Forum needs more interaction.

forum

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ImmortalSpace

• 145 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

This forum needs more interactions with topics, I've seen dozens upon dozens of topics that got hundreds of views with no replies at all. That's a problematic forum issue that should be resolved.

• Good Point x 1

#2 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Start commenting more then
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#3 ImmortalSpace

• Topic Starter
  • 145 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Well it would not make sense to comment on my own posts. The point is to have others respond to topics I create obviously.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#4 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

Ah, I didn't realise it was your own threads from your comments
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#5 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

If you refer to your thread about the database on Google Docs, I read it but I didn't wrote because (i) I'm not a biochemist, (ii) it's a daunting task, even for experts on the field, and (iii) probably Google Docs is not the right tool for it, by far. But, since I'm not an expert, I didn't want to start an argument about it, and also I didn't want to have a negative impact on your project caused by that comment.

This is a forum, people comment on the topics that they are most interested in. This isn't like a real conversation or a chat, where people are expected to reply if somebody speaks.

Edited by Antonio2014, 22 July 2015 - 11:48 PM.

• Good Point x 2

#6 ImmortalSpace

• Topic Starter
  • 145 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:20 AM

Well, I mainly was referring to the general section everyone posts in. If you look, theres a lot of posts no one comments on. Including mine. Just saying, that's a forum issue. Most other forums I see everyone is left with a response.

The point is. People need to comment in the general part of the forum, if not this forum will not provide a benefit to people who are here to seek information about health and new information in aging and disease prevention. If you agree, thumbs me up.

• Disagree x 2

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

Which section is the general section?  People post in lots of different forums here.  What are your suggestions for getting more people to post followups?

#8 ImmortalSpace

• Topic Starter
  • 145 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:37 AM

Which section is the general section?  People post in lots of different forums here.  What are your suggestions for getting more people to post followups?

Any of the top forum sections that get the most frequent posts. I'm not a moderator- but I'm just pointing out a communication issue I and others likely noticed.

#9 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

The point is. People need to comment in the general part of the forum, if not this forum will not provide a benefit to people who are here to seek information about health and new information in aging and disease prevention. If you agree, thumbs me up.

Well, my use of the forum is different. I don't seek here information about health or prevention. I'm not interested in that, I'm interested in rejuvenation research. I obtain most of that research information from blogs and news sites. I use this forum as a complement to that, sometimes I obtain information here that I can't obtain outside. Also, I use this forum to know about grassroot initiatives (for research funding, etc.), and also to discuss some topics that I can't discuss elsewhere (like cryonics).

#10 ImmortalSpace

• Topic Starter
  • 145 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:56 AM

Well, my use of the forum is different. I don't seek here information about health or prevention. I'm not interested in that, I'm interested in rejuvenation research. I obtain most of that research information from blogs and news sites. I use this forum as a complement to that, sometimes I obtain information here that I can't obtain outside. Also, I use this forum to know about grassroot initiatives (for research funding, etc.), and also to discuss some topics that I can't discuss elsewhere (like cryonics).

Some people come on here to do that though.

#11 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:46 AM

I know, but you can't expect that all people write in these sections. Also, I don't think these sections have much to do with the "unlimited lifespans" that appear in the Longecity subtitle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users