LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How old does this "body builder" guy look

ageless looks

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: How old does this "body builder" guy look? (165 member(s) have cast votes)

How old does this "body builder" guy look?

1. 30 or less (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 32 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 34 (8 votes [4.85%])

Percentage of vote: 4.85%

4. 36 (7 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

5. 38 (7 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

6. 40 (13 votes [7.88%])

Percentage of vote: 7.88%

7. 42 (13 votes [7.88%])

Percentage of vote: 7.88%

8. 44 (19 votes [11.52%])

Percentage of vote: 11.52%

9. 46 (20 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

10. 48 (23 votes [13.94%])

Percentage of vote: 13.94%

11. 50 or more (55 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

profile_robert_16.jpg

Cheeke-1157.jpgprofile_robert_14.jpg

The pictures are of Robert Cheeke. He has a body builder site named veganbodybuilding.com His wiki says he is to be born in 1980, which would make him 34 today in 2014. I do not know how old these pictures are, but think it reasonable to assume they have been taken in the past two years. I put "body builder" in quotes because he wouldn't finish in the top five in a contest just with the guys that go to my guy.

It is interesting to me how people access age, and he seems like an extreme example. I look primarily at the facial skin, but some people look primarily at the body condition. And although he is in very good condition, to me he has an old face, and I see him as a lot older than 34.

So, how old does he look to you?

eta: I just realized he is wearing the same shirt in every picture, lol.

Edited by JohnD60, 02 December 2014 - 05:02 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#2 Heyman

• 207 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

Thats interesting... I would have estimated like 52, but 'looking young' for his age. Did not expect 34. I think the grey hair does a lot. Also his lips and teeth look generally older, but I guess thats just the way he always was. He seems to have some wrinkles and nasolabial folds but thats difficult to tell when he is smiling. He certainly looks old for his age, seems to be outside a lot. I'm sure the sun contributed a fair share but I wonder what else is causing this.

• Agree x 3
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

I am pretty sure his date of birth is faked.  He looks like a 45-50 year old in good shape.  No way is he just 34. 

Edited by nowayout, 02 December 2014 - 05:55 PM.

• like x 4
  • Agree x 3
  • Good Point x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Well Written x 1

#4 JohnD60

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

I am pretty sure his date of birth is faked.  He looks like a 45-50 year old in good shape.  No way is he just 34. 

I thought this at first. If he is lying about his age it is an elaborate lie. In this thread he shows pictures of himself from a boy to present with dates, and he confirms that he was 16 in 1996.. http://www.veganbody...5ac4f737fd7b65e

note: that thread is from 2006.

Edited by JohnD60, 02 December 2014 - 06:58 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

I thought this was going to be one of those threads where the dude was 70 and looked super young.  So after looking at his face and neck (couldn't really see his hands), I figured "yeah, he could be 60..."  The skin on his arms looks good.   34!  so in fact this is one of those threads about how crappy vegans tend to look as they get older...  Please don't post pictures of good looking older vegans; I know they exist, but there sure seem to be a lot of counter-examples.

• Agree x 4
  • Cheerful x 4
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • like x 1

#6 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

Quoting myself...

Many people (by the way in many cases americans, who are used to see more fat people every day...) misinterpret low facial subcutanous fat for aged looks. That's most certainly the case with most serious bodybuilders.

• Agree x 3
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#7 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

I look at this guy and think he could be his age of 34. Face looking older due to tanning often, very low bodyfat, ethnicity perhaps. I also look at him and think he could be around 60 and doing some GH perhaps.

• like x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

I thought this at first. If he is lying about his age it is an elaborate lie. In this thread he shows pictures of himself from a boy to present with dates, and he confirms that he was 16 in 1996.. http://www.veganbody...5ac4f737fd7b65e

note: that thread is from 2006.

Yes, to me sounds like the kind of elaborately concocted lie you would expect to be made up by someone obsessed with passing for younger than he is. 

