• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Colorado

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:53 PM

If you live in colorado speak up.

I live in the mountains above Golden

#2 liorrh

• Guest, F@H
  • 388 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

I don't live there but will be there sep-october and maybe late november
vale and colorado springs.
looks very pretty in pictures.

#3 Cyto

• 1,096 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:59 PM

Highlands Ranch here, course we have already pointed this out....

And for everyone else, NO, it is not a real ranch - just full of a bunch of morons who think their cool.

We can meetup one of these days eh? School may get in the way for now.

Then we can answer that huge question: If two immortalists can really deal with eachother, lol.

Edit from "Can two immortalists can really deal with eachother"
I'm tired! Leave me alone!

Edited by Bates, 01 September 2005 - 04:14 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 justinb

• 726 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:07 PM

Then we can answer that huge question: Can two immortalists can really deal with eachother, lol.

[lol]

#5 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

i'm in palisade...close to grand junction

#6 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:01 AM

I live close to Lyons, but I will probably move back to Boulder

#7 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:26 AM

For those of you who have lived in Boulder, how would you rate the place overall?

#8 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:19 AM

I go there occasionally to sell peaches at the farmer's market. It makes for a wonderful visit in the summertime for all the wonderful array of flowers everywhere. Saturated with hippies.

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:00 AM

You thinking of moving, shep?

#10 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:14 AM

You thinking of moving, shep?

Maybe. I'm looking into the University of Colorado as a grad school option.

#11 eternaltraveler

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:21 AM

For those of you who have lived in Boulder, how would you rate the place overall?

full of rich hippies.

#12 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:27 AM

Shepard:

The area attracts many world class athletes (cyclists, runner, triathletes (a winner of the Iron Man). It has great weather and it has tons of hiking, running, mountain bike trails five minutes from downtown.

Other nice aspects:

-35 minutes to Eldora for boarding and skiing and a student season pass is only like $150 (I go to copper and vail though and brave the drive);

-You can kayak in town on beginner runs;

-Lots of rock climbing;

-Probably more Whole Foods stores per capita than anywhere else now that Whole Foods bought Wild Oats (though Vitamin Cottage is better in some aspects for food);

-45 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park, 40 minutes from Denver, lots of good restaurants; and

- Access to many other areas in Colorado. Colorado is a fairly scenic state.

The only downside I could think of is that if you are buying a house, you will not get so much house for your dollar in Boulder. I moved out of Boulder to buy a large house and to get some acreage. However, at this stage in my life I will probably sell my house and move back to Boulder within the next year.

If you have any other questions, just let me know

#13 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

Thanks, wydell.

Other than the University itself, those are exactly the kinds of reasons I'm interested in the area. My other top running possibility is San Francisco. I'll have to come up sometime in the winter to check out Boulder and make sure my low hippie tolerance doesn't ruin the place for me.

#14 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

You ski or board, shep?

#15 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

No, but it's a sport I've wanted to learn. Same with rock climbing.

I do kayak, hike, and camp, though. And there seems to be some nice spots in the area for that.

#16 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:29 AM

Actually, there are not so many hippies. And the main hippie place, Penny Lane, which was open for like 20 years or so (I think), closed down about two years ago. There is a bike shop there now. It's mostly college students and families. And then there are some folks that come and go, just trying to find their way in life.

Eldora is a great place to learn to ski and/ or board. There is no need to go to Summit County ( Copper, Keystone, Breckenridge) or Vail (Eagle County) during your first season. It's fairly inexpensive to ski\board in CO with the season pass deals they have out here.

#17 sorella

• 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:22 PM

I live in Aurora and work in Boulder. I own a house in Idaho Springs where I lived for a year, but it's rented out now.

#18 luminous

• 269 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

Born in Colorado. Lived there until 10 years ago. I miss it terribly. It's the fittest state in the country. People are outdoorsy, open-minded, relaxed. I'm so much more comfortable there than anywhere else, maybe because that's where I grew up. No humidity. Not too cold at all, contrary to general belief. The two best seasons are summer and winter, IMO. The sun shines all the time. Fall is nice, too, but short. Spring is the only time the sun doesn't shine nearly every day, and it gets a bit stormy. Also, Boulder is wonderful--all of the above, but moreso.

#19 sorella

• 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:47 AM

It's changed in 10 years. More sprawl, more lawns getting sprinkled - more humidity. Mosquitos are a problem; they weren't when I came in '77 to marry a geologist. People back east were worried that it was very cold and the air would be thin. My heirloom recipes all didn't work, especially my pie crust. I feel like the descent into fall started about two-three weeks ago, it just basically dries out and then turns gold for a short period. I love the long winter thaws where it gets up into the 50s and 60s when there is a high pressure weather thingee over the front range. I love winter when it's sunny and the leaves are down. The landscape is like a fine pencil and colored pencil drawing, very subtle colors and equisite lines. Idaho Springs got 9 feet of snow about 4 years ago, and Aurora got 4 feet about 7 years ago, in the spring of course. They just spotted a tornado in Clear Creek county this summer, too.

#20 salyavin

• 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:30 AM

I live in Fort Collins.

#21 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:05 AM

Seriously: http://convention.drunkard.com/

Not to mention the pictures from April 20 that I saw from campus. And, they had that beach volleyball tournament there last month.

It's official, I'm coming to Colorado. That's assuming that I ever get out of AU with my undergrad degrees.

#22 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

I live close to Lyons, but I will probably move back to Boulder

If I could of afforded to buy a new house there a year ago I would of... my job is in Boulder tho, so I get my fill still. :)

Up til a year ago, I lived in Boulder for about 5 years and it's by far my favorite town that is in spitting distance from Denver.

Currently live in Firestone/Frederick, about 10 minutes east of Boulder County.

Edited by jCole, 17 August 2008 - 02:25 PM.

#23 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:26 PM

It's official, I'm coming to Colorado. That's assuming that I ever get out of AU with my undergrad degrees.

Born & raised here and I don't see myself ever moving. I've traveled a lot, but nothing has topped CO for me... yet. :)

We're the fittest state in the country, so if that's your thing, you'll definitely find it here.

Also:
http://men.webmd.com...drunkest-cities

Apparently we're one of the drunkest states too, haha...

All tho I'm not a smoker myself, but marijuana is also legal under a Oz. in Denver, at the city level... but you could still be charged at the state level if the officer wants to be a prick about it.

Edited by jCole, 17 August 2008 - 02:35 PM.

#24 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

We're the fittest state in the country, so if that's your thing, you'll definitely find it here.

Apparently we're one of the drunkest states too, haha...

It's like God designed it just for me.

#25 Varkaus

• 93 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:27 AM

Colorado is sweet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users