• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Longevity Day - October 1 - New York

longevity day new york

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ilia

• Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

NEW YORK LONGCITY MEETING

THE NEW YORK CITY LONGCITY GROUP WILL MEET IN THE ATRIUM AT 60 WALL STREET IN MANHATTAN ON WEDNESDAY AT 7PM.

Our goal is preventing and curing all diseases, controlling the aging process, radical resuscitation and Cryonics. The science and technology necessary for doing this are in sight. We should change the public’s paradigm that this is not possible. We will eventually raise money for research, work with other groups and do advocacy. Novel ideas for spreading our ideas will be introduced.

October 1 is the International Day of Older Persons. It is the time to plan for longevity. The United Nations designated it.

To reach the meeting at 60 Wall Street you can take the 2 or 3 IRT subway line to Wall Street. You will come out of the station and go upstairs to the atrium where the meeting will take place. A paper on the table will say, Longecity Meeting.

Even though this notice is going out on short notice, we will attempt to have speakers.

Please contact the organizer: Alvin Steinberg http://www.longecity...er/34431-alvin/ 212 - 505 - 5276 

Edited by ilia, 30 September 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#2 Alvin

• 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

Dear Illia:

Do you have the E - mails of people in New York City that you can send messages to about October 1?

Alvin Steinberg

#3 ilia

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

No I do not, unfortunately. Usually, local activists do the outreach in their area. Best, ilia

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Alvin

• 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

Dear Illia:

I will go to 60 Wall Street on October 1st. I do not thing many or any people will be there. I was told that we have 1,000 associates in New York City. It is a shame that the organization can't inform them of the meeting. I called Mind and wrote to Calaban asking for assistance. I did not hear from them as of yet.

Alvin 

#5 The_Next_LX

• 32 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

Dear Illia:

I will go to 60 Wall Street on October 1st. I do not thing many or any people will be there. I was told that we have 1,000 associates in New York City. It is a shame that the organization can't inform them of the meeting. I called Mind and wrote to Calaban asking for assistance. I did not hear from them as of yet.

Alvin 

Thank you very much, Alvin, for your informative talk and the helpful handouts. Sorry that it wasn't better attended.

John G.

#6 The_Next_LX

• 32 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:22 AM

Once again, thank you very much.

http://www.longecity...local-meetings/

#7 Alvin

• 104 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:26 AM

Your welcome. It was a pleasure meeting you. If we get more people on line maybe we can start an on line group.

Alvin

#8 The_Next_LX

• 32 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:10 AM

Your welcome. It was a pleasure meeting you. If we get more people on line maybe we can start an on line group.

Alvin

After our conversation, I have just discovered the following on line, and maybe some Longecity NewYorkers might be interested in learning about:

http://www.meetup.com/singularitynyc/

http://www.meetup.co...ents/206435652/

I know I'm intrigued. Who knows, maybe some of the 

are already citizens of Longecity. anyway, it's a thought. 

(I'll also mention that many Longecity-ites are probably already aware re: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Ray_Kurzweil )

#9 phr0stbyte

• 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

Good evening, I haven't been an active member here but when I received the initial e-mail about the meeting at 60 Wall, I immediately knew this was something I wanted to attend. Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to attend due to school commitments. Is there any hope for another meeting in the near future?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: longevity day, new york

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users