Edited by nowayout, 03 December 2014 - 06:18 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • unsure x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#9 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Weird if it's true. I wonder if he has some heritable condition? He looks way too old. I was expecting a picture of that Dick Cheney lookalike grandfather who takes HG.

• Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#10 JohnD60

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

Quoting myself...

Many people (by the way in many cases americans, who are used to see more fat people every day...) misinterpret low facial subcutanous fat for aged looks. That's most certainly the case with most serious bodybuilders.

I do think that Euros read age different than Americans. And that is part of the reason for the thread. Mick Jagger is a good example. I saw a 2002 movie, Man from Elysium, last night. In it Mick was 59, he had very youthful hair and moved in a youthful manner, but his face was (and is) horribly wrinkled. To me he looked even older than 59 in the movie. But I see Daily Mail articles that describe him as young looking.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#11 Capa

• 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

Quoting myself...

Agreed. One can always count on the internet to construct conspiracy theories concerning "elaborately constructed lies", when the simplest explanation is generally the correct one- in this case, low aesthetic fat in his face, sun exposure, mimic muscles tensed, etc...

I have to wonder how observant the posters here are, when 47% of them would rate this man as being over 50. I'm not sure where these posters live where everyone looks so young (I'd err more towards unrealistic expectations from celebrities, and the ideology that "full faced" = youthful- even when the body is horribly out of shape), but I see young/old people every day who appear far older than their actual age based on criteria other than aesthetic fat. It's very rare indeed to see someone who actually looks younger than their actual age. I have no problem believing this man is 34 years old.

• Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#12 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

I live in Sweden and now many bodybuilders. None of them look as old as him, even the ones in their 40's. I think he has bad genes.

• Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#13 JohnD60

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

I have to wonder how observant the posters here are, when 47% of them would rate this man as being over 50. I'm not sure where these posters live where everyone looks so young (I'd err more towards unrealistic expectations from celebrities, and the ideology that "full faced" = youthful- even when the body is horribly out of shape)...

How old someone looks is in large part a subjective opinion, I don't see how observant one is as a major factor in forming that opinion. Most of those that have commented in this thread state in their profiles where they live, you should update your profile so we know where you live. I am "guilty" of reading someone with a full face to be younger than they really are, but I don't know if that is social conditioning, evolutionary wiring, or something else. Case in point, I was at a restaurant Tuesday, I overheard our waitress say that it was her birthday and that she was 41. I estimate the waitress was a 35 BMI, so very overweight and thus very unattractive to me. But I would have guessed her age as 32 because of the full face.

• Needs references x 1

#14 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

Quoting myself...

Quoting myself...

Agreed. One can always count on the internet to construct conspiracy theories concerning "elaborately constructed lies", when the simplest explanation is generally the correct one- in this case, low aesthetic fat in his face, sun exposure, mimic muscles tensed, etc...

I have to wonder how observant the posters here are, when 47% of them would rate this man as being over 50. I'm not sure where these posters live where everyone looks so young (I'd err more towards unrealistic expectations from celebrities, and the ideology that "full faced" = youthful- even when the body is horribly out of shape), but I see young/old people every day who appear far older than their actual age based on criteria other than aesthetic fat. It's very rare indeed to see someone who actually looks younger than their actual age. I have no problem believing this man is 34 years old.

I disagree with the fat face = younger looking idea.  So many overweight people look so much younger when they lose weight, and, conversely, so many young people get old almost overnight when they (typically) get married and suddenly become overweight.

• Agree x 3
  • Ill informed x 3
  • Disagree x 2
  • Well Written x 1

#15 Maecenas

• 181 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

I don't see anything surprising here. His aged looks can be explained by the fact that he is blond and likes tanning. Most blond people age horribly because of UV induced skin damage. Add to this an exteremely low subcutaneous fat and you have a receipt for looking 15-20 years older. Still I think if you forget about youthful celebrities for a minute, the guy looks like the average 40+ year old Joe.

