* * * * * 1 votes

PRL-8-53 Trial

prl-8-53

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BleachedSleet

• 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

I've been trying PRL-8-53 for the past two months now and have been keeping a detailed personal log of the effects. For anyone interested I must say that is one of the major compounds I have tried that has noticeable effects on me. 

First off the good:

It has increased my memory greatly--far better than I expected. I've confirmed this in a rudimentary way playing memory games. I've noticed it most in regards to dates and numbers and "trivia" style facts. I'm able to recall much more much faster. I've also noticed a focus boosting factor during the initial dosing (1x10mg dose every four days)  but more on that in a moment. The effects last for five days and almost immediately drop off after that. I've been dosing every four days sublingually with a very small dose as noted above and the effects are mostly desirable. 

Now, for the not so good:

This drug seems to agitate and create obsessive behavior. I'm already diagnosed with OCD so adjusting for that, I will still become incredibly compulsive in counting things. When taken with 45mg of caffeine I end up with minor synesthesia: Numbers become colored and visual, and I can start to see sound. It's very pleasant to listen to music, but I lose some of the more beneficial aspects. I find this very interesting. 

The focus factor also becomes tiring very quickly. This is only on the first day of the four day cycle: The next three days are just clean, enhanced recall. That first day, though, is very focused and wearing. I've found that it's more of an obsessive focus, and not very good for anything unless I combine the PRL with something like adrafinil (I take a slightly lower than standard 250mg dose when doing the PRL to limit the stimulating effect I get from adrafinil...other's milage may vary here) to help center myself more on a specific task. Using an EEG I've noticed a much higher level of beta wave activity at rest. 

It's very numbing...almost like cocaine. I'd have no problem using this as an oral anesthetic in a pinch. My muscles tighten up, but I haven't noticed a dangerous heart rate (my heart beats faster than normal at rest anyway). PRL does, however, agitate my costochondritis (a cartilage inflammation) but taking with a low mix of ibuprofen and acetaminophen (400mg and 250mg respectively) mitigates this problem for me personally. 

I've read a few other experiences with this compound on here, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? Any long term users here with anything to add? 

• Informative x 3
  • like x 1

#2 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

great review. where did you buy your prl-8-53?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Aurel

• 184 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:02 PM

Have something here which I will try in the future. How do you dose? Do you have a very small spoon?

I would also like to know if your memory is enhanced for memories you aquired after starting the substance OR even for older memories of the past?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 BleachedSleet

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:13 PM

great review. where did you buy your prl-8-53?

New Star Nootropics

Have something here which I will try in the future. How do you dose? Do you have a very small spoon?

I would also like to know if your memory is enhanced for memories you aquired after starting the substance OR even for older memories of the past?

I dose sublingually 10mg once every four days. You can buy spoons for $5 on Amazon. I just rub the powder into my gums since it's such a small dose and I don't like how it taints whatever I'm drinking, but some people mix it. It seems to break the blood-brain barrier very quickly (it "hits" faster than anything I've tried, though it is nuanced), but I couldn't find any actual data on that per se...a chemist might be able to elaborate better. I have experienced great memory enhancement for even old memories but that's not too surprising...the original clinical trials were aimed toward long term memory. It took about a week to really start seeing results. 

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prl-8-53

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users