focusing on brain health while my concerns are on cancer risks though.

• like x 1

#8 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

It is an extremely low amount, but we're talking about a hormone, and small amounts make all the difference. Some antioxidants can help to recycle it too. The problem is that you might stop making it.

Okay. I've removed the melatonin. I'm removing the multivitamins as well as most vitamins and minerals, including folic acid are, I believe, high.

#9 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

I am not familiar with many of your supplements but you look know a lot. Only wish, next to the high folic acid cryonicsculture is mentioning, you to watch chondroitin sulfate for higher prostate cancer risk (are you a male?). Actually, in my case, the caution on high folic for long time is for the same reason. I am also mixed on the TA-65. I would measure telomere length first and then see. I know you are focusing on brain health while my concerns are on cancer risks though.

I've removed one source of my folic acid intake - the multivitamin.

I'm taking the MSM, Chondroitin and Glucosamine combo for my joints due to my strenuous workouts. Should I remove them or search for a supplement without chondroitin?

#10 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Revision 1;

Morning

Whey (24g protein) before and after 2 hr morning workout;

Multijointed strength training with leg strength training and ends with 30 minutes of HIIT cardio (continuously increasing progression),

Creatine 2g,

Multivitamin, (*Iron, Folic Acid, Vitamins above RDA)

Baby aspirin 81mg, (*NSAIDs said to interfere with benefits of strength workout (?) )

Picamilon 150mg,

Aniracetam 750mg,

Piracetam 2.4g,

Oxiracetam 400mg,

Lion's Mane 500mg,

Bacopa 20% 500mg,

CDPCholine 250mg,

Sulbutiamine 400mg,

Pyritinol 400mg,

Noopept 20mg,

Galantamine 4mg,

Phenibut 250mg,

MSM, Condroitin, Glucosamine 500mg, (*Condroitin cancer risk (?) )

during a vegetarian breakfast (majority Kale and Spinach but changes)

1 hr brain training (Tetris and N-Back)

Afternoon

Whey (24g protein),

Creatine 2g,

Picamilon 150mg,

Aniracetam 750mg,

Piracetam 2.4g,

Oxiracetam 400mg,

Lion's Mane 500mg,

Bacopa 20% 500mg,

Sulbutiamine 400mg,

Pyritinol 400mg,

Noopept 20mg,

during a vegetarian lunch (majority Kale and Spinach but changes)

45min nap.

Night

Whey (24g protein),

Creatine 2g,

Picamilon 150mg,

Lion's Mane 500mg,

Bacopa 20% 500mg,

Sulbutiamine 400mg,

Pyritinol 400mg,

Noopept 20mg,

Melatonin 0.3mg, (*hormone dependency)

during a vegetarian dinner (majority Kale and Spinach but changes)

30min brain training (Tetris and N-Back)

1 hr strength training (ends with 30min cardio)

before an at least 8 hr sleep.

Edited by William Bell, 27 July 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#11 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

I had in the past some positive experience with a course of UC-II for my joints and a relatively low pain.

#12 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

I had in the past some positive experience with a course of UC-II for my joints and a relatively low pain.

Is that a type of collagen?

#13 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

Yes, the undenatured form. Some research here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2764342/
For long term mental health i also recommend to check and correct homocysteine levels higher than 8 and target 4-8 (my current struggle).

#14 YOLF

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I've removed one source of my folic acid intake - the multivitamin.

I'm taking the MSM, Chondroitin and Glucosamine combo for my joints due to my strenuous workouts. Should I remove them or search for a supplement without chondroitin?

Glucosamine and MSM are both available as a bulk powder supplement. I recommend getting it that way if you can and mixing it with a shake. Some propomalanon (sp!?) would be a good fiber source to mix it with. Most psylium comes orange flavored and might not jive with your other whey.

#15 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'm looking at the other racetams- coluracetam and fasoracetam, Selegiline, Memantine and Hydergine.
Any idea what are those, and are those okay for me in the long run?

#16 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

I'm thinking of adding blended ginger and onion juice to every of my whey to increase testosterone production. Any side-effects to this?
*bump* as well for any more suggestions to be added or removed.

#17 YOLF

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

I'm thinking of adding blended ginger and onion juice to every of my whey to increase testosterone production. Any side-effects to this?

Just onion breath, and it's a little hard to stomache. The whey is going to taste horrid, but it is a bit of a rush.

BTW, minty stuff such as breath mints tends to lower T. They have strong essential oils and are like taking a T lowering substance each time you use them. 

Edited by cryonicsculture, 29 July 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#18 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Just onion breath, and it's a little hard to stomache. The whey is going to taste horrid, but it is a bit of a rush.

BTW, minty stuff such as breath mints tends to lower T. They have strong essential oils and are like taking a T lowering substance each time you use them. 

I'll have lower onion to ginger ratio to reduce the breath issue, I guess. Thanks.

#19 YOLF

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

Personally, I like smelling like an onion...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 William Bell

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Personally, I like smelling like an onion...

I don't have any preferance but when it comes to dealing with clients in closed conversations... haha.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: regimen, stack, critique, nootropic, intelligence, genius, savant, regime

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users