Edited by Maecenas, 13 December 2014 - 04:18 PM.

• Agree x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#16 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

I don't see anything surprising here. His aged looks can be explained by the fact that he is blond and likes tanning. Most blond people age horribly because of UV induced skin damage.

I'm blond and a former competitive swimmer from the sunniest state in the US, and that dude looks 20 years older than me (but he's only actually a single year my elder).

Of course, he probably feels 20 years younger than I do, le sigh.

Anyway, thanks for the LOLz, JohnD60
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#17 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

From a photographic standpoint, poor lighting and wide angle lenses can make people look like shit. The first picture is a good example of this. He has a bulbous nose, big forehead and hollow eyes to begin with. Looks to have very low body fat and dehydrated.

Second pic makes me want to slap him in the face with a cock.

Third pic looks 34

• Agree x 3
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#18 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

He looks like the average 35 year old from New York who bodybuilds during the day and does cocaine at night. 

• Cheerful x 8
  • Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1

#19 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

I was also thinking,  of course he is lying!   I might even bet on it and I am a pretty cautious better.  I also was thinking,  dehydrated appearing and past/present drug use,  plus bad genetics....still,  he really does not look 34 I think.  I wish there was a way to find out what's up!

• Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#20 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

Went and looked again....wow he looks old for his age if he is telling the truth.   Body builders to me are basically no different from anorexics,  just the obsession goes a different way.  In fact I know former anorexics who "cured"  themselves by becoming body builders and they are no happier,  just still alive.  Obsessions are very stressful physically and mentally and they will age you faster.   I remember seeing a beautiful fifty-ish woman I know,  an artist (I know her age because I did her taxes)  walking down the street with this lovely look of peace on her face,  just dreamy,  and I want to be just like her when I am her age.   Because the look of inner peace made her appear ageless -- it really did.

• Agree x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Informative x 1

#21 JohnD60

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:08 AM

I cropped his picture and processed it through the facial recognition/age detection software on this site.... http://www.pictriev.com/

result= 50 years old.

• Informative x 3
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#22 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

Second pic makes me want to slap him in the face with a cock.

LOL, that's an interesting response. :)

• Cheerful x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#23 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

How old does he look? - Judging by the Dentures (pic 1's a good shot) - above 65! ;)

• Cheerful x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • dislike x 1

#24 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

just for fun I showed this to my very heterosexual guy friends and they all went ugh,   50 at the exact same time!  Then I tortured them with pics of men  preening and posing in speedos.   But he is dumb to claim 34 since all that means is he looks like crap for his age,  no one will think it's a good thing.  If I were 34 and looked that bad I would feel bad.   How does one identify dentures?

• like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#25 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

I have actually seen a lot of 34 yo looking like that here.

Anyway stop picking on him because he's a member of Longecity.

• like x 1

#26 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

oh shiz I suck.   I feel like an a-hole for sure -- bc that is wrong.   Sorry.

• Well Written x 1

#27 proileri

• 80 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

I think trying to estimate someone's age based on a photograph is irrelevant. The same person can (be made to) look good or bad in a photo using different lighting and photographic techniques, not to mention you could use anything from makeup to photoshop to change the appearance. Only way you could do an accurate estimation would be in a controlled environment, where those factors can be taken into consideration. 

Edited by proileri, 12 August 2015 - 07:02 PM.

• Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 1

#28 Mrs Miggins

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

Jesus he's a worse liar than the guys on tinder. 50s without any doubt at all.
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#29 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:45 AM

After looking at his pics from when he was way younger, including some that were professionally photographed, I think he's not lying about being 34. He just has a face that doesn't make him look good in snapshots with bad lighting.

#30 4ever_young

• 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

I suspect oral steroid use is the culprit here.

The body can look good and you can feel good, but the damage shows in the skin tone and apparent age.

Liver damage.

• Disagree x 3
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ageless looks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users