• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How much choline do I take with Piracetam?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lightsout06

• 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:22 PM

I've been taking Piracetam by itself for the past 2 weeks due to procrastination. I haven't seen much results so ive decided to finally go head and add in Source Alpha GPC. How much choline should I take in per day? Also is there any particular way to take Piracetam? I usually take 1 800mg pill when I wake up for class on an empty stomach then another pill in between classes. Thanks alot.

#2 lightsout06

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:48 PM

another question that I have is why is pira so much more effective with the use of choline?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lightsout06

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:56 PM

bump

#4 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:22 PM

allright, lemme take a stab. piracetam, and all 'racetams, in my understanding, use up choline resources in the brain/body, and without supplementing it, you might get a headache. not to mention that even if you don't get a headache, you are going around with less choline than you need to perform at full capacity. choline is vital to brain health in itself, and is a cornerstone of a nootropic stack.

#5 lightsout06

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:40 PM

how much choline per day?

#6 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:48 PM

that's a really good question. it depends on the source. if you've got Alpha GPC, that's already one of the better ones. i am sweating like a dirty fish through the last of my choline bitrate, and waiting for some Alpha GPC. it seems to be a pretty subjective amount otherwise. some people need a lot, some - none. i think da_sense doesn't even take a cholien supplement anymore?

check the archives, or hopefully someone'll drop in here.

#7 lightsout06

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:15 AM

thanks for the input

#8 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:34 AM

I've been taking Piracetam by itself for the past 2 weeks due to procrastination. I haven't seen much results so ive decided to finally go head and add in Source Alpha GPC. How much choline should I take in per day? Also is there any particular way to take Piracetam? I usually take 1 800mg pill when I wake up for class on an empty stomach then another pill in between classes. Thanks alot.

The amount that you need will vary from person to person, but to give you an idea

1.6 gm of piracetam - 200mg/AGPC
1.6 gm of piracetam - 500mg/choline citrate
1.6 gm of piracetam - 500mg/centrophenoxine

Personally, if I take 300mg of AGPC (600mg @ 50%) I get side effects but they only become apparent after 2 - 3 days (it builds up). But then, most people would take more than that dose of AGPC and this is appropriate for them. So, you will have to tune it to your needs.

Edited by enigma, 14 September 2005 - 11:03 AM.

#9 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:42 AM

Personally, if I take 300mg of AGPC (600mg @ 50%) I get side effects after a few days but they only become apparent after a couple of days (it builds up).

Would you mind sharing what those side effects are?

Thanks!

#10 enigma

• 143 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:38 AM

Would you mind sharing what those side effects are?

Certainly,

Strange and metalic feeling headache, impaired thinking, feeling unhappy, trouble sleeping, stiff jaw and neck. Goes away
after about 24 hours or so. Was initially difficult for me to detect because I had started taking AGPC and then this occured
two or three days later. I had thought it was something else causing it at the time. I since also felt the same sides mildly from taking
500 mg of centrophenoxine with ALCAR but not without ALCAR. So, now I just use 250mg/centrophenoxine and
2 tsp lecithin for a choline source and this is adaquete for my purposes, I think most people can tolerate/benefit from
more ACh than I.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:41 PM

Thank you, Enigma. I started getting a pain in my neck about the same time I started taking 600mg of AGPC. I made some other changes at the same time, so I wasn't sure if it was the AGPC. It sounds like maybe it was.

When you say "300mg of AGPC(600mg @ 50%)," is that true of all AGPC? I'm taking Source Naturals AGPC, wich is labeled 300mg. Does that mean really 150mg?

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users