Photo

Peak Nootropic's Aniracetam Review - a Clumpy Focus Drug for Nerds

aniracetam racetam

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:17 AM

Aniracetam is a member of the Racetam family.

aniracetam-by-peak-nootropics-89-1416243

It modulates the Ampakine receptor in the brain, Ampakinic drugs have actually been investigated by Darpa. Which is the shadowy military research organization that there's all kind of crazy conspiracy theories about. So if the US government wants to hire me to broker a interstellar peace arrangement with aliens, or travel back in time to save JFK you can find my resume on LinkedIN.

The packet it comes in is pretty small but the dosage needed for affect is a lot lower than Piracetam. A dosage of 1500-2000 milligrams puts me into a very focused state for 3-6 hours.

Aniracetam actually reminds of Modafinil in that I don't feel really energetic on it, I just find myself being really focused on whatever I'm doing. I'm not distracted by checking Facebook and email every 15 minutes. I'm an classic ADHD personality so anything that helps me to be immune to distraction while working is well worth my money.

I think I'm going to list Dual N-back brain training as a cofactor of Aniracetam because the two compliment each other so nicely. While I was enhanced on Aniracetam I got my highest brain training scores along with actually enjoying the usually 'bore yourself to tears' dual n-back 'game'. This makes me think that Aniracetam would be a good cognitive enhancer for competitive gamers.

The viscosity of the Aniracetam is not exactly ideal for consumption in powder form, when you scope the Aniracetam out of the baggy and dump it into a glass of water it clumps right up, even if you try to mix it up with a spoon or straw. I drink it like a shot and chase it with glass of green tea to wash down the clumps. I've taken a lot of weird tasting supplements...

Some taste like gasoline

Some taste really bitter

Some taste really natural and 'green'

Aniracetam in comparison has a very boring taste, it kind of tastes like dirt - once when I was a kid I ate dirt, so I know!

Overall, I can see why people pay extra for Aniracetam in pill form

50 Grams in pill form $38 (https://www.purenoot...uct/aniracetam/ includes COA!)

50 Grams in powder form $30

The packaging is very no frills and utilitarian, one thing I appreciate is that it is double bagged in a metallic baggy and a plastic baggy. As traveler who carries these powders over international powders I also appreciate that it comes with a paper that states what it is, in case I need to prove to a border guard that it's legal.

I can tell when the Aniracetam kicks in because I get sweaty palms.

Those who are acquainted with Piracetam know that you need to take choline with it to balance your neurotransmitters. Otherwise, you can get a headache from 'being to focused'. I'm not taking any choline supplements right now, however I don't really get this with Aniracetam, I took it at quite high dosages and I never got any headaches.

Aniracetam has a reputation as a social smart drug, which is something of course that I experimented with. I did about 4 grams of Aniracetam over the course of day that was particularly socially demanding; I had to lead a class of foreign language students for several hours (something I do for fun) then I had sushi with friends followed by a night of dancing. This day I was definitely more witty, self amused and I was a little smoother in my second language, but it was a pretty subtle effect, it definitely didn't turn me into Casanova or give me Obama-like public speaking skills. This won't be my go to social start drug going forward...

I partied on a stack of Aniracetam and Phenibut, and I drank a single beer. I slept well and woke up feeling not exactly hung over but I was definitely tired which is probably due to staying up dancing till 2AM.

aniracetam-by-peak-nootropics-17-1416080

There's an idea of a Hedonic Setpoint, which is the level of pleasure that you find novel. This is why some people are perfectly satisfied by spending their weekend watching football and drinking a beer where as other people need to race a sports car, go skydiving, party in crazy nightclub, or have group sex to be entertained. I think, similarly we all have different 'Stimulatory Setpoints' that are adjustable like the Hedonic Setpoint. I know that my Stimulatory Setpoint is pretty high since I drink a lot of coffee and consume a lot of Nootropics.

I probably would not purchase this again because

I've got a lot of other Nootropics that I need to field test.

I didn't find it more or less cognitively enhancing than Piracetam. At the rate I'm consuming this little 50 gram bag Piracetam is actually a better value.

For only $8 more I can get it in capsule form that I just have to swallow as opposed to the awkward experience of consuming it in it's powderized form.

However, I could see myself returning to Aniracetam if I had a project that was going to require really next level focus for a period of 30-45 days.

A lot of people are none responders too or get headaches from Piracetam so I would recommend Aniracetam to them because it is a very proven smart drug, yet it has a totally different mechanism of action.

This review originally appeared on LimitlessMindset.com

Edited by jroseland, 30 May 2015 - 04:21 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aniracetam, racetam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users