• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Things that go wrong in neurodegeneration

neurodegeneration

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Feeling my desstruction rapidly approaching and having put a lot of thought into it. I think that something that goes wrong with the microtubules.They're the most fragile thing in the brain. Convey consciousness actressnd are xremel fragile.once they are broken they might get worse. I think that is the mechanism bby which we are consciouss..they should be repairable with nano technology some day. I need to find a way to die and then get cryonics. I hope that someone here may find microtubules worth researching and eventually be able to save livesi hope this is useful to you. I'm in desperate straits

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:15 AM

ceridwen, what does your doctor think is wrong with you?

#3 ceridwen

• Topic Starter
  • 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

They don't know I had a 2 hours MRI on my head and spine

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 ceridwen

• Topic Starter
  • 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

I have had massive memory losses and now cannot walk very well

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:40 AM

Sorry to hear that.  You seemed a lot better just a few days ago.  Did this happen suddenly?

#6 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

Have you tried everything now? C60?

#7 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

Tau proteins...are abundant in neurons of the central nervous system and are less common elsewhere... Pathologies and dementias of the nervous system such as Alzheimer's disease can result when tau proteins become defective and no longer stabilize microtubules properly.

Thus this might be of interest--

Nicotinamide Restores Cognition in Alzheimer's Disease Transgenic Mice via a Mechanism Involving Sirtuin Inhibition and Selective Reduction of Thr231-Phosphotau

Memory loss is the signature feature of Alzheimer's disease, and therapies that prevent or delay its onset are urgently needed. Effective preventive strategies likely offer the greatest and most widespread benefits. Histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors increase histone acetylation and enhance memory and synaptic plasticity. We evaluated the efficacy of nicotinamide, a competitive inhibitor of the sirtuins or class III NAD+-dependent HDACs in 3xTg-AD mice, and found that it restored cognitive deficits associated with pathology. Nicotinamide selectively reduces a specific phospho-species of tau (Thr231) that is associated with microtubule depolymerization, in a manner similar to inhibition of SirT1. Nicotinamide also dramatically increased acetylated α-tubulin, a primary substrate of SirT2, and MAP2c, both of which are linked to increased microtubule stability. Reduced phosphoThr231-tau was related to a reduction of monoubiquitin-conjugated tau, suggesting that this posttranslationally modified form of tau may be rapidly degraded. Overexpression of a Thr231-phospho-mimic tau in vitro increased clearance and decreased accumulation of tau compared with wild-type tau. These preclinical findings suggest that oral nicotinamide may represent a safe treatment for AD and other tauopathies, and that phosphorylation of tau at Thr231 may regulate tau stability.

#8 ceridwen

• Topic Starter
  • 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

I took it. It didn't seem to do anything! I was hoping it would be the cure. Now thinking about stem cells and compunds

#9 Russ Maughan

• 167 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

I've been using Rosemary. I use oil form and just take a nice slow wiff a couple of times a day. Other people I know grow it in they're home. Vitamins are good but don't forget to get a little real sunshine. I've also upped my water intake. I mix chilled water with white wine or just drink it straight. I think the biggest help you could do for yourself is maintain regular sleeping habbits at all costs, even if you need narcotics to knock you out. Lack of sleep is the number one cause of premature aging. Think healing thoughts.

You can give this a scan. See if it leads to something useful.

http://www.scienceal...campaign=buffer

Edited by Russ Maughan, 20 March 2015 - 09:24 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neurodegeneration

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users