language audacity theta alpha

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 terenceslattery

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hi All,

I'm very interested in brain health and nootropics and binaural beats and I was hoping for a bit advice from the community.

I am currently learning how to speak Portuguese and was wondering if I could get an edge using binaural beats.

Now from the research I've done there are several different frequencies that are supposed to support with accelerated learning, but most commonly it seems a low alpha/high theta frequency works best.

Now I have audacity on my home computer and can therefore create my own binaural beats with that, but also I have audio three CD's (Collins easy learning Portuguese) and I am interested in creating two tones in the theta/alpha range for a binaural beat and then ripping the audio cd tracks to mp3's and then importing them into the audacity session and exporting as mp3's.

It's a bit of a faff as each CD holds circa 25 tracks but if it really helps with the learning process then it will be worthwhile.

What I'm unsure on though and could do with some support with are the following points : -

1. If I create a binaural beat and then import a vocal track with the odd jingle and chime and constant talking won't this surely adjust the frequency and therefore render the process useless?
  2. If it doesn't and in fact the underlying binaural beat entrains my mind to learn and I absorb the course easier are there things I need to do with the mp3 track (i.e. I'm aware I need to make one of the tones for the left ear and one for the right ear for the binaural track, would I need to also do something similar with the imported mp3 in order for it to work)
  3. Can anyone recommend other frequencies for this type of thing that from experience work better for accelerated language learning?
  4. Lastly if you are taking nootropics such as modafinal or noopept I image your brain frequency must be resonating at a higher frequency such as beta or gamma in which case do binaural beats lose some of their effect and therefore best to use without any chemical supplementation?

Thanks in advance, happy to upload the tracks for anyone else interested in learning Portuguese once I've completed the exercise.

Terence

Edited by terenceslattery, 29 July 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#2 terenceslattery

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

Anyone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

Check here: http://www.longecity...mazing-results/

A good practice to get into is to use the search box in the upper right hand corner of the page. You will usually find a topic about what you are interested in.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: language, audacity, theta, alpha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users