• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

building a lourdes-alike hydrogen generator?

hydrogen water

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 macropsia

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

Wouldn't such a device basically just be performing electrical hydrolysis in a closed container? If so, wouldn't this be rather easy to build? Thoughts?

#2 Gediminas Jesinas

• 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

I want also to build hydrogen generator, did you attempt to do it? It's not complicated device at all and I guess their high price could be justified only by use of expensive platinum titanium electrodes. So finding good corrosion or non toxic anode will be most difficult part. Platinum and gold have excellent resistance to corrosion but they are expensive unless you can salvage from CPU, use foil or something else... In this video there is good guide to electrolysis electrodes: https://www.youtube....h?v=Enf76lBNUIY

Graphite is cheap although also tends to break down, discolor water and has low conductivity (graphene is opposite). Other alternative is MMO electrode which is harder to find. Also sacrificial non toxic metal electrodes can be used for example steel or even better pure magnesium rod since these minerals are even beneficial. Titanium might be also good option but I'm not sure, titanium dioxide is anyway used in food as white pigment. Also electrode must generate as tiny bubbles as possible. Can simple cathode do it?

Second challenge is going to be building container that can separate H and anode gases such as oxygen, harmful chlorine and fluoride. That can be done by having separate two containers with water channel only for electrons to move. Commercial hydrogenator bottles use filter mesh that blocks anode gases. Also I do not know if bottle needs to be under pressure, since for example sparkling mineral water is under pressure for better CO2 absorbtion. By the way device can act also as water aerator what is useful for hydroponics and aquariums which 50% more effective than traditional bubblers.

Lastly you will need to build power supply. I seen bottles are powered even by USB. The higher current electricity the more reaction is intense although I read that higher currents also degrade faster electrodes.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hydrogen water

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users