commission: pic of the week/month

art stock

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

two years ago, we ran an art contest. Since then, image sharing websites like instagramm/imgur/flickr  have gained more popularity.

We could open an account on one of these and share a picture per week or month.   

We could think about putting a small budget together for this in the current planning round, but we would need a project leader you could be relied upon to source a good picture at regular intervals until the end of the year.

In addition, we could run another contest to stock up on good pictures, but again we would need a project leader to promote the contest heavily at external platforms. 

Anyone interested? 

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

May be a long shot but perhaps if no one on this board is interested, an advert could be put up in universities for students wanting to add something to their CV. I know that there are researchers here who will frequent academic establishments where people are likely to have sympathy with our cause. Might be a bad idea but I figured I'd share just in case.

#3 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

I have experience at constructing and editing pictures (it's part of my video making).  I'm also a decent photographer.  If you tell me the kind of things that you want specifically I can make that happen.  Would also make for a good library of advertising images, which I find appealing.

Want my help with this?  Yes, I'm saying I can be a project leader, although I am offering to do this myself, not try to recruit others to do it.  I don't have the kind of networking reach in this field - yet - to promise that but I can promise that I can handle it via my own work.

• like x 1

#4 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

So, would you like me to handle this? :)

#5 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Give it some tome for others to respond. Meanwhile, can you create an Album with some samples of your work?

#6 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:54 PM

Sure, I'll do that.

#7 Sanhar

• 171 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:23 AM

I've created two pictures and put it in my new gallery.  Here's a link:

http://www.longecity...nhars-pictures/

There were no specifications given as to what kind of pictures you wanted so I have chosen a "motivator" style that combined stylized photographs and text.  I do the photo editing myself and also create the quotes.  The point is to get people to realize why living longer is meaningful and give them reasons to do so.

How do you like it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, stock

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users