• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Powerful Martha Stewart narrated video for anti-aging advocacy

martha stewart documentary video advocacy outreach public policy aging funding research

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brett Black

• 353 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:25 AM

I found this excellent video that I think could be very useful as an introduction to the concepts behind and the benefits of supporting scientific anti-aging efforts.

This is the sort of video that might have the power to really lay the foundations for a change in awareness and attitudes towards aging; showing that aging is not necessarily inevitable and that it is essentially a technical problem.

It has great production values, is narrated by Martha Stewart, features a bunch of highly credentialled interviewees, isn't too long (<15 mins), isnt too technical and gives a nice broad overview of the issues as well as introducing many of the key arguments for anti-aging science.

Some here will think the message is too conservative, but I think it hits what might be a perfect balance of accessability and palatability for the average person at the current point in history. I think it may also hit a sweet spot for policy makers.

This video could be a powerful tool for advocacy, and I urge everyone here to bookmark it and to share it:

"The Healthspan Imperative: The Aging of America"

http://healthspancampaign.org/film/

Edited by Brett Black, 26 March 2015 - 06:52 AM.

#2 YOLF

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:43 PM

Interesting.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: martha stewart, documentary, video, advocacy, outreach, public, policy, aging, funding, research

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users