- - - - -

Adrafinil and liver health.

adrafinil liver

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PDW

• 52 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

Quick question on liver health using Adrafinil. I've read it can be dangerous to your liver with prolonged use but I'm having a hard time finding more specific info so I figured I'd ask you guys and gals and see what yall have to say. I take 200 mg of Adrafinil a day, currently just once in the morning because it seems to stay with me upwards of 12 hours which seems long, but I can feel it. This is with maybe 4 hours of sleep? However, if I get like one hour of sleep, it still works great, but the tiredness definitely starts setting in around 7 or so hours. So my conclusion is, if you get atleast a little sleep it will work a lot better then getting close to no sleep and obviously a full nights rest and then taking would probably result in over stimulation. So, liver health, I take Adrafinil at 200mg, 5 days a week, but its split up. I take it  Monday and Tuesday and then take a break Wednesday and then take it Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and take a break Sunday. Try to keep it spaced out. I should also mention that I drink 1-2 beers a night. So with all that said, should I be concerned about liver damage or any serious repercussions from my regiment?

#2 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hey, I believe adrafinil overtime raises the level of a certain liver enzyme, too busy to find the source, sorry, but it seems you can counteract that by taking milk thistle which among other benefits for the liver has been shown to decrease the levels of that very enzyme.

Read some people saying that taking adrafinil + milk thistle at the same time prolonged the effects of adrafinil, but I don't know how much truth that holds.

Edited by Sasha_, 25 September 2014 - 06:54 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jerrybusey

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

The only way you can know is to get your liver enzymes checked. It's a relatively cheap and routine blood test. I'm not sure if your state requires a prescription or not but either way you should do it.

#4 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:05 AM

I don't see why adrafanil even exists in the market with modafinil and armodafinil available. I suggest you turn to one of the more superior eugeroics.

#5 ModaMinds

• 83 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

I don't see why adrafanil even exists in the market with modafinil and armodafinil available. I suggest you turn to one of the more superior eugeroics.

It may have something to do with the fact that (ar)modafinil is illegal for most people to purchase and hard to get a prescription for, whereas adrafinil is legal and can be purchased with ease on places like Amazon.

Anyway, to OP, if you're taking adrafinil five days a week, then yes there is concern for liver damage down the road. You are on a lower dosage than usual for adrafinil, but as with any med that is taken daily (or most days in a week), it is conceivable that your liver will be affected, especially when mixed with alcohol. If you switched to modafinil/armodafinil, the effects would be slowed, but if still dosing five days per week, I would still be concerned about long-term consequences.

Edited by ModaMinds, 25 September 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#6 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

I have not been able to find documentation of adrafinil and liver damage, I take doses of 600-900 most days a week.  I have had LFT's checked during this time no elevation, I also drink moderatly--ish

@medicineman the reason I take Adrafinil as modamind said is that mod and armod are RX only in the states. 

#7 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

wow. what a bummer. I can't believe you can't get modafinil mailed in the US, but are able to buy kilos of synthetic cannabinoids without a problem. I wish I could help. I don't know what I would do without armodafinil.

Edited by medicineman, 25 September 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#8 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:18 AM

You can get it delivered, my understanding is that it's pretty safe- but technically if it was ever inspected it is a controlled substance... I'm debating on trying one of the analogues like eugerafinil or flourenol but idk... Never tried armod but modafinil is pretty amazing.. For me what was unique about modafinil was that unlike ever other stimulant I tried, I never observed any tolerance

#9 noots6494

• 15 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:25 PM

I've used Adrafinil twice and both times I got some really bad liver pain which pretty much cancelled out any noticeable mental benefits. Even with the milk thistle extract, it took about a week until my liver felt recovered. Granted, my liver might have already been fucked up but based on my experience I definitely wouldn't call it a good idea if you think you're at risk for some other liver problem.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Stephen12

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

I ordered my adrafinil here about three months ago and was sure to test my liver enzymes using a urine strip before I started. After finishing, my enzymes were not particularly higher, but I was sure to use milk thistle while doing it.

:)  Everyone remember to be good to your liver.  ...My thoughts are it's not really worse than drinking a few beers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adrafinil, liver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users