- - - - -

experience storing coffee bean??

store coffee bean

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 evolvedhuman2012

• 135 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

i 'm looking to see if anyone been here before me.  i recently trying this formula of mixing different beans n first two day gotten positive results. 

and for first two days also smell the strong coffee aroma too from impression. 

but for the third and fourth day, gotten worsen result and mental discomfort ,feel empty and so on. no euphoria from coffee like early days.  from impression the lesser aroma was also detected.  mere coincidence or sign the bean gotten stale enough to ruin effect.

the bag that beans were in were not airtight container, just the normal paper bag that u put selected beans in. 

could the beans gotten stale over just a couple days? i thought the bean last much better than grounds.  did i make a mistake in assessment here? anyone been there and can offer some useful advice?

#2 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Beans need to be stored in an airtight container, especially if the air is humid.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dichotohmy

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

As said, store in an airtight container (I use a glass jar), and I strongly recommend you store that container in the refrigerator. The essential oils and aromatic compounds in whole coffee, beyond just providing taste, oxidize pretty easilly or volatilize away. Like whole spices, this is why it's essential not to grind until you are ready to use, but yes, even unground beans lose their essence pretty easilly when stored improperly.

I also only buy, at most, 2 weeks worth of beans at a time, because freshness makes a difference.

Edited by Dichotohmy, 04 September 2014 - 03:46 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: store, coffee, bean

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users