• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

any open source medical expert systems available

expert systems diagnosis decision trees

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pampoenkop

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

I think a few years ago there was some research done on medical expert systems for diagnosing symptoms etc but now you don't hear anything. Is it a dead end or just not politically correct at the moment?

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

Watson from IBM - not open source of course.

I use WebMD once in  awhile. Not really "open-source" but it is free.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 YOLF

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:50 AM

You could go with genome testing and see what you're most susceptible to. 23andme and a promethease report go great together. There are several other services providing genome analysis. It'll give you some good leads to start with and may reduce the time to diagnosis, plus you'll also know what you need to guard against in the future.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:26 AM

I don't think 23andMe is going to be much help for most medical problems.   I don't know of any free expert systems, although there may be some out there.  There's some company that will analyze complex medical mysteries for a fee.  I think it was $350.  I don't know if you get a refund if they don't get it right.  Probably not... I don't have a link, though, sorry.   Here's something I just found by googling 'medical diagnosis'.  I don't know if it's an expert system or not, but it seems useful.  Here's a site called CrowdMed.  They solve medical mysteries using a combination of staff medical people and crowdsourcing.  I found that by googling 'medical mysteries'.  It popped up as an ad, so it probably costs money.

Are you looking for a way to solve a medical problem, or are you more interested in the software?  I'm assuming the former...

Edited by niner, 23 May 2015 - 03:33 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: expert systems, diagnosis, decision trees

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users