• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How do you get a prescription for nuvigil/provigil etc?

nootropics prescription doctor medical modafinil nuvigil provigil armodafinil adrafinil

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jakebvt

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

Does anyone know of a way to get a script for any of the prescription nootropics? I've tried some of the unregulated ones but I'd like to try modafinil. Any thoughts? Feel free to PM me.

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

Contact your doctor via email or phone call and mention that you heard all these great things about Modafinil. If they are receptive go see them for the prescription is not call a different doctor.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:20 AM

I haven't had any luck getting a modafinil prescription from a doctor. They immediately become suspicious if I ask for a drug like that by name. Also, keep in mind that prescription modafinil is likely to cost $200-700 a month, even with insurance. Often times insurance won't cover it if you don't have narcolepsy. I've had better luck with RxRex, who charge closer to $50 a month at 200 mg a day. I have also used nubrain.com, but some people have had issues with their payment processor.

#4 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

I haven't had any luck getting a modafinil prescription from a doctor. They immediately become suspicious if I ask for a drug like that by name. Also, keep in mind that prescription modafinil is likely to cost $200-700 a month, even with insurance. Often times insurance won't cover it if you don't have narcolepsy. I've had better luck with RxRex, who charge closer to $50 a month at 200 mg a day. I have also used nubrain.com, but some people have had issues with their payment processor.

This. It's way, way to expensive in the states.

PS: Gorthaur-WTF did I just click on?

#5 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

Get diagnosed with ideopathic hypersomnia.  It helps to fall asleep at the wheel and hi something, hopefully not too hard.  The treatment is modafinal.  Be resistant to using it, and the doctors will insist you must take it if you want to drive again. They may insist on a daytime sleep study though, you may have to stay up for a few days prior so you can doze off without warning while they watch you.

• like x 1

#6 jakebvt

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

I have really good insurance. Usually the cover all of my RX unless it's prescribed off-label which it probably would be in this case I'm guessing.

Is there some sort of database of doctors who are receptive? I don't really want to taint my relationship with my current PCP.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

I think you will just have to doctor shop, you will find one. Send an e-mail out to 100 doctors and ask them, you could use an outsourcing website to compile a list of doctors within traveling distance, http://database.build/ is my own specific to internet research microtasking site or use a site like https://www.fiverr.com/va24x7/do-any-kind-of-onlineinternet-research $5!

I had the same problem in AU, I think it would be almost impossible there.. In Korea where I now live I searched forums and found a doctor known to give you anything you ask for.

It will be mega expensive without insurance covering it.

• unsure x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, prescription, doctor, medical, modafinil, nuvigil, provigil, armodafinil, adrafinil